Dual monitor question

So i have a laptop with two graphics cards, integrated intel hd, and a 540m (not sure if this matters). I want to know if it's possible to hook up two monitors to my computer and technically have 3 (or 2 if i shut my laptop) screens running. My laptop has one vga adapter coming out of it, but i was wondering if there was a way possible that i could get a vga splitter to power both the screens. I've heard about people doing this but there computer just duplicates the picture on the two external monitors, is there any way i can get three separate screens?

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    So i have a laptop with two graphics cards, integrated intel hd, and a 540m (not sure if this matters). I want to know if it's possible to hook up two monitors to my computer and technically have 3 (or 2 if i shut my laptop) screens running. My laptop has one vga adapter coming out of it, but i was wondering if there was a way possible that i could get a vga splitter to power both the screens. I've heard about people doing this but there computer just duplicates the picture on the two external monitors, is there any way i can get three separate screens?
    if you have only 1 connector from your laptop, it will only be possible to use 1 extra.. if you split the vga from your laptop, ofc it will just show same on both screens, as it will send out same "info" in the vga

So you will only be able to go wtih 1 screen + your laptop screen
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    if you have only 1 connector from your laptop, it will only be possible to use 1 extra.. if you split the vga from your laptop, ofc it will just show same on both screens, as it will send out same "info" in the vga

So you will only be able to go wtih 1 screen + your laptop screen
    There's no way to work around this with some sort of different cord or program?

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    There's no way to work around this with some sort of different cord or program?
    Well think it like another plug of somethnig, like a pipe with fluid, if you push 1 fluid trough the pipe and get to a split, it will split up even, 50/50 in the pipes. If you have 2 diffrent fluids, it will still split 50/50 in both diffrent way in the split

So same with the "info", it will just split and be same in both way. Sorry
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Well think it like another plug of somethnig, like a pipe with fluid, if you push 1 fluid trough the pipe and get to a split, it will split up even, 50/50 in the pipes. If you have 2 diffrent fluids, it will still split 50/50 in both diffrent way in the split

So same with the "info", it will just split and be same in both way. Sorry
    yeah i know that hence why i was skeptical, i just wasn't sure if there was a program or another cord that can essentially split the info up and send it to two different monitors, it doesn't seem insanely un realistic