View Poll Results: Re-do Karazhan; yes/no?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Yes

342 47.17%
  • No

320 44.14%
  • I didn't experienced it at level 70 so my opinion may be biased

63 8.69%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    poll is confusing, it says Re-do Kara yes or no, to which I would put yes, but the first sentance of your post is "would you be mad if they redid it" so I clicked no since I would quite enjoy Kara even though I did it when it was current.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO no no no and fucking NO !

My raid 'career' started with Kara mid TBC and it was such an awesome place. The atmosphere, the dialogue, the bosses, everything was just right and added up to what is one of WoW's greatest raids.

Redesigning or updating Kara would be such a huge mistake, just look at what happened with ZG and ZA. Yes they were old and hardly anyone ran them save for the mounts or nostalgia trips, but the players were happy with them and there was no need to update/revamp/rehash either.

I too am tired of revisiting places in WoW especially when it is just revamped with a new story instead of actually being 'NEW' content.

Heres betting we get a troll raid in MoP to make up for the missing one in wrath and the shit that is ZG/ZA, shame that it will be OS v2...

Deleted
    I didn't experience Kara at lvl 70 but I loved it for it's theme and style, however I'm against them redoing it not just cause of the "rehashed content" stigma cata created but also cause if they redo it I know they will remove over half the awesome looking stuff in it in the name of restating for a higher level.
    I'm still bitter from the removal of original Z'A, that raid was the best place for troll themed gear but only it's armour sets and about two of it's large collection of awesome looking weapons made it through it's revamping as a lvl 85 5-man, this bitterness is made even worse by the fact transmog was introduced in the same expansion...

I'm always down for rehash content... I don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, please god no!

They already completely ruined my memories of ZG and ZA. Just leave Karazhan alone

I would love it under one condition, if they made it a completely new raid for the crypts, as far as the original instance I think it should be left as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely have much love for recycled dungeons. Not because I particularly care as long as the dungeon/raid wasn't horrid in it's glory days. I gave a thumbs up to the re-hash of ZG/ZA, but that was because I didn't experience ZG when it was current, and ZA, I wasn't progressed well enough then to have a solid attempt at a Bear Run.

As for Kara, I have many fond memories of Karazhan, especially now when I go through and solo it... However, whenever I think of the fun I had in there, I get this little reminder in the back of my head that says "Remember finding pugs that would wipe REPEATEDLY on Moroes because they were incapable of adequate CC? Remember the torment that was scrubs wiping raids on Shade of Aran despite repeated raid warnings "DON'T FUCKING MOVE!!!"? That shit was fucked up."

So as much as I enjoy the memories of Kara (in main part), no, I think I would prefer for it to remain a fond memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many people actually saying yes???

Do most of you even have a brain? Do we not see patterns with other re-made dungeons and raids?

Onxyia? SFK? DM? ZG? ZA?

Why put Karazhan into that list? Remember the patterns? People start complaining about dungeons that are re-has. They will be stupid easy and if we're re-hashing, then there's a possibility of it being removed or changed from tbc version. Like why disgrace the dungeon itself and actually say to Blizzard, "Hey, we dont want you to make new content, just re-hash this stuff and then we'll complain to you after release".

Also, remember the reason why karazhan was famous. It is because it is the dungeon that most casual tbc's actually experienced. Not to mention the freaking bandwagon that people want to be on....

I wouldn't mind it as a 5 man in 2 parts (front door and back door), I always loved this place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I woudn't mind it to be honest because kara was a really enjoyable raid; The other thing to note is the best raid in not just my opinion but many peoples opinion, and for those who don't think it's the best raid they usually have it in their top 2-3 was Ulduar, this followed a raid with exatly the same work put into it as you describe, plus a few 1 boss instances. Because of this blizzard was able to work on Ulduar for far far longer than they are usually allowed to work on new raid (because they were working on it prior to 3.0 even at the same time they were developing nax etc)

So under the assumption getting to experience kara again as well as probably 1 or 2 1 boss instances to go along with it means we have a raid that could equal ulduar to look forward too, I'd say yes.

If it was just like okay here's kara, al-right now here's a ToC like raid...then no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the chess event is the final boss, and it's super hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Orrrrrrrr what if after kara falls to hell b/c a bunch of tards raided the place to stop w/e was going on in there, they turn it into a low lvl dungeon for MoP with new inhabitants and old ghosts n stuff.
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara was honestly one of the best done raids in the game, so it would be pretty cool to see it again.

I don't know why everybody hates "re-hashed" content so damn much. If it's fun, it's fun; that's what matters.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    know'ing blizz i'd prob become a 5m LOLOLOLOLDUNGEON ...

no thx, please let the best memories i have for wow stay memories.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    nah im glad we are going to a new continent to experience new stuff, I'm kinda disappointed they're redoing any dungeons, scarlet monastery is one of my all time least favorite places. on the other hand scholomance is awesome and i can't wait for that, but I'm glad its a new theme for the game, the whole asian art direction. gives you something fresh to look at.
    weeee!

Deleted
    I would be angry as hell if they did actually re-hash Kara. For one reason it is my favorite raid and always will be and yep I go back there every now and again with a smile on my face. The main reason why I would be angry is because like most things *cough* ZG/ZA re-hashed heroics we're boring as hell, tedious, not fun, oh did I say boring?
    Somethings should just be left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Why are so many people actually saying yes???

Do most of you even have a brain? Do we not see patterns with other re-made dungeons and raids?

Onxyia? SFK? DM? ZG? ZA?

Why put Karazhan into that list? Remember the patterns? People start complaining about dungeons that are re-has. They will be stupid easy and if we're re-hashing, then there's a possibility of it being removed or changed from tbc version. Like why disgrace the dungeon itself and actually say to Blizzard, "Hey, we dont want you to make new content, just re-hash this stuff and then we'll complain to you after release".

Also, remember the reason why karazhan was famous. It is because it is the dungeon that most casual tbc's actually experienced. Not to mention the freaking bandwagon that people want to be on....
    i agree, and im with you on this one.

.. But ..
    i actually LOVED, and i mean absolutely adored, going DM + SFK in 333 blue gear pre-nerfs.
    It was honestly a better experience then i've had allthrough wrath

Pre-raid gear was had an amazing expansion!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, lets revisit Kara but not in the way people are thinking. Instead of making it a raid, we build it up to a new in game movie. Say there is something we may or may not need from there, it is up there. Get a small army rallied to raid the infamous tower, big hooplah and all of that. When you enter the instance that is when the video starts, we see the General of either Horde or Alliance strolling in with a few body guards like they own the place. Only to be greeted by a puff of smoke and none other than Moroes to greet and welcome them to Karazhan. Oh but how rude of him not to have a proper greeting for these new... 'guests'. Cut to a hallway shot showing the thundering foot steps of many people. Cut to another hallway first person view running through the corridors, another cut these ones are crawling along the walls and ceilings. Cut back to the entrance hall Moroes standing there, the Generals look nervous the sounds of many things coming very quickly. Then from the hallways and steps come the ghosts of Karazhan, the demons, the monsters, the beasts, even Netherspite sticks his head in to stare at the highly out numbered group. The General then turns around and addresses the troops. Right, we came we looked around but alas we didn't find anything. Time to move on to plan B, we will just show ourselves out then. Cut back to Moroes close up on his face for him to say. Do come again soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Karazhan, easily one of my favorite raids. However, I'm not sure how much I would enjoy it again if they rehashed it. As much as I would love to run it again, I feel like it just wouldn't be the same.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Honestly, it would be WAY too long to be a 5 man dungeon.

The reason ZA worked as a 'rehash' was because it had like. 6 bosses. Karazhan has what, 15 bosses?
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH