The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The State of PvP So Far

Just thought I'd start a thread on this as I haven't seen any on the front page yet, what are your thoughts on PvP so far? Do classes seem balanced? Is the Resolve bar working well?

In terms of balance, I think it seems fairly balanced, but I must say that as a Sith Inquisitor (granted a fairly low level one, so this may fade as I gain abilities) I get entirely destroyed by Jedi's (mainly Sages), Sith Assassins and Mercenaries. That Seeker Missile does a ton of damage, and I understand that the Heat cost is significant (they seem to get off about 3 before they run out of Heat), but it is roughly 80% of my health gone by the time they have done 3. As for Assassins and Jedi's I can't speak to a single ability that does it, but Assassins can do a ton of burst, and the Jedi self healing is difficult to counter, they don't seem to be too hard, so maybe thats just me. Overall I think the classes are fairly well balanced, a few could use a buff, specifically the Marauders. I can eat through them in no time, just knock them back then Force Lightning to slow them, stun, run, Force Lightning again and they're gone.

The Resolve bar seems... off to me. Compared with the amount of damage that goes out, you can easily be killed in the time before your Resolve bar fills up from stuns. Perhaps once people gain more Expertise this will improve, but right now it is a PITA to play Huttball when you only get 5 feet before you are stunlocked and destroyed.

Overall, I find the PvP to be surprisingly well balanced given that the game has just come out. Every time they patch WoW one class becomes an unstoppable juggernaut and PvP is unbalanced until a week before the next patch. I can't wait until they allow addons so we can begin to see whether classes are balanced in PvE or not, hopefully they are, or are at least close, so PvE fixes don't break the PvP balance.
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Inquisitors are OP right now, lightning is pretty annoying in any scenario.
    i7-6700k | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 | CM Evo 212 | 16GB DDR4 2400 Corsair Vengeance | ASRock Fata1ity k6 z170 | NZXT 440 White |

PvP - We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team
    im already more positive about the pvp in star wars tor then the pvp in world of warcraft

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/12/big_patches_alr.html

was where i got that qoute from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayme689 View Post
    Inquisitors are OP right now, lightning is pretty annoying in any scenario.
    They are really easy to kill...if pvp didn't lag. A mercenary is like a Sorc that can move and cast with heavy armor on.

i was thinkin about makin a mercenary but i dont know

im more into playing classes that dont run around shooting guns,i wanna play a mmorpg not a fps.im thinkin about makin a scoundrel/operative though
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-26 at 07:58 PM.

"So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!"

My guild has 5 50s, 2 more on their way that have all been to Ilum. It's very over-hyped. They keep both sides separate throughout questing as far as I know. There's no rewards for killing people of the opposite faction, all PvP rewards are best earned through warzones.

"We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team"

Give us names? Don't just make claims. I don't doubt they could have a good team. But how can they claim to have the most experienced PvP developers without giving us some sort of example?

I'm a lot more interested in the PvE aspect of the game. It's Bioware, they've always been good a single player RPG, PvE stuff.

Overall classes are fairly ok balanced, but every class has a weakness to another class, like warrior vs ranged is ranged favoured, but nothing huge.
    Exception might be CC's, there's far too much CC right now, and the warzones are too mixed, level 1-50 in the same warzone is frustrating at 50 and it probably is for level 10s as well but I guess they'll fix that when more people start reaching 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good if you are a good PvPer, obivously the opposite if you suck.

The only thing over the top might just be Inquistors + Republic equivalent with their speed up - Quite annoying in huttball if they know how to play.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Give us names? Don't just make claims.
    im just goin by the link i posted,honestly.if the pvp is better then wow i honestly dont care who they have working on the pvp
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-26 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    im just goin by the link i posted,honestly.if the pvp is better then wow i honestly dont care who they have working on the pvp
    That wasn't directed toward you in anyway, it was rhetorical question. I love PvP in MMOs, it's usually what draws me in the most in the end and keeps me playing. All I know is I don't see the PvP in SW:TOR being very competitive. It doesn't have any form of PvP ladder and there won't be any cross-realm PvP. We'll have to wait until later patches before we see anything.