Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The fact of the matter is just give it some time and im sure you will see many of the features you are asking for. I mean come on its been 4 days since launch...

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Rotations mean exactly shit when you're leveling. Worry about your best damage dealers when it's time. Or, perhaps, just enjoy the game and stop acting like it's a job. It doesn't matter what your best abilities are if the boss dies. And, considering everything has a CD, you will probably use every ability in your repertoire in every rotation of CDs.
    You realize that some people actually like playing their character the way they're supposed to be played? Not just pressing random buttons because they do high damage. Sometimes pressing the high damaging abilities just isn't the most effective way. Just because YOU feel that pressing a high damaging ability the entire time seems like the best idea it really isn't for people that actually care to understand and master the classes they play.
    Last edited by Divisible; 2011-12-25 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    It didn't exist when WOW was released. It is currently standard. WoW was ahead of its time for adding it, or at least right on time, whereas SWTOR is years behind for not having the same feature.
    Patch 3.1.0 on 4/14/2009 is when WOW Got Dual Talent Specs, Argent Tournament, Ulduar
    Last edited by Wicari; 2011-12-25 at 12:48 AM.

First of all, played wow since release, recently quit for swtor.

Let's make some fundamental facts here ok?

When we all first played wow, for those that played at release. There were more bugs than PTR, spells were a mess, there were little options for customizing UI, there were hacks 4 months in, botters and believe it or not, MOST players in vanilla did not play with many mods, I only used CTRA or damage meters, have a guess why?

This is because the game itself was enjoyable, not only that, it was NEW. There were no games to compare it to, so it seemed like the most well put together MMO ever to be, however because it set that standard EVERYONE expects a new MMO to be able to compare to the most recent WOW update.

Star wars has been live for 3 days, when wow was up for 3 days we had maintenance more than we could play! nobody complained. Yet because SWTOR is missing a few a things, it gets shut down? No, this game as far as FUNDAMENTAL comparisons go, SWTOR takes the medal

To all those that played when WOW was released, and play SWTOR or have played it, compare them
    WOW release
    SWTOR release
    Which one would you play?

To all those people saying SWTOR copied wow, please stop being so ignorant

Knights of the old republic had the green/blue/artifact system a year before WOW was even released.
    and the loot was also in KOTOR before WOW, please keep that in mind/

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    You cannot compare SWTOR to WoW 7 years ago, you have to compare it to the current WoW. SWTOR is competing with the current version of WoW, whether or not WoW was 'crap' or 'awesome' 7 seven years ago is completely irrelevant. I understand all your points, but people don't think like that, nor should they imo.

There are some things that people just take for granted in MMOs today, and if those aren't there, they'll start complaining, regardless if its fair or not.

To the guy saying rotation doesnt mean anything while leveling, i want to remind him that the right rotation will do the most damage, making the npc die faster, making ur leveling process also faster.

Plus, you will memorize one rotation while leveling/playing during this 'blind' period and get used to the bad habits of the wrong one when proper thorycrafting is made showing the 'right' rotation.

To me this entire situation could be very well be a shoot on there own feet, this is almost 2012 and ppl are paying for the game. they dont care about waiting and foundations, they want the BEST experience possible! and the QoL presented in WoW will ALWAYS come to the table when ppl feel like they are wasting time running for half an hour or w/e.

They have to deal with this problem ASAP
    I will be waiting a month or so before i decide to buy and go for it full addiction :P
    sry bad english and merry xmas to all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaeli View Post
    People do not remember that WoW have been online like 7 years now... and when they started in wotlk or tbc there was those all kinds adds and stuff to help playing and building better UI.

and now some fearsome fact... WoW didnt have addons in vanilla when first week was over... ok ok now some of ppl are like O.o o.O WTF are that dude speaking!!!!!111! wow didnt have a addons!. I DONT BELIVE IT!

TLDER just give it time... there will eventualy be a addons and custom UI...

AND yes MY englishh is very good since im from w

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 12:37 AM ----------

But those addons were create years later than wow started... wow didnt have addons when it hit online first time...
    uhhhh. . . yes it did, I had CosmosUI the first week the game went live. wtf are you talking about? . . . I actually had CosmosUI before it was called CosmosUI. . . . nubz man, they come up with the wildest shit....
    Last edited by Beazy; 2011-12-25 at 03:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathnut View Post
    First of all, played wow since release, recently quit for swtor.

Let's make some fundamental facts here ok?

When we all first played wow, for those that played at release. There were more bugs than PTR, spells were a mess, there were little options for customizing UI, there were hacks 4 months in, botters and believe it or not, MOST players in vanilla did not play with many mods, I only used CTRA or damage meters, have a guess why?

This is because the game itself was enjoyable, not only that, it was NEW. There were no games to compare it to, so it seemed like the most well put together MMO ever to be, however because it set that standard EVERYONE expects a new MMO to be able to compare to the most recent WOW update.

Star wars has been live for 3 days, when wow was up for 3 days we had maintenance more than we could play! nobody complained. Yet because SWTOR is missing a few a things, it gets shut down? No, this game as far as FUNDAMENTAL comparisons go, SWTOR takes the medal

To all those that played when WOW was released, and play SWTOR or have played it, compare them
    WOW release
    SWTOR release
    Which one would you play?

To all those people saying SWTOR copied wow, please stop being so ignorant

Knights of the old republic had the green/blue/artifact system a year before WOW was even released.
    and the loot was also in KOTOR before WOW, please keep that in mind/
    Except, We aren't playing WoW release. SW:TOR isn't competing against WoW seven years ago, it's competing against it now. The fact that Bioware launched what, at least to me, appears to be an unfinished game is unacceptable.

the AH interface is disgusting and an obstacle to using it
    there is no support for macros
    no addon support
    line of sight and cover mechanics are wonky at best and broken at worst
    Legacy exists but does nothing, just the "promise" that it will do something in the future

and that is just what I can think of off the top of my head
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Except, We aren't playing WoW release. SW:TOR isn't competing against WoW seven years ago, it's competing against it now. The fact that Bioware launched what, at least to me, appears to be an unfinished game is unacceptable.

the AH interface is disgusting and an obstacle to using it
    there is no support for macros
    no addon support
    line of sight and cover mechanics are wonky at best and broken at worst
    Legacy exists but does nothing, just the "promise" that it will do something in the future

and that is just what I can think of off the top of my head
    The simple fact of the matter is no MMO is ever "finished." The game is playable, and the investors want to see a return.

Also of note, many of the features WoW has that people are complaining about not being present in SWTOR were introduced to WoW in late 2009, 3 years into TORs development.

Macro support would have been nice, but they are working on a more restricted macro interface.

Same for addons.

Line of sight is just as wonky in WoW. It picks random objects sometimes it seems, just like TOR.

Legacy was something they had big plans for, but again, it's not a key feature, so it's set for later development so the investors see a return.

WoW's launch was much less smooth, and it launched with addon and macro support that allowed literally gamebreaking levels of automation. TOR doesn't want to repeat that mistake, so they are working on very restrictive but functional macro and addon support that WON'T allow for that kind of automation. It wasn't ready, the investors were, so away it shipped.

The one thing I will agree with you on is the AH system is a convoluted mess, and needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I'm not sure why people say generating an API or opening their API should be trivial. It's not. First they do not have an API. The game was coded by hand and not based on a previous engine. Second they have huge security issues to deal with. It's gonna take a while to implement that. It's not like they can throw money around and make these things happen.
    The game is using the Hero engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeroEngine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogdieb View Post
    The fact of the matter is just give it some time and im sure you will see many of the features you are asking for. I mean come on its been 4 days since launch...
    So I'll release a nokia 3310 level phone to compete with iPhone.

No color screen, no wifi or any internet access. BUT CMON IT HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 DAIS, 2 DAIS!!!!!!!!!!!1111

oh my god I'm a genius - crappy products with promises and this arguments - idiots will flock and make me a bilionaire. xD
    Last edited by mmoc328e69bc99; 2011-12-25 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    So I'll release a nokia 3310 level phone to compete with iPhone.

No color screen, no wifi or any internet access. BUT CMON IT HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 DAIS, 2 DAIS!!!!!!!!!!!1111

oh my god I'm a genius - crappy products with promises and this arguments - idiots will flock and make me a bilionaire. xD
    Apples and oranges.. Oh and you know that Iphone you got? Guess what? It's on build 4. *coughs*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoobs View Post
    Apples and oranges.. Oh and you know that Iphone you got? Guess what? It's on build 4. *coughs*
    It's not apples and Oranges though. You don't release a product to compete with the original version of a product, you release it to compete with the current version.

and technically that iPhone is on build 5.

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shitcook View Post
    Find a mob , click a spell , kill the mob see how much damage that attack did .
    Find an other , click an other spell > wrote down in a piece of paper how much damage , it did .
    Now learn to use the spells that did the most damage and every1 is happy

Nope sorry , we dont need a combat log , but a little brain .
    Try to find the bread and buter spells
    Sometimes when I use Force Lightning, 3 dmg numbers pop. Sometimes 4 numbers pop up. Graphical glitch or buggy spell? I don't know because there's no fricken combat log!!!

How much is my inquisitor bubble absorbing? Is it worth it to spend the points to increase the amount it absorbs?

"Who cares how much dmg you're doing, just have fun!" is not a valid answer.

It's pretty obvious that Bioware hid the combat log so you wouldn't be able to see how unbalanced the classes are. A combat log is just sending info the game is already processing to a chat window.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Sometimes when I use Force Lightning, 3 dmg numbers pop. Sometimes 4 numbers pop up. Graphical glitch or buggy spell? I don't know because there's no fricken combat log!!!

How much is my inquisitor bubble absorbing? Is it worth it to spend the points to increase the amount it absorbs?

"Who cares how much dmg you're doing, just have fun!" is not a valid answer.

It's pretty obvious that Bioware hid the combat log so you wouldn't be able to see how unbalanced the classes are. A combat log is just sending info the game is already processing to a chat window.
    To add on

When does Force projection do damage? when the rock hits the guy? when the spell is cast? I can't tell, I have no combat log.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    To add on

When does Force projection do damage? when the rock hits the guy? when the spell is cast? I can't tell, I have no combat log.
    W..Wh. . What do you talking about?? (Troll ?)
    Last edited by Mortel_Massif; 2011-12-25 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    There was no reason to have the API closed in the first place. To not have a combat log is crazy.

I'm enjoying it as an RPG, but to have any sort of MMO feel, I should at least be able to know how I'm performing, especially relative to others. For example, if I don't know which spells do the most damage, I am not making a meaningful choice when I hit one over another. I'm effectively flailing on my keys, and watching things die, and that won't sate people for long.
    You can see which spells do more damage via tooltips also dmg is displayed above the mob so u can watch and see which spell does more dmg but still, a recount would be nice because I don't like to carry ppl and it would be very helpful

High damage spell does no mean hight dps/total damage there a lot of parameter that come in count, how many time you can use it, Cd, Proc, enemy resistance etc etc, just tooltips information isn't enough

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortel_Massif View Post
    W..Wh. . What do you talking about?? (Troll ?)
    Force projection, the Consular's version of lightning something. The animation has you summon up a rock and then send it flying, compared to the SI's just straight lightning bolt. Does damage get applied (not when the number shows up) when you finish the cast and there is no travel time to match the SI spell? Does damage get applied after the ~1s travel time? You can't tell, there is no combat log

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I'll use RIFT as an example.

Though it was months after release before addons were allowed, they at least got some basic UI functions at launch.

A small crappy company like Trion without the resources of Activision and EA behind it was able to put out:

- a combat log
    - a decent AH interface without a bunch of hoops
    - mouseover macros
    - raid frames
    - multiple specs

What is Bioware's excuse?
    threy spent their time making a good game instead of a wow clone ,that is biowares excuse - if i want to play wow i will, i didnt need recount and dbm in vanilla, i dont need it now