Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Meh. Not really hate I guess, dislike, perhaps.. We people from "Skåne", mock people from "Stockholm", almost each person from Stockholm have said something like "You're from Skåne? You should go back to Denmark, dont belong to Sweden" etc. Guess I'm just unlucky to run into all those kind of people.. Atleast this area, we make fun of people from Stockholm alot.. Damn them!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    Norways capitol is just disconnected from the rest of the country. It's near 40% immigrants, and have so many hores in the streets that it's not even funny. Not to mention drug addicts in the shopping streets, gangs out to rob you blind, beggars, gypsies. Every day you hear about rapists roaming the streets.. You can imagine why it's a pretty foul city. It not a hate relationship though, more like shame. I would love for one of our other cities to get the capitol status. It's actually one of few cities i have been to, that i don't dare walk alone in, especially at night time.
    You said everything I was thinking. Our capital is a shameful place, its sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    I don't really think you should consider it hate. It's more like some kind of rivalry(atleast in Denmark) Im from jutland myself and we tend to make jokes about people from copenhagen, not because we dislike them but because it's closer to sweden. In Denmark atleast it is mostly because of that, it's swedes, http://satwcomic.com/mean-namesThe link tells a little of the history of Denmark and Sweden.

Wouldent like the people in Denmarks Capitals either. Overall Venstre won the election in all of denmark, but cause so many people live in the Capital, who votes Socialdemokraterne, Venstre lost.

But if I hate the city ? No not at all, but wouldent like many of the people inn it for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturehaze View Post
    I don't really think you should consider it hate. It's more like some kind of rivalry(atleast in Denmark) Im from jutland myself and we tend to make jokes about people from copenhagen, not because we dislike them but because it's closer to sweden. In Denmark atleast it is mostly because of that, it's swedes, http://satwcomic.com/mean-names The link tells a little of the history of Denmark and Sweden.
    That link is full of awesome.
    I liked this one in particular: http://satwcomic.com/too-little-butter

Deleted
    People from Stockholm are often rude as hell, that's where the hate comes from. I grew up in Norrland and moved to Stockholm 1.5 years ago and I miss Norrland a lot because people up north are much more nicer! Damn, even people south from Stockholm are nicer. I guess it's because Stockholm is a "big" city, and everyone want's to be diffrent in some way, so I guess people from Stockholm are being douchebags just so they can feel a bit special. But the hate is mostly just a joke I guess. People hate on Skåne aswell cuz they talk funny. Not their fault they were Denmarks bitch for some time

Deleted
    As kittylicious wrote, we don't hate you. It's more of a joke realy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Finland isn't a part of Scandinavia. It's a part of the Nordic countries, yes, but not a part of Scandinavia.

However, we who do not live in and around Helsinki do kind of dislike the people who do live there, mainly because they act as if though they live in a "big city" and look down upon the rest of us, even though that "big city" of theirs is laughably small.

Our dislike of our Helsinki residents is reactive, it's invoked by them being dicks themselves.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Allow me to use you as an example of the ignorance the world we live in are intoxicated in. I am sure it is easy for you sitting in the capital defending it, would be nice if you would be slightly closer to reality though. Cause, as you see. It was a problem, take a look at the language you use in public.

We do not think it is some modern age fetish, we know it is globalization.

The results are in over our heads. Unemployed rate of 3.3% and lowest crime rates since mid 90s. Dude, you ain't fooling anyone.
    The crime and uemployement rates I had bookmarked from SSB (http://www.ssb.no/lovbrudda/, http://www.ssb.no/kumnd/, but you seem to have your own more trustworthy statistics (30% immigrants). Though if we are heading for the "inevitable war", then why would your ideas inspired from social-darwinism and nationalism matter at all? I found it amusing that you seem to feel unique and enlightened, while still living a "slave-life". Would you really have the chance to raise your concerns in a society where the general population and goverment's "slave-moral" (or primitive mind as you put it) forces you into living a slave's life?

You are right though, I do not remember a time where one didn't have to lock the outer door. But wheter you like it or not, societies do change, and so do crime. Your examples are just off the hook. You actually blame "my kind" for ABB? It baffles me that you mix your own negativity with the ideas early created by the likes of Malthus etc. I do not feel that I live that far from reality, although you have probably decided that I do already, and that hampers a discussion.

ible, inbetween all this garbage of forum posts I like reading your posts.
    I'm Norwegian myself, and this July we were all forced to spend some thoughts on this subject even if we liked it or not.

I guess I just like seeing someone not afraid to speak their mind discuss openly around the subject.
    Myself, I see the problems, allthough I don't know of solutions. But discussion is interesting, and it fits quite nicely in this thread.

Deleted
    Because most people outside of Helsinki are uncivilized barbarians.

Allow me to use you as an example of the ignorance the world we live in are intoxicated in. I am sure it is easy for you sitting in the capital defending it, would be nice if you would be slightly closer to reality though. Cause, as you see. It was a problem, take a look at the language you use in public.
    So the cursing has been imported? From where exactly? If it's from everywhere, you are implying Norway didnt curse pre-immigration.

The results are in over our heads. Unemployed rate of 3.3% and lowest crime rates since mid 90s. Dude, you ain't fooling anyone. 3.3% is our national budget's coverage of education. I guess you were born in the 90s and have never seen what the country was not many years ago. Allow another example: Half town with a population of 100k never locked outer door or cardoor. It was not necessary, there was no crime. And if there was, it would be one of the 5 well known local unicorns.
    So how is that Oslo's fault again? Or did you mean globalization is to blame? Globalization =/= immigration. Also, immigration is not the problem. Lack of integration is. There is a lack of will on both immigrants and natives in terms of mixing up the cultures and in general, socializing with other parts of society. If crime was lower everywhere in the world before immigration, the world would be getting sadder and sadder by the day. Yet it's not.

Why do you think 22nd happen? Because your kind let these immigrants into the country. It's ok, justice will get your treachery soon enough. I was just hoping conscience would get this bloody planet long before.
    22nd of july happened because a crazy nutjob blew up a bomb in Oslo and then murdered 69 youths. That has fuck all to do before immigration policies. These crazies will exist in society regardless of immigration. And treachery? Yes, because if we didn't import qualified working power, we wouldn't have any kind of industry today. We need qualified working people, and guess what, immigrants are a mixed bunch too like native norwegians. You have to take the good with the bad.

Someone who's frustrated over losing his job, seeing industry and good infrastructure fade from time as government build nothing for the future. This is the person you call (as you are taught) mentally pathetic.
    What do you think this person think about you?
    Good infrastructure that faded away? We never ever had that. It was okay for a country with such a harsh landscape, but nothing more. If you think about public transport, roads, internet connectivity etc that has all improved in the last 10 years. No, it still isn't good. But it's not bad and it certainly has not faded, rather the opposite.

And how did Oslo/immigration result in someone losing their job?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyttipanna View Post
    if you go to Norrland and tell people that you are from Stockholm you will get beaten up asap...
    Lolwut? Maybe your just really obnoxious. I'm from stockholm and I've been to norrland (and many other places around sweden) a bunch of times. Sometimes they have some pre-formed prejudices against you, mostly they believe you think you're better than the "farmers", i.e., not stockholmers. Never ever have I heard of anyone getting beaten up because of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saksy2 View Post
    The crime and uemployement rates I had bookmarked from SSB (http://www.ssb.no/lovbrudda/, http://www.ssb.no/kumnd/, but you seem to have your own more trustworthy statistics (30% immigrants). Though if we are heading for the "inevitable war", then why would your ideas inspired from social-darwinism and nationalism matter at all? I found it amusing that you seem to feel unique and enlightened, while still living a "slave-life". Would you really have the chance to raise your concerns in a society where the general population and goverment's "slave-moral" (or primitive mind as you put it) forces you into living a slave's life?

You are right though, I do not remember a time where one didn't have to lock the outer door. But wheter you like it or not, societies do change, and so do crime. Your examples are just off the hook. You actually blame "my kind" for ABB? It baffles me that you mix your own negativity with the ideas early created by the likes of Malthus etc. I do not feel that I live that far from reality, although you have probably decided that I do already, and that hampers a discussion.
    His ideas are nowhere near Social Darwinism. Social Darwinism stated that whites are better than blacks (Africans). What about China? Were they not ethnocentric too? They were, after all, the Middle Kingdom! Foreign trade and foreigners were useless to them - except to kow tow. And what did foreigners do? They got half of China's population high on opium.

Social Darwinism? Middle Kingdom? Nowhere does he claim that. Rather, he's saying that many immigrants pollute and corrupt society and make it worse. There are immigrants of certain backgrounds that actually contribute to society and to the arts. To me, it is a necessary must to accept refugees from war, religious persecution, racial persecution, etc, whether it's a temporary facility to house them, train them, and then deport them to a country of similar origin where there is an agreement between, or to keep them indefinitely. But other immigrants, where it is necessary to tolerate the intolerant, to tolerate those who hate your country, or, at the very least, don't care for it, and otherwise you are a racist, Social Darwinist, bigoted, supremacist, is insane.

In fact, these so-called politically correct ultra-liberal accepting-everyone yeah-to-immigration people, are actually some of the most bigoted racist people I know. They accept one type of immigrants, the type that doesn't do anything or help society, while scorning those who help out in society, perhaps it's a sense that they're not as good as them, or because they've persecuted them for decades, centuries, even thousands of years, where the persecution/racism is nothing new but rather continuing down from a long line of violent racism. Terror attacks in Norway? Make up wild conspiracies blaming it on country X or race X. You dare deny it? Then you have not read Norwegian columnists, or Norwegian government officials!
    Last edited by Iron Dome; 2011-12-25 at 02:24 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is one thing I want to say: Ible, stop pulling lies out of your ass, go see a doctor.

I don't mean this to be rude, but seriously man, WTF?

OT: I hate all cities except mine equally.

Tasmanians are all Inbred, Adelaide is full of weirdos, Darwin is a hole, New Zealanders root sheep.

"Hating" other places is pretty common. Actually bashing people is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Im from Norrland and thats bulls.

No, it's not like that in Norway.

Whatever answer expected to your complete lack of understanding, the answer was given already.

Wonder why you think I should see a doctor. I am never sick, the few times I have visited doctor they have proven completely useless for other than exactly what I am telling them. Like another puppet.

That doctors is writing out drugs as if it was recipes we all know.

You asked WTF... There is some of it...
    Because you're seeing stuff that isnt there...

And you are really pulling those numbers out of your ass.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.