Thread: Crap dps?

Thumbs up Crap dps?

I pull 14k in twilight dungeon with kings/might/arcane brilliance. Spriest haste buff with darkness no DI. Im wondering if thats normal since im missing more raid buffs and target debuffs?

I do something like swp-flay till orb-mb-all dots up-flay-mb on cd while maintaining ES buff with some swd here and there.

I cant get past 14k

cant post links i think

Mesmus@gundrak US
    Last edited by Fagnut; 2011-12-26 at 01:29 PM.

Missing enchants, bad gemming, over hit cap, no professions...etc

but even with that, with 377 ilvl you should be doing twice that in a raid.

Practice-practice-practice, i cannot stress that enough. Make use of the training dummies, Proper use i mean. I sigh daily when i only see people hitting one target to test their dps. Most fights dont work that way which is why the dummies are always grouped.

I mean hit target A, being the boss, then all of a sudden strafe right and hit target B as your nuke target then back to original Target A. Then aoe the group for 5secs or so, then back to A. etc etc for 6mins or somthing substantial. This is raiding, this has increased my raid performance by a huge amount in the years since dummies came out.

My 2c

Practice on the new dummy aka LFR.

Some issues that you could be having:

-Refreshing DoTs too early
    -Refreshing DoTs too late (letting them fall off)
    -Not using CDs properly

Really, Shadow is quite simple to play after you master DoT application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    May as well open all-out with all dots, shadowfiend and mind blast considering how short the trash/fights are in 5man. No need to ramp up like that because of how much dps you lose.

Go read a proper guide (I'd suggest the shadow priest sticky on this priest forum), follow its rules and learn to play in the lfr mode. Then you are ready for normal modes, and if you've taught yourself how to play properly, I can assure you that you will destroy anyone you meet in a normal mode DS pug, simply because of how few there is who can actually play their class properly.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-12-27 at 02:06 PM.

In your armory I can see you are way too over hit cap (18,54% instead of 17), only 15,38 haste, and a healing trinket? Also no enchants and wrong gemming. (some orange gems instead of red, one 30 int gem...)
    Sort your gear first, my advice.