Deleted

H- Yor'Sahj question (10m)

So I'm in a 10m guild and we 2heal this fight and one tank, except that our holy priest cant keep it up.
    We wipe all the time @ 50% because of him...
    I'm the hpally and I usually heal double the ammount he did. When he healed 4 mill, I healed 8mill. I asked him to switch with the resto druid and he should go shadow but then he says he cant dps.
    He tells me all the time how much priest suck and how its the worst healing in ds. While i see top guild priests topping meters etc.
    He said he wants to jump on his 378 hpally for this fight but i dont think it won't be q better result.
    What do you guys think?
    Do priest suck so hard for real?
    Is he just doing something wrong?

It may not be optimum, but on 10m this is one of the easier Hardmodes, so I'm 100% sure its coming down to player skill issue.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    I know his hps/healing done is rarely up to the resto/pally ones.
    I asked him to reroll to his loved resto shaman, but be said it doesn't make sense rerolling now...
    What else coukd I tell him?
    I'm already healing like a beast to keep the group alive.

Link some logs and I can point out what he's doing wrong or can improve on. I'm sure others on this forum that heal more often than I do can help as well.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

holy is good in low-healing comps once you're past the progression curve.

before then he'll be mana strained if he's geared for burst (which he will have to if you're 2 healing, yes?)

Trouble is though it sounds like he's performing significantly worse than he should be anyway. Need to see a log. He sounds rather defeatist about holy, maybe try disc or maybe try a new healer.

Deleted
    I did this as a holy priest with a holy paladin. It takes a little practice to get under control but after that it's fairly easy.

Also it's normal that you do more healing than he does. You have beacon during purple phase which doesn't trigger Deep Corruption, and he doesn't. That doesn't mean a priest is useless or anything. Just be sure he is the one healing the tank during purple with gheal, while you do so with beacon. When he is not ghealing the tank, have him use gheal on hurt people. During aoe phases just go aoe heal chakra and spam, and be sure to use his lightwell.

Deleted
    I'll get some logs soon from the fight, forgot it lately.
    We are 2 healing the fight and he tried disc, but said it was even worse...
    I asked him to switch to dps and let the boomkin go resto and heal (he is up to my healing(i'm the hpally), but he said he sucks at dps -.-
    He said, he can only use his big heals when purple is up, and thats why his healing done/hps sucks.

Disc is 10x's easier. Holy can be bad. It's significantly at a disadvantage. He needs to go disc if your 2 healing. Bubbles/barrier/PS will come in handy when purple/black/red come in to play.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 01:06 PM ----------

Your priest friend sucks ass and is in denial. If he said disc sucks.. he's a moron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    I did this as a holy priest with a holy paladin. It takes a little practice to get under control but after that it's fairly easy.

Also it's normal that you do more healing than he does. You have beacon during purple phase which doesn't trigger Deep Corruption, and he doesn't. That doesn't mean a priest is useless or anything. Just be sure he is the one healing the tank during purple with gheal, while you do so with beacon. When he is not ghealing the tank, have him use gheal on hurt people. During aoe phases just go aoe heal chakra and spam, and be sure to use his lightwell.
    of course he wont be up to the level of my hps/healing done, but 4 mill less healing while I did 8mill?!

Well i am A holy/disc priest our best try so far was 25% (we lack some dps). We are 2 healing it with a resto shaman. For me this fight is much easier in holy(got 4pc t13), the amount you can heal is greater then in disc and the GA lets you save a tank easier then PS. Also DH chained with SLT then Rallying Cry+ tranq is just 2 good for the great aoe phase..

As a holy you have to remember to keep lightwell up. If you have purple about 7 secs b4 it reaches boss start getting renew on all raid members and spam pom on tank on cd(gives no stacks). As you should know the stacks reset after 25 secs so be sure to use 4 stacks on ppl not less, If you have a dps paladin in grp make sure he uses his sacrifice on tank.

Well he's wrong... Priests most certainly do NOT suck this tier. If any class got the shaft this tier its Druids. Their healing style just doesnt work very well in this damage environment. Especially HC Yorsahj... you need to be sure your heals are MEANINGFUL when the purple goes out. Druids can dangerously get too many stacks, and/or not heal it fast enough (especially tank swapping, they cant restack LB safely). I digress....

Palles are OP on this fight as Beacon doesnt applystacks and you can just WOG for no stacks too. (not to mention beacon a tank, and bomb heal a pet)

It sounds like he just needs to learn the fight more... know how to pre-heal, and use his POM on CD. Logs can help, sowe can help you evaluate what he could be doing more.