Deleted

Black screen on character creation

When i get to the character creation screen on SWTOR, the screen just goes all blackk but it still has the ui around the edges allowing me to choose my class and read about everything, anyone else have this problem?

P.s. i have put this on the SWTOR forums as well but no answer on there

Deleted
    alright mate i have the same problem as you to when goin on character creation i cant see the person but i can choose which class etc.. im still clueless what to d to sort the problem out did you have any luck finding out the problem ?

10+ Year Old Account
    occasionally your screen will load in too quickly, and you'll see nothing but black. Then once the images start loading, everything goes back to normal.

If you see a black screen, wait a few minutes and see if things start loading up. If they don't, contact customer support.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Press Ctrl+U twice to reset your UI.
    Also make sure you are using the latest graphics card driver.

Deleted
    no luck in reset my base rating is 3.2 and to run the game it has to have base rating 5.2thnk i will have to buy graphic card driver ? thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    no luck in reset my base rating is 3.2 and to run the game it has to have base rating 5.2thnk i will have to buy graphic card driver ? thx
    The rating windows uses is just a rough guide for what it should look like. In reality the numbers themselves don't mean much. What you need to do is compare your system specs to the listed minimum requirements. If you're any lower than that you'll have significant issues running the game. If you're around the minimum you may still have some issues if you try to turn up settings.

If you're over the minimum requirements, you may want to try repairing your client using the launcher.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    occasionally your screen will load in too quickly, and you'll see nothing but black. Then once the images start loading, everything goes back to normal.

If you see a black screen, wait a few minutes and see if things start loading up. If they don't, contact customer support.
    This is what generally fixes it for me.... time

No but seriously it usually takes about a minute and everything is back to normal.

Deleted
    im no good with computers i wouldnt no how to turn up my settings or anything , the thing that annoys me is my computer isnt that old 4 yrears old windows vista but its just when i go on character creation i have everything there apart from being able to see what the character looks like when i create him ! how can i bump up settings if i was to buyy a better graphics card would this sort this problem out ? thx