Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A question about the Sith Marauder clothing options.

Hi. So, I've been trying (and failing) to find a medium-armor hooded robe model for my Sith Marauder to wear. I'm talking about the clothing model seen in the Sith Warrior Progression video, at 0:50 in. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZ_ziPgeF4

I have combed the torhead database and the Darth Hater database, and for the life of me have not been able to find it. There are a ton of variations on this clothing model for the Jedi Knight/Sentinel, and surprisingly even a heavy armor version for the Juggernaut, but I can't find a single one, of any color, for the Marauder. Has anyone had better luck than me? This is really the look I want for my character, but I absolutely can't find it. Maybe there are some in the databases that, because the game is still new, don't have details of acquisition attached to them yet.

So yeah. I'm asking you guys for help. Any color would be fine, as long as I can reasonably acquire it as a Sith Marauder. Black would be ideal, I guess, but I'm really not picky. I just like the look.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've finally found one! There's a level 50 epic hooded robe called the Xenotech Weaponmaster's Vest, that drops from normal Karagga's Palace. It's red with black highlights.
    Last edited by Athael; 2012-01-23 at 11:06 PM.

Good question. I'm looking for it, too. I wish I had an answer. But I fear gear like this is to be found right next to the purple color crystals.

It's annoying to have things promoted in videos and promos and not available in game, especially when it looks cool.

I mean, especially when opponents have black hooded medium armor and purple lightsabers, you'd think you might be able to get one off of a kill. Guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    i had heard that a purple sabre drops from one of the nar shadaa bonus quests, did them all.. not one sabre of any colour in there at all =( very unhappy sith.. but hey my rage at this merely makes me stronger =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same boat as you, I've been trying to ask around for where to get that hood, but nothing. 45 levels so far and not one hooded item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I've yet to figure out: does this game have armor re-skinning? I keep seeing an unusually large amount of people looking for gear with certain looks, which tells me that they are using this gear for something other than lols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Something I've yet to figure out: does this game have armor re-skinning? I keep seeing an unusually large amount of people looking for gear with certain looks, which tells me that they are using this gear for something other than lols.
    U can replace the mods in certain gear to up its stat making it posible to keep a look you like forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    U can replace the mods in certain gear to up its stat making it posible to keep a look you like forever
    Oh wow, I had not thought of that.

Frick, I had a really sick robe that I vendored. Crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Oh wow, I had not thought of that.

Frick, I had a really sick robe that I vendored. Crap...
    Keep in mind, only some items are "moddable"

You can identify them by the mod slots on the item decription window, or, they will be of orange quality (orange =/= legendary in SWTOR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FozzieBlair View Post
    Keep in mind, only some items are "moddable"

You can identify them by the mod slots on the item decription window, or, they will be of orange quality (orange =/= legendary in SWTOR)
    Yeah, I had some awesome orange robes from an Inquisitor quest that I should have held on to.

Maybe I can find something similar in an old flashpoint...

Quote Originally Posted by Reisl View Post
    It's annoying to have things promoted in videos and promos and not available in game, especially when it looks cool.
    The sad thing is that the hooded robe for Juggernauts is available from the PvP vendor at level 40. Super easy to get ahold of.

No such luck for us poor Marauders. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    The sad thing is that the hooded robe for Juggernauts is available from the PvP vendor at level 40. Super easy to get ahold of.
    No such luck for us poor Marauders. : (
    I remember reading somewhere that marauders used to be heavy armor and were changed to medium quite late in the beta, hence not a lot of stuff for marauders around

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that marauders used to be heavy armor and were changed to medium quite late in the beta, hence not a lot of stuff for marauders around
    I thought they still were heavy armour wearers. Oh well. My guy is level 9 so far, so yeah, I have a lot to learn.

Be patient, folks. The game has only officially been out for less than a week. Be thankful that you have found the time to play as much as you have. For some of us, we are itching to see more of the game and to advance our character; but life doesn't always grant one what one wants.

That said, yes, I definitely hope that there will be a way to at least mimic something you've held onto onto an upgraded piece.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    play a sith marauder myself and was looking for a cool chest piece.. was none on AH with strength so i thought to look for ones with other stats for other classes.. and there was some with medium armor but not with strength. so just bought one that had cunning and endurance and so on and replaced the mods out of it with the ones out of mine

im now a warrior wearing a long cool sharpshooter jacket as its called :P

give it a try might find the hooded one your after

edit..

Orange quality loot of course :P
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2011-12-26 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    play a sith marauder myself and was looking for a cool chest piece.. was none on AH with strength so i thought to look for ones with other stats for other classes.. and there was some with medium armor but not with strength. so just bought one that had cunning and endurance and so on and replaced the mods out of it with the ones out of mine

im now a warrior wearing a long cool sharpshooter jacket as its called :P

give it a try might find the hooded one your after

edit..

Orange quality loot of course :P
    Yeah I've actually looked and have found some cool trenchcoats and stuff. But alas, not the thing I'm looking for!

I know it may be a bit of a long way for you (not sure of your level) but I believe the Marauder level 40 PVP gear is pretty cool with a hood.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/a...rior-sets.jpg/ Entropic Assault. I know the preview window is low-res (Probably my biggest complaint) but it gives you a general idea how it looks. I believe the face-mask is the helm, the hood part of the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post
    I know it may be a bit of a long way for you (not sure of your level) but I believe the Marauder level 40 PVP gear is pretty cool with a hood.

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/a...rior-sets.jpg/ Entropic Assault. I know the preview window is low-res (Probably my biggest complaint) but it gives you a general idea how it looks. I believe the face-mask is the helm, the hood part of the chest.
    Entropic Assault is the Juggernaut armor, not Marauder (it's Heavy - Marauders use Medium). Furious Assault is the Marauder L40 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Entropic Assault is the Juggernaut armor, not Marauder (it's Heavy - Marauders use Medium). Furious Assault is the Marauder L40 set.
    Yep, this. Entropic assault is, inexplicably, for Juggernauts and not Marauders.

Deleted
    what you saw in video is a lie. i was so desperate that i even soloed black talon for light chest and swapped mods. i know its not the same and i have -armor but its worth it. marauder gear looks like shit compared to juggernaut. the only reason why i chose marauder over assassin was because of how gear looks and dual wielding. really disappointing.

I feel your pain as my main character right now is a Marauder. I've settled for a chest piece with a cape from Tatooine commendations I think it was.

http://i.imgur.com/qX2Wi.jpg
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-12-26 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I feel your pain as my main character right now is a Marauder. I've settled for a chest piece with a cape from Tatooine commendations I think it was.

http://i.imgur.com/qX2Wi.jpg
    It makes me so sad that this looks more like Heavy Armor than some of the things the Juggernaut wears. I feel so ripped off.