Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MMO Players are hate fueled and never satisfied

WoW: The community whines about EVERY SINGLE ASPECT (take it with a pinch of salt). Everything is wrong in the game for the community, LFR is shit, heroic bosses are bland and boring, everyone can crush content by letting a 3 year old bash at the keyboard. PvP is inbalanced and everything is never good for them.
    The community is pissed off 90% of the time, and whatever features Blizzard adds, or paths they chose, its always shit to someone, one way or another. (Yes I know its hard to satisfy everyone, all the fucking time) but give these guys a break, they are making a good game, I agree its gone soft since Vanilla/TBC, but the game is still really great.
    Aion: This game had its hype period during launch, but quickly dabled off because of the grind style, the game had turned too. Everyone raged about this aswell. Aion wasnt my style of game, but hey, atleast I saw no reason to bash it, hate it, create lots of topics about it? A game company spends alot of time with their games, to try to develop something good, not everyone succeeds though.

Swtor: QQ THIS GAME IS SAD AND IT BRINGS NOTHING NEW ((((( Really, how can you change an MMO so much? You need to quest, you need abilities, and thats just the way an MMO works, in my opinion. It was also a LOLWOWCOPY game, but imo, it brought alot of new content, and I liked it. They hate on a game, who was just released, with not alot of endgame content after what I've heard. SWTOR even created huge battleships that you can fly the galaxy with, and battle the republic/empire with.

Rift: This is the game that many ment would strike a hard blow to Blizzard, yet it did, but people hated on this aswell, the questing sucked ass, the endgame was shit, pvp was crap, and talents were confusing. Yet so much hate

All in all; I just want people to think for atleast 10 seconds before they rage like kids about a game that doesn't satisfy them a 100% every game has flaws, every single ones, and I think it is so extremely unfair to hate on a company that works hard to try to deliver a game for you

Please take my text with a pinch of salt, not everyone is like this, but alot are, after my experience.

I made this thread to thank every MMO making company out there. Your games may not be perfect, because none is, but you are doing a good job.
    Merry christmas everyone
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

indeed, i have to agree with this, anyone that rages at you without a sensible argument, just say, 'you're proving my point about the hate bit' that should shut em up

Quote Originally Posted by TatManTat View Post
    indeed, i have to agree with this, anyone that rages at you without a sensible argument, just say, 'you're proving my point about the hate bit' that should shut em up
    While I also agree with the OP, this is a bit silly
    If you try to pretend it is impossible for anyone to disagree with you then you are doing something wrong, in pretty much all cases

Deleted
    the sad part is all those games are pretty good, the faults all come from the community, wow is great, until you play with assholes - swtor is great, until assholes complain that it isnt like wow ( needs addons and lfg etc) , rift is great but people complain its to similar to wow

no one can win, play what you enjoy dont listen to anyone else

Have to agree but the general rule is the people who are happy are just happy to enjoy the experience, the people that arn't have to rage about their issues to people who don't really care. It's always the unhappy that make the most noise so it skews the demographics.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people not enjoying their games shouldn't game at all, if you don't like it then don't play it.

People will always complain, people will always be stupid, there's nothing to do about it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    They let loose too many genies from their bottles, they (Blizz) and the playerbase are paying the price for that now.

What next step could they take? Let players start at max level, with raid gear and just hit the end game with a passion, for a week?

And I have zero hate, you smartypants OP.

TYVM.

Deleted
    As far as I've been able to glean, it's a vocal minority complaining whilst many of us just stay silent enjoying what we enjoy. Of course I could be wrong.

Deleted
    By making this thread, you also have hate towards fellow MMO players which makes you no different.

Shut your mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    WoW: The community whines about EVERY SINGLE ASPECT (take it with a pinch of salt). Everything is wrong in the game for the community, LFR is shit, heroic bosses are bland and boring, everyone can crush content by letting a 3 year old bash at the keyboard. PvP is inbalanced and everything is never good for them.
    The community is pissed off 90% of the time, and whatever features Blizzard adds, or paths they chose, its always shit to someone, one way or another. (Yes I know its hard to satisfy everyone, all the fucking time) but give these guys a break, they are making a good game, I agree its gone soft since Vanilla/TBC, but the game is still really great.
    I would be perfectly fine with the game if I wasn't being pigeonholed into playing a DK just to have casual funsies in BGs.

But you are looking at it the wrong way.

For example... Can you earnestly say that you think Looking For Raid was a massive success and that you expected it to be? Because I expected it to be released in a half assed state that would need a hotfix to make it more functional weeks after it was released and that the only thing I would use it for is to make logs. Which, heheh, is exactly what came to be.

It is easy to tell that we do not have Blizzard at 100%, and clearly, they are ignoring many WoW problems because they have something else on a priority that is so much higher than World of Warcraft, that it is preventing the game from getting the much-needed attention that it requires at the moment.

But it's perfectly normal to be upset with something or someone because they are not performing adequately.

Being in that kind of community, is sort of like being in someone's heads, or being able to read their inner thoughts, and for some people, it's just easier to correlate disappointment with anger.

Deleted
    If people were satisfied with what they have they would never make any progress. The hate on forums and in media is by-product.

Earth inhabitants are war fueled destroyers of their own planet. All of them rape, kill, steal and swear. See what i did there? You are overacting. This small bunch of whiners is like, what, 1% of mmo-players? People who enjoy the game do not feels like posting on forums. At least vast majority of them.

the ones that post on the forums are, sure

but they make up an extremely tiny potion of the actual playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Shazlow View Post
    By making this thread, you also have hate towards fellow MMO players which makes you no different.

Shut your mouth.

Except that he's laying it at the feet of the PLAYERS.
    Unlike the massive majority that faults everything ON THE GAME.

So yeah, except for that GLARING DIFFERENCE. He's the exact same. o.O

Yeah, The mmo community is the 2nd worst behind the xbl fps community

but still WOW > all

A mixture of a drop in quality, slow down in content release and the fact that these people whining are paying customers... it all boils down badly for Blizzard. I don't care really, A-B is a disgusting company and I will never buy another A-B game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Somebody is always unhappy, doesn't mean that it is the entire community. 40 000 active posters here (many in forums unrelated to WoW) do NOT represent 10 million players and I resent your post, OP.
    Trends have weight, it's obvious common sense.

I forget what the OP said but in general, they are to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumina View Post
    If people were satisfied with what they have they would never make any progress.
    I hear people say that a lot. But I don't see any "progress" coming from the usual constantly whining, bitching piece of shit that 90% of our society seems to consist of.

"Progress" always comes from people who have their act together and and actually know and DO stuff and are active and productive, and those people sure aren't the kind that sits there complaining, demanding and pointing fingers all day.

I find that MMOchampion is literally one of the worst sites for complaining.

People can get away with it in some sub forums (Wow), but are strictly over bias in some others (SWTOR). - While i'm on topic, I really hope those moderators have gotten it together.

That only creates hatred even more, which creates even more complaining. It's a never ending cycle. Humans complain.

I find that the ones that do the most however, are generally the retards.