Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemili View Post
    They've said dual spec will be in after launch. The game just launched on the 20th.

"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience." - Yoda
    Why are Yoda's teachings and wisdom always so relevant on Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Playing Operative. Healer spec. No issues so far and I am close to lvl26. Might be that I am used to level as healer. In fact before dual-spec in WoW I levelled all hybrid classes as healer eventually. I didn't find it less fun. But YMMV.

PS: The reason why WoW actually got dual-specs was because it was expensive for classes who had respec and re-glyph, unless that's an issue the whole thing will just be about convenience.
    Respeccing does get pretty expensive after a few times, though I'm not sure if there's a cap on the price like there was in WoW. I prefer to heal flashpoints rather than dpsing them, but I don't like soloing as corruption because I find it to be dull and I enjoy playing lightning a lot more for soloing. The cost for me to respec at this point is 40k, which I can't afford because I still need 200k to buy my next level of speeder training. So I'm stuck as lightning right now and can't heal in flashpoints. You also have to re-input your talent points and rearrange your action bars if you have them set up differently, but that's not a big problem for me, though it might be for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Encarn View Post
    Why are Yoda's teachings and wisdom always so relevant on Forums?
    When are Yoda's teachings not relevant?
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

You people who are against dual spec or a respec cost cap are a disgrace to real gamers everywhere.

Handy-capping yourself for the sake of "immersion" is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. What your really covering up is your lack of dedication and inability to play your class to the max. Cause you don't want to put in any real effort outside of artificial grinds IE make a second character excuse for pvp/to heal/to tank/to dps. *puke*

"But lag you can pvp with a pve build just fine" yeah keep being sub par because you don't want to maximize your performance for your group and yourself. Same can be said for pve. Your endorsing piss poor performance by not giving the ability of a cost cap respec or dual spec options.

And this is a damn MMO, your playing with other people in group content. Which requires people to fill certain rolls to do that content. The garbage excuse of just "find someone else" to fill a certain roll is idiotic. This is a game where your first goal is to have fun. When my friends who are currently online consists of two tanks and two healers and we want to do something together. Yeah we should TOTALLY not do stuff together and just find other people for one flashpoint, makes total sense. I mean hell while were at it why don't we just do away with mounts as well. Cause why make things easier right?

People being flexible has no effect on your gameplay what so ever. Oh wait I completely forgot me being able to switch to dps to quest for my own enjoyment; makes it so you can't enjoy your gameplay.

And nobody said you can't level as a healer. Just this amazing thing of.....wait for it....fun. Some of us don't find questing as a healer to be more fun and enjoyable as dpsing. Should you be forced to level as dps then when you really want to heal if the tables were turned? Yeah pretty damn fun right?

Seems to me the people all against this don't pvp or do any sort of real endgame content in anything they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Respeccing does get pretty expensive after a few times, though I'm not sure if there's a cap on the price like there was in WoW. I prefer to heal flashpoints rather than dpsing them, but I don't like soloing as corruption because I find it to be dull and I enjoy playing lightning a lot more for soloing. The cost for me to respec at this point is 40k, which I can't afford because I still need 200k to buy my next level of speeder training. So I'm stuck as lightning right now and can't heal in flashpoints. You also have to re-input your talent points and rearrange your action bars if you have them set up differently, but that's not a big problem for me, though it might be for some people.
    This is where I'm at with my agent as well. The cost just gets to be silly, there needs to be a cap put in place till they put in dual spec. My pvp healer spec and pve healer spec are very different. Along with my pve dps and pvp specs, as in its a world of difference in how well you play.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggiecore View Post
    The question here seems to be 'how fast" one can level as a healer. My response is this.

I am leveling a Jedi Sage, started last Thursday with the early start. Last night I hit 25. One week to get half way to max level. I figure the processes may slow a bit from 25 to 50. But really what are we talking about there? At the current rate Ill be max level in say 2 weeks or less. So 3 weeks total time to max level as a healer.

Dont really think I need a second spec, if it comes along I'll take it, but not a biggie for me.
    How much /played?
    Don't wanna be a bubble burster, but it took the fastest person 2 days, 8hrs of /played. It took him <12hrs to hit 25. Unless you're at less than 2hrs a day, you're probably going slower. If that's your thing, more power to you. It's all really dependent on the class you are and what companion you're using. Our 2nd 50 went 40-50 as Bodyguard, with Blizz as his companion, and beat tons of people to max, so it's possible. But how fast at low levels, particularly without a geared companion? Who knows.

I'm leveling as a healer and i do flashpoints.

That being said, Dual spec is a great improvement to the game and i'm pretty sure it will be added no matter what the selfish people that want to lock out others from having options just because they dont enjoy playing to roles think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I'm level 29 atm and leveled as a healer through the whole thing. I solo most heroic 2 quests without issue, your argument is invalid. In fact, some of my friends who play dps can't solo the way I do.

This is just whining, nothing more, move along.
    Healing as what? Sage/Sorc or another class that can equip medium+ armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the sentiment that there should be duel specs. Im a Jugg and I gladly tank if theres no others that want to. On my server (EU Lord Calypho) there seems to be a rather hard time finding healers for flashpoints.

Long live Duel speccing!

Playing my Bounty Hunter, I have had no problem at all healing FPs as DPS spec, there is no need to spec into healing for these easy 4 mans.

should have talent reset or dual spec like every other mmorpg really taking a step back in time when your not doing so. I remember mmo's 10 yrs ago that had option to reset your stats/talent points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolok View Post
    should have talent reset or dual spec like every other mmorpg really taking a step back in time when your not doing so. I remember mmo's 10 yrs ago that had option to reset your stats/talent points.
    You can reset your talent points... Better do some research before trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You can reset your talent points... Better do some research before trolling.
    You can, yes, and he was wrong, but the price ends up being impossible to pay while leveling.

Sigh... DUAL not DUEL...

Find a buddy to level with. This is the only MMO that actually promotes grouping for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vachiersti View Post
    Sigh... DUAL not DUEL...
    TIME TO DUEL!!!... sry.. had too

but i believe Bioware said they are working on dual specs for a later patch... note this is NOT changing your AC.. just respecting in the 3 trees in your AC.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Healing as what? Sage/Sorc or another class that can equip medium+ armor?
    Sage, sorry, forgot to mention.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnx View Post
    I am so frustrated with the SWTOR community. The DPS players whine and moan on the official forums saying they dont want Duel Specs in the game, but then have the nerve to post tons of threads about the lack of healers. Well guess what enjoy your lack of healers it looks good on you all. Im a Healer and I refuse to do flash points and heres why.

Since we dont have Duel Spec (Talent Spec ... ***NOT ADVANCED SPEC***) That means I cant level as quickly or as easly as a DPS, So why should I as a Healer spend money and time into respeccing when I want to Quest and then spend more money and time to respecc back to Healer just to heal in a flash point.

There are so many selfish people who want to lock us healers and tanks into only 1 roll cause they fear that if we have the choice of doing both that thier wont be any tanks or healers which isnt the case at all in WoW I was a Priest I used my Duel spec to allow me to play Shadow while questing or PvP then would talent spec to Healer for Raids and Dungeons, Duel Spec gives Healers and Tanks more flexability to do other tasks other then just tanking and healing.

You DPS will never understand my pain being a healer trying to quests with a mindless companion, while your blowing past me like lightning speed because you can nuke everything with chain lightning ect ect ect.

So with that said since I cannot force you too feel my dread, I as a healer because of all your whining and moaning am officially on strike from healing. I encourage all healers to do the same why should be be forced to pay just to keep the same pace as those who would never and will never respec into tanking or healing themselves.

let the DPS do the flash points themselves see how well they do without tanks and or healers, then we will see if they still think not having a duel spec is a good idea.

I know not everyone will do this but I hope some do, Cause on Iron Citidal the second largest server in SWTOR flash point are like a barren waste land, Lack of Duel Spec equalls healers leveling as DPS...

And yet another post of someone pointing out something wrong with the 14 year old MMO format, so what makes SWTOR so appealing when it has the exact same flaws everyone has complained about for years... Wait a go.. complete lack of originality and creativity on the part of the greedy developers.

Welcome to the land of MMOs, where others more than willingly will have your play hampered all in the name of some mythical nonsense about how the game and story would suffer if you had such flexibility.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

If one feels that dual spec is necessary, there is something wrong with the game.