Arkham City: What if I'm not a Batman freak?

After seeing the game for sale on Steam I'm seriously considering buy it. I have a feeling I won't be able to get into it though because I'm not much of a comic book/Batman freak. Is the game fun for someone who knows next to nothing about Batman?

Deleted
    Arkham City was enjoyable and the only previous knowledge needed is from Arkham Asylum game(which was also good)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    After seeing the game for sale on Steam I'm seriously considering buy it. I have a feeling I won't be able to get into it though because I'm not much of a comic book/Batman freak. Is the game fun for someone who knows next to nothing about Batman?
    Yes. My knowledge of Batman comes entirely from a few episodes of the Cartoon and the newest movies; yet I still loved the hell out of Arkham Asylum, and I suspect Arkman City will be just as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just buy it and go in with the mentality of "I'm the godamn batman"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great game, even if you're not too familiar with the Batman universe you may like it. If you like the comics and cartoon you'll love the hell out of this game as this game makes you feel like Batman.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2011-12-22 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Just buy it and go in with the mentality of "I'm the godamn batman"
    Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYVilmnMFpY

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    yes exactly like that lol

Ive watched the movies, but am far from a Batman freak. I have a general idea of who the big villains are before I played the game, but thats about as far as my knowledge goes. Loved the first one, still havent gotten the second one yet but plan on getting it soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Arkham Asylum, but got frustrated quickly when it wouldn't allow me to act as I wanted to. Mechanically, it was great, but I really wanted to play "rogue Batman" and snap some spines etc.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    Yea the game is a lot of fun. Setting is 100% irrelevant to good gameplay.

Gameplay first, last, second, third... etc. Only thing that ever matters. Ever.