Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    DirectX 11 should be installed whether you have a DX11 GPU or not! Let's make that clear. If it can get installed, it should be there!

I take it all of a sudden you couldn't launch games and had never noticed before that you had DX11 so you just resorted to blaming that.

More likely it is one of the following:

* Malfunctioning driver, download another version, older or newer.

* Broken GPU (in which case getting a new GPU would unfortunately be the solution here too)

* Too much dust in the card's cooler.

Wouldn't an upgrade to a 9800 be pretty much pointless anyway because it is a DX9 card not DX11?

*grabs a bag of mashmallows *

Mod Edit: Contribute, or don't post.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-12-27 at 08:58 PM.

Ok Ok, I was in the heat of the moment, I really know nothing about computers and reading the directX forums i saw other people with the same problem so I was all like "OMG FU MICROSOFT!!!"

When I get home today I will try Druchii's post and see if that works.

See, what happened was, I listened to the forum trolls. Never listen to the trolls. Never.

Thanks for the help/reassurance. All the face palms are deemed valid.

In the meantime, if you want to stop your computer from freezing/blue screening while you're watching videos on Youtube or Hulu, just right click a video while it's playing, click "Settings" and uncheck the box that says "Enable Hardware Acceleration"

Yeah, Youtube and Hulu (And Tube8 LOLS) was working fine last night, no problems. SWTOR and WoW still made my computer crash though. When I get home I will mess around with it some more

I was on the fence about buying a new computer anyways. Or just give up gaming, as its becoming an interference in my busy schedule. I don't know, we shall see.