View Poll Results: Re-do Karazhan; yes/no?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Yes

342 47.17%
  • No

320 44.14%
  • I didn't experienced it at level 70 so my opinion may be biased

63 8.69%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hilarious when people say "If they do X, I am quitting WoW!!!" haha.

Did Kara a bunch when TBC first came out. Had lots of fun. Would not mind it at all if they brought it back as a 5 man heroic. As long as they change up some of the boss fights, remove or change some trash and make it 2 or 3 wings it could be a lot of fun. I loved the remade ZA/ZG (although ZA wasn't really remade, but ZG felt mostly like a new dungeon). Only thing I miss is doing my ZG solo runs every reset. Never did get that damn Zulian Tiger

Not sure why people get all cranky about old dungeons or raids being redone for current content. Deadmines and SFK are awesome as heroic. They changed most of it to the point it still feels like a new dungeon, but still kept the "feel" of it that made them awesome in the first place. I don't see it as lazy, but as a way to throw in some old school goodness with all the new content. Some of these old instances(especially old raids) rarely get seen, so it's great to me if they can throw them redone into the mix with other new stuff.

Now if only they would remake AQ20 as a 5 man or raid. Have always loved AQ and the whole feel of the instance. (yes I have a brain.)

Instead of doing anything with the present instance, make it into a CoT instance, the Madness of Medivh and have people go through the final phases of Medivh.

Always found when the raid came out that Blizz did a poor job actually making the tower Medivh focused as it should have been.

Deleted
    OMG ANOTHER REHASH, FUCKING LAZY STUPID BLIZZ, can't they come up with some original content, retards? OMG UNSUB!!!!

/retard_mode off

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Why are so many people actually saying yes???

Do most of you even have a brain? Do we not see patterns with other re-made dungeons and raids?

Onxyia? SFK? DM? ZG? ZA?

Why put Karazhan into that list? Remember the patterns? People start complaining about dungeons that are re-has. They will be stupid easy and if we're re-hashing, then there's a possibility of it being removed or changed from tbc version. Like why disgrace the dungeon itself and actually say to Blizzard, "Hey, we dont want you to make new content, just re-hash this stuff and then we'll complain to you after release".

Also, remember the reason why karazhan was famous. It is because it is the dungeon that most casual tbc's actually experienced. Not to mention the freaking bandwagon that people want to be on....
    Why wont you let all us who would love them to reuse entire WoW old content for max level have this, whats the point having so much low level content hanging around not being used. I would love if they somehow made it so all instance and raid places in WoW automatical scaled to max level so it would always be there. I just hate that new expansions comes and all all content dissapears into the past.
    Its like having this old game I used to love but Im not able to play it any more becuse it got replaced with other new shit.

Im sure you have all these nostalgic memories and ideas and shit, but seriously? whats the point? these instances would be way interesting if they were used instead of sitting around as tombstones to symbolize the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Why are so many people actually saying yes???

Do most of you even have a brain? Do we not see patterns with other re-made dungeons and raids?

Onxyia? SFK? DM? ZG? ZA?
    Hey man, ZG is one of the best 5 mans they have ever put out :P

I suppose that's just my humble opinion, though.

I would be mad (that is if I still played WoW). Re-hash is utterly wrong in my opinion. No quests/dungeons/items should be deleted/remade or at least a substitution like a vanilla server should be provided.

I would despise this raid coming back out. It's always been a favorite of mine and I feel like rehashing it would be overkill. Granted, it was also my first raid so I am a bit biased. But I just really don't approve of the rehashed stuff. ZA used to also be one of my favorites and I became so sick of it after running it so many times for gear upgrades for alts.

Instead of redoing this instance, I would MUCH rather see reverse Karazhan. It would give some of the nostalgia back without taking away from the awesomeness (imo) of the original. But this would mean they have to make a brand new instance again, since it's more likely than not that they're never going to use the Karazhan Crypts.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    the redesigned ones (Deadmines, SFK, ZG) were absolutely amazing.
    Nope, not even close. Recyclysm recycled content was lame and just an easy way for Blizzard to focus more of their resources on other games.

New version of Kara? Horrible idea.

Shortcut to easy content? Of course, which is why we will see it.

What I can'twait for is when they start reusing reused content.... Molten Corelands Part 3 anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they make chess event something one member of your raid has to do and actually play chess against a decently powerful AI.

Don't fuck with nostagia... leave it where it currently is, a good memory.

Deleted
    Personally. Iwant them to leave the old content alone...

10+ Year Old Account
    i love Kara. definatly my favorite raid. but do i want them to re do it? hell no. i'd really rather have new content actually be New content. While i understand the urge to redo the old places so they aren't sitting around gathering dust 'cause no one wants to spend time in them any more.. i'd really rather move on.

Even though I trust Blizzard's capability in making instances and whatnot, I would never want to see them redo Karazhan. I loved Karazhan at level 70, and I seriously doubt Blizzard could at this point in time keep intact what was magnificent about that raid. I do not want to see anything less that what it is, and I'm seriously afraid redoing it would make it awful.

So, no thanks.

This is not because I would be bored of Karazhan or because I think re-doing old dungeons to the current level would be a bad thing per se. Just do not do that to Karazhan. Let me keep my good memories untarnished.
    Last edited by Rastas; 2011-12-23 at 07:30 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Kara was most lovely content.

I wouldn't mind if they re-released it, as a raid however.

enough with the recycling. 90% of the raids in this expansions were rehased stuff, and i'm not even counting the zuls.

fuck nostalgia, its so pointless.

Rather remake kara to max level than just having it as an unused skeleton of the past. even it they only manage to make it 10% as good, its better than nothing.

It is a no for me. I love Kara, one of my favs, but i just don't think Blizz could do it justice, not enough lore in the current story to re-create so many bosses and i'm not into these 'merely a set back' efforts, and the place is too damm big for 5 man. What has happened to Medivh though?? I wonder if a Kara 5 man Crypts would work with a small story about him.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

It's too big and too long to be a 5 man, the only way they'd revamp it is to have it be a 25 man LFR instance. Sadly it has NOTHING to do with the next expansion, so we won't be seeing it revamped anytime soon.

I must have ran the place 100+ at level 70 between 3 characters and I'd love to go there again. I ran the place at least twice a week during the whole expansion and I never got bored of the place, even after my characters were geared in ZA/T5/T6. Easily the best raid in the game IMO and I've done most during progression.

Right now the only thing that will ever bring me back is if Blizzard ever implements a way to go in there just like you were level 70 (reduced stats etc to that of the tier of the raid). Do this to all previous instances and raids and I will be a happy kid again.

Lol re-hashing old content again? No thanks. They will probably do it again in MoP. They don't care about longterm subscribers because it's too hard to cater to them.