Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Smoothest money scam in MMO history.

So you bought game and where exited start playing. But then oppsi... You have buy time card or enter your bank details.
    Option 1, you have basic basic bank account and card can not be used for internet payments.
    Option 2, you must buy time card but why, game already has 30 days gaming time included.
    Means peoples who bought game can not start playing until payment is sorted out.
    To put is straight, peoples bought product and cant use it because it contains hidden charge.
    Do they really expect get away with this?

Please discuss.

Well, they're certainly going to get away with it just like any other company.
    However, inb4 "it was in the description.." - 90% of all people don't even read those things.

I do not agree with how you have to put a payment method in before you can even use the 30 days,
    but calling it a money scam is a bit over the top.

Since when was this hidden? It was announced ahead of time that there will be a subscription fee that is required. There is nothing to discuss here.

And I don't ever need to use my bank information. It's game time cards or gtfo with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please discuss.
    No. "Please discuss" is viewed as trolling by a lot of people.

If you dont want to pay for another gamecard, put your bank details.

Right, you are a minor and dont have a credit card, then ask your parents for one. Or you are hiding the fact that you bought a game?

RIFT did the exact same thing, yet nobody cried about it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

WoW was like this when it launched, this isn't new. It's a business strategy, and they're a business.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, you can enter your info your another month after the free 30 days, then cancel your sub, and play only the 30 days. Also: Why did you buy a $60 game that ANYONE could test prior to purchase if you only planned on playing less than a month....?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cawabunga View Post
    So you bought game and where exited start playing. But then oppsi... You have buy time card or enter your bank details.
    Option 1, you have basic basic bank account and card can not be used for internet payments.
    Option 2, you must buy time card but why, game already has 30 days gaming time included.
    Means peoples who bought game can not start playing until payment is sorted out.
    To put is straight, peoples bought product and cant use it because it contains hidden charge.

Please discuss.
    Expect they did the exact same thing with WoW at launch. D.E.R.P

It's nothing new or scandalous; it simply is.

They said that you had to set up a sub by the 22nd. It was either in the news or I got an email about it.

I was definitely notified that you had to sub by the 22nd.

Deleted
    It told you that information on the box so how can it be a scam if they were upfront about it?

Please discuss.
    "HAY GUYZ! I DINNA READ DA BOX OR DA SIGHT BUT IMMA SAY ITS A SCAM!! ITS THE FISRT MMO TO MAEK YOU HAVE A SUB TO PLAY THE FIRST MONTH!?!?!?"

World of Warcraft. Everquest. Everquest II. Asheron's Call. Asheron's Call II. Final Fantasy XI. Lord of the Rings: Online. Age of Conan. Rift. 100+ other MMOs I don't know offhand.

R T F M

Please discuss.
    Well, I know it doesn't have a hidden charge since I monitor my back account closely. Every MMO does this, I enter my info, then just cancel immediately after. They just have you set it up hoping you forget to unsubscribe after the thirty days is due so they can recharge you for the recurring subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    "HAY GUYZ! I DINNA READ DA BOX OR DA SIGHT BUT IMMA SAY ITS A SCAM!! ITS THE FISRT MMO TO MAEK YOU HAVE A SUB TO PLAY THE FIRST MONTH!?!?!?"

World of Warcraft. Everquest. Everquest II. Asheron's Call. Asheron's Call II. Final Fantasy XI. Lord of the Rings: Online. Age of Conan. Rift. 100+ other MMOs I don't know offhand.

R T F M
    Way to be a valued member of the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    They said that you had to set up a sub by the 22nd. It was either in the news or I got an email about it.

I was definitely notified that you had to sub by the 22nd.
    Bioware can not ask such thing because it is hidden charge and it is against trading standards in many countries.
    I will contact to Bioware and ask refund.

every mmo has done this since... fuck ever you have to start a subscription even with the free 30 days, just cancel the sub right afterwards...

op must be new to mmos or something

edit: disregard that op is obviously trolling
    Last edited by doesnotcare; 2011-12-22 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    God, even if this guy is a troll, there are still people who just dont get it.

I dont even play any PC games, but im so mad at WoW, for bringing up all those messed up kiddies.
    It HAS ALWAYS been this way. You get 30 days free IF!!!! you subscribe for 1 month, but you can cancel that right away anyways!! So it IS 30 days free - no charges, nothing hidden fsss.
    DaoC, CoH, WoW, SW:G, etc etc etc...

You messed up litte kids gotta beg your parents for bank details cause you aint got a credit card and never touched a single fucking MMorpg before WoW, you make me fucking sick, honestly.

Well, just because it's standard practice doesn't mean it's not a scam. They want you to put in CC details so that if you forget, you get charged for a month. ANYTHING, not just MMO's as my OnStar Sub on my Chevy does the same thing, that makes you give CC info in order to get your free time is just trying to get an extra month out of the guy that wanted to cancel but forgot. Again, just because it is standard practice and legal does not mean it isn't a scam and that they don't intentionally do it to get an extra month out of someone who wanted to quit.

EDIT: Just want to say, I understand this, and if someone doesn't remember to cancel it IS their own fault. I do however feel this is "shady business practice." I deal with it myself though because it is industry standard, and not just MMO but any monthly sub type thing.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2011-12-22 at 05:27 PM.

Cawabunga welcome to subscription MMO's, they all need your details before you can use your free month. I hope you enjoy your change from facebook games to real games

Deleted
    I read on a webpage that this was not hidden at all. Sadly i can not post links to it, since I need to post more but this information has been out

It is stated that you need a subscription in order to get the free month, as with all mmo's before this one.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Well, they're certainly going to get away with it just like any other company.
    However, inb4 "it was in the description.." - 90% of all people don't even read those things.

I do not agree with how you have to put a payment method in before you can even use the 30 days,
    but calling it a money scam is a bit over the top.
    that's the customer's problem, frankly.. if it's in the description, it's not exactly hidden, so if you don't read then really it's your own fault. It's like trying to run Crysis on some old windows 95 with 512mb of memory and then complaining to crytek that they didn't have "REQUIRES 21ST CENTURY COMPUTER" scrawled in big letters on the cover.

Deleted
    Well, just because it's standard practice doesn't mean it's not a scam.
    How in the world can it be considered a scam if there is NO deception involved. It tells you this right on the box so if you don't agree with the terms you can put the box right back on the shelf. Or should BioWare hire representatives to hang over each prospective customer's shoulder to tell them this in person?