Deleted

How do you prevent retaining water?

My father who is around 50 has this problem and I really want prevent this from happening to me. :P

I know you have to drink alot of water so that your body gets used to let of water and knows not to hold on to it....what else helps?

EDIT: my father doesn't have water retention, just bad circulation apparently. :P

Would be weird because he drinks 3 liters of water a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Osmosis.

I'm not joking about the answer either, just not being literal with it. You don't really need to literally drink water. Many foods, especially fruits, have water in them. Drinking water "because you're suppose to" is the wrong answer and media (and dumb doctors) really need to shut up about it.

It's about balancing your diet so you don't retain or lose too much water (and nutrients) in your body. If your diet requires you to do so, then do it.

If your father has a water retaining issue and you're worried about it being passed down you probably have to consult with your doctor, physician, dietitian, or hematologist.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2011-12-23 at 01:57 AM. Reason: grammar, spelling, etc
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Why are you concerned about fluid retention? Does your dad have a severe case because of heart, kidney or liver issues? Do you have a diet extremely high in sodium?

If you have serious concerns, see a physician.

Watch your salt intake. That's what I do and it works wonders.