Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    D&d online is ftp. Its not bad, and a familiar game engine. Although it is heavily instanced. I still enjoyed it. Definitely not a wow clone.

Deleted
    APB reloaded, DCUO off the top of my head.

runescape has a solid chunk of free to play stuff, they've eased up on the grinding aspect some, at least at the earlier levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Lineage 2 is F2P and just released a large xpack

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    runescape has a solid chunk of free to play stuff, they've eased up on the grinding aspect some, at least at the earlier levels.
    I can never go back to that game lol. No end game just...grinding...grinding and more grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    So...did you just HAVE to bring up SW:tOR? Would it have killed you to not mention it? Do you see people mentioning WoW?
    If you want to make a smartass comment at least make a decent one. Why would anyone mention WoW if he just stopped playing WoW... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmachine View Post
    its pretty much exactly like WoW but alot more expensive. if you want to a quality mmo wait till the middle of next year a bunch of breath taking titles
    are being launched.
    Where is it more expensive? 60 dollard you get a good gaem and a free month.....most game doenst last more than 10-20 hours , its not bad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmachine View Post
    its the most expensive game currently on the market. it shouldnt be near this thread.

OT: Try Bf3 its like MW but takes skill.
    Try MW it's like BF3 but takes skill.

See same no argument reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never claimed that LoL is a mmorpg, they just award ALL games that they see fit on their website.
    LoL is added in there due to the popularity and fanbase being mostly mmo-players aswell.
    Diablo 3 will be included on their website even thought it is clearly stated as a MUD, not a mmo.

Now, as we all prepare to light our Yule logs and drink copious amounts of eggnog, let’s sit back and recount MMORPG.com’s Games of 2011.
    We reserve this category to reward the games that may not fit our traditional model of the MMORPG,
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

try Team Fortress 2, it's f2p, not too limited for free players, you can get it on Steam

I'd definitely suggest DC Universe Online. It's one of the few mmos to come out in the past 3 years that isn't a WoW clone and it has really fun/engaging action-based combat(As opposed to WoW's point and click combat). It also has really good story elements and a lot of amazing voice acting (Joker as your quest giver/mentor, voice acted by Mark Hamill, 'nuff said).
    The best part is that compared to most f2p mmos, you can't buy skill. All station cash can get you is things like cosmetic items and additional character slots, name changes, etc.
    There are 3 tiers of account level:
    Free to play: You get only 2 character slots and some other minor restrictions.
    Premium(You get this from either having bought DCUO before it went free to play or by spending $5 in the in-game marketplace, it's a permanent upgrade to your account): You get 7 character slots and less restrictions.
    Legendary(This is the monthly $15 payment model): You get 0 restrictions, 17 character slots, all the DLC for free and other features. While 17 character slots sounds excessive, as you'll learn making alts on this game is extremely fun and trying out the different weapon/power combos can be pretty addicting.
    DCUO is definitely worth a try, and you don't have anything to lose because it's f2p. :P

Try Allods online, its free wow not super grindy cool graphic style imo and pretty good.

Lotro is a pretty good F2P game. It doesn't have all the polish other P2P MMO games have, but I enjoy it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    No. Also, LoL isn't an MMO.
    Yes LoL is an MMO.

MMO stands for massively multiplayer Online game.

MMORPG. stands for Massively multiplayer online Role-playing Game.

Learn your acronyms!

OT: LOTR Is meant to be quite good? I know thats free but i'm not sure if its free all the time.

Another that i quite enjoy is Tibia. (www.tibia.com)
    Its quite old and 2D but i still really enjoy it

Deleted
    I found Champions online fun, City of heroes is now free too.
    Star trek online will be free in like 3 weeks.
    Warhammer online is free for a certain amount of levels but those levels are still fun

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO: Lotro, D&D, Bloodlines, Spiral Knights (not an MMO, but Steam thinks so)
    FPS: TF2... that's pretty much it as far as worthwhile totally free FPSs go. You can even upgrade to full version by buying ANYTHING from the MannCo store.
    Not free, but cheap: Terraria, Minecraft, Diablo 2, Killing Floor

Get Terraria or Minecraft at least. While not free, they are an infinite time sink now that both of them are fully out there and have mod and online support.

Hamachi makes online play free for pretty much any game with LAN support.

Oh and I forgot the best free game ever

http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_game.php
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2011-12-26 at 08:39 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find lotro to get boring after a while.
    Dcuo is nice.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

AION is going to F2P in Feb or so. Also, wait for Guild Wars 2 which will be a buy first time and that's it!

Most F2P MMO's atm are shit because they don't have a lot of funds to support high quality - item shops only get them so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    4.3 was nice imo, anyways back to subject.

Bloodline Champions I guess? or runescape? Just waiting for Guild wars 2 (Not sure if 1 was f2p) LOTRO also

Honestly, go buy some other games, MW3..UMVC3 Fifa 12...Arkham Asylum...Skyrim etc etc
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Badmilk View Post
    LOTR Is meant to be quite good? I know thats free but i'm not sure if its free all the time.
    It's free indefinitely, but the majority of the quests and content must be bought with Turbine Points, which can either be gained through buying them, or through the much slower method of completing deeds (I think they're called?). The main story quests are free regardless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Just waiting for Guild wars 2 (Not sure if 1 was f2p)c
    It is F2P (Buy to Play, technically), just like the second one will be.