New Gaming Set-Up

Hey all.

First things first I want to get across that I have pretty much zero computer knowledge. I have pieced this set up just by random research but am not 100% sure it is all compatible together so I thought it might be a good idea to get input from you guys. This is the machine I am currently looking to get ordered in a week or so as my current one isn't even upgradable.

Please let me know if there is anything that isn't compatible with another piece/any suggestions of different pieces due to instability etc.

Case : Cooler Master HAF X 942
    PSU: Corsair AX-750 750W
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
    MOBO: ASUS P8Z67-V Pro Gen3
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB PC-12800/1600 F3-12800CL7D
    GPU: Sapphire Flex Radeon 6970 2gb
    HDD on Raid 0: Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 1TB x 2 (was going to get SSD but too expensive for my budget)

I am also thinking of getting a CPU cooler, but I am unsure I will need to because I don't overclock? My partner doesn't know much about PC's so it was left up to me to piece this together because I am the more curious little kitty. Hehe. Despite not overclocking, I live in Australia where it gets REALLY hot in here, we sometimes have average temperatures in this room of 100F + because the air con just can't get to every corner of our house. Please let me know if there is a reason for me to add one and what kind to add?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're just using it for gaming and don't intend for overclocking, then go for the i5-2500, don't pick the "k" version if you're not going to overclock.

There's absolutely no reason to go for i7-2600k if you're only using it for gaming and not heavy tasks.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Ok, cool, will change that then. Any other pointers? Will this all be compatible with each other and run things like WoW and SWTOR effectively?

If you're not planning on overclocking or using the machine for rendering / encoding / etc:

1. Drop the CPU down to an i5 2500.
    2. Ditch the aftermarket cooler, you don't need it with stock speeds.
    3. Drop the P67 board (since the only reason to get it is to overclock) and get a mATX or standard ATX H61 or H67 motherboard.
    4. Drop the RAM you have selected for DDR3 1333Mhz. No reason to go higher if you're not overclocking.

All of the above should net you around $250+ in savings to spend on other parts.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Thanks, that answers my questions completely! I already have the monitor/per's so I just needed to know about the parts themselves. Will figure what to drop or keep as it is. I think I may change the case to Cooler Master Stormtrooper aswell as I prefer the layout/ability to move it around. Does anyone know if the items listed will fit in it? I researched a few, but so many different numbers is confusing me.

Also, running at 1920 x 1080, what kind of settings am I looking at? Will I be able to do ultra in WoW/SWTOR?
    Last edited by Corpseflower; 2011-12-24 at 12:18 PM.