Page 1 of 2
LastLast

realy low expertise as unholy and ataxis normal vs gultharak lfr

well last night for the first night i tried askmrrobot and it optimized me with 4 expertise which in my opinion feels way toooo low,and from what ive seen on dummy after it i dodge and parry alot more than im comfortable with.
    Also it says that i shud use altraxis normal over gultharak lfr and every where i see people prefering gulhrak but the weapon is extremely rng for my taste, is it still beter then altraxis normal?
    i dnt know why i cant post link for armory but im jibraan from silvermoon eu thanks any help wud b apreciated

Expertise is a low ranking stat, especially for unholy for a multitude of reasons, mainly because when they dodge/parry you get the runes back instantly anyways, losing nearly no dps.

As far as Sword vs Mace, if you don't like the RNG proc then go with the maul, however even with LFR version you will see a dps increase when using it

so 4 expertise is fine? and the dps increase is not surprising the decrease is heartbreaking like for instance last weak on ulraxion it did around 17 percent of my dps and this week it did 1 percent,and ur officers and gmz go wtf, on hm progression dnt u think its wrong to justify ur low dps on weapon procs cause the procs relay make the differnce on the weapon

Skada and Recount tend to assign the tentacles on Ultraxion to the wrong people if you shift back from the normal phase. That's why there is such a huge difference in proc rate.

Deleted
    Yes, 4 expertise is fine/normal/good.

Yes, go LFR Hentai Sword over normal Ataraxis.

i have 6 expertise, and im around 35-40k dps, so dont worry about your expertise!

In addition, i reccomend some minor glyphs. Not that they make a huge impact, but the Blood Tap on at least can save you form taking a bit of unessecary damage, HoW is nice for a longer duration. DC for healing your pet. DG is good for the random occasions you have to grip something and it's immune. Path of Frost if nothing else for bosses that throw/toss you I guess.

thanks for the quick replies guys realy apreciate it, i just regorged everything with gunthrak the goddamn sword didnt even procced 1 tenticle in 5 minutes and i did 24k went at it again did 24.4 and it poped once with the axe i can maintain constant 27+K dps

expertise only really matters if you're regening runes faster than you can spend them due to dodges

This will only really happen during UF and BL and you got runic corruption up and even then it's most likely a loss of 4-5 scourge strikes in the bloodlust period which isn't all that much

Quote Originally Posted by jbran View Post
    thanks for the quick replies guys realy apreciate it, i just regorged everything with gunthrak the goddamn sword didnt even procced 1 tenticle in 5 minutes and i did 24k went at it again did 24.4 and it poped once with the axe i can maintain constant 27+K dps
    It doesnt show the tentacle procs in recount unless you un-merge pets with owners.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It doesnt show the tentacle procs in recount unless you un-merge pets with owners.
    i know mate in details u can see what ur pets did and tenticle of the old god didnt poped once in first test 2nd time poped once im still doing testing with all the gear i hve and still cant cross the axe dps on dummy, max the tenticle procced was 3 times in one 5 minute dummy test and even then it was lower then the 27kish of the axe

dummy doesnt matter, you miss 10% haste

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    I would not use this person's armory as a guide. The fact they are jemming for socket on a 10 str bonus is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    I would not use this person's armory as a guide. The fact they are jemming for socket on a 10 str bonus is just bad.
    He linked it cause it's the OP's character, and he can't post links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gurth is roughly a 5% increase over ataraxis ( at least normal gurth is around a 5% increase over Heroic Ataraxis anyway) given it's proc scales with mastery and you shouldn't worry about expertise as it is our lowest stat atm

My Deviantart sig by Axa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran View Post
    well last night for the first night i tried askmrrobot and it optimized me with 4 expertise which in my opinion feels way toooo low,and from what ive seen on dummy after it i dodge and parry alot more than im comfortable with.
    Also it says that i shud use altraxis normal over gultharak lfr and every where i see people prefering gulhrak but the weapon is extremely rng for my taste, is it still beter then altraxis normal?
    i dnt know why i cant post link for armory but im jibraan from silvermoon eu thanks any help wud b apreciated
    you need to really get rid of your trinket(http://www.wowhead.com/item=72899)... It's rated under http://www.wowhead.com/item=56393 for you...

if you can grab a license to slay or apparatus heroic/vessel normal. gurth'alak voice of the deeps > any other weapon in game.

Deleted
    Well the expertise is fine, its really useless for us unholy dks. Reguardless to the weapons I personally would go with the Gurth'alak sword due to enjoying seeing that little tentcle help me, BUT the tentcle only procs from "Special attacks" Which Unholy DK's really dont have much of (SS + FS are the only attacks that procc the sword afaik). In reality its all down to you, you could test them out for yourself and see what you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Satheling View Post
    Expertise is a low ranking stat, especially for unholy for a multitude of reasons, mainly because when they dodge/parry you get the runes back instantly anyways, losing nearly no dps.

As far as Sword vs Mace, if you don't like the RNG proc then go with the maul, however even with LFR version you will see a dps increase when using it
    I haven't played Unholy for a long time, but the main reason, if I remember correctly, is because your ghoul gets no benefit from Expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    You shouldn't be calling other people bad when you yourself don't have the correct information. 2 of any of the secondary stats are worth more than 1 strength. For unholy 30 strength/20 haste is better than 40 strength.