Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Digital Download?

Just purchased the digital download wondering how long it takes to completely just a rough estimate would be nice.

I guess you mean to download? It took me about 20 to 30 minutes over a 100mbit connection, this was a while ago though - no idea how it is today as I haven't had a need to reinstall.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on your internet connection and your PC.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya i did the rough math with my current download speed and remaining download i got around 9.25 hours left can't wait...

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 09:49 PM ----------

does anyone know if I go pick up the disc from a friends house, i'm assuming it will let me install off of those and be much faster than the digital download, and it should still work because i have already purchased the game correct?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the game goes by the product registration code that you purchased and attached to your account. Whether you install via disk or download is entirely up to you. It would definitely be faster to go by disk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it on a 10Mbit connection, took probably around 5 hours :P Literally 5 minutes ago I upgraded to 70Mbit. Yay.
    Hi

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay i got the discs should i just stop my online download, and just put the discs in and install that way? I know that's how it works with wow, but just wanted to make sure it would work with this game and i wouldn't waste the time i've already spent downloading it lol. Thanks for the help in advance!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if you stop the download it will delete the temporary files its downloaded. After that put the disks in and start the installation. Should take a fraction of the time however there will be some patching after you install via the disks.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help, drastically faster