Few Prospecting Question

Hey everyone, I just started attempting to make gold with a alch/jc/enchanting combo (like most just transmuting reds and crafting/disenchanting the rest) and I've got a few questions that I haven't been able to find out through reading the forums so far

First question is what should I do with my non-red gems? The gems such as ocean sapphires and whatnot go for around 9g each on my server (reds are about 180) I just powerleveled jewelcrafting so I have absolutely no cuts, should I just sell them off as is or wait until I can get some popular cuts.

Last question is - I've never done this before so I'm not really sure when I should stop buying ore at current prices (elementium is about 75-82g on my server currently, making decent profit currently - rubies pre patch were 80g and I'm not really sure how fast the market crashes because I have pretty much no experience at this I don't know how much I should stock up and whatnot) Basically to make my question more clear - people that have experience with this, after a patch does the market crash pretty quickly or just slowly decline going from 180 per ruby to 170 next week etc

Sorry if these questions are stupid, thanks to anyone who can help!

Deleted
    If you have no cuts, you can still make vicious rings/necks with blue and yellow gems, they should sell for more than selling the gems on their own. Otherwise not a lot you can do other than cut/sell.

with prospecting, you have a 4% chance of getting each variation of rare gem, 18% chance of getting an uncommon gem.

Take the value of each uncommon and common gem as you see it, whatever your doing with them, crafting, cutting, vendoring, DEing, whatever option is highest, that value. multiply it by its respecting % of either .04 or .18. Add up all the results, that is the value of 5 elementium ore. multiply by 4 to get the simple value of a stack and the price at which you must purchase at or below to make a profit.

As the values of uncommon and common gems change for market movement, rerun the calculation and get your new elementium threshhold.

you should have already done this before you started buying stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    with prospecting, you have a 4% chance of getting each variation of rare gem, 18% chance of getting an uncommon gem.

Take the value of each uncommon and common gem as you see it, whatever your doing with them, crafting, cutting, vendoring, DEing, whatever option is highest, that value. multiply it by its respecting % of either .04 or .18. Add up all the results, that is the value of 5 elementium ore. multiply by 4 to get the simple value of a stack and the price at which you must purchase at or below to make a profit.

As the values of uncommon and common gems change for market movement, rerun the calculation and get your new elementium threshhold.

you should have already done this before you started buying stuff
    And if you don't want to do math, you can get the addon "OreCrusher" which basically runs those calculations for you