Need some advice regarding my PC!

Hello fellas! Long story short, I got a PC that handles wow pretty smoothly (on low settings) but simple cant handle SWTOR at all.

The question is if SWTOR will become playable with a few updates or the only solution is a new PC!

System:

WIndows 7 Ultimate, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual COre Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 2GB Ram with an NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT.
    THanks in advance guys!

Deleted
    You are below the minimum spec required to run the game. You need a better PC.

Minimum specs are as follows, and even with these specs it will run poorly on anything other than low settings.

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
    Operating System:
    Windows XP or later
    RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
    Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
    nVidia 7800 or better
    Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
    DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Deleted
    It's also safer to get stuff way better than the minimum specs - because of horrible optimization, it might not otherwise run well even on minimum settings. Will hopefully get fixed soon, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, that is pretty old hardware. Trash it, and build a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Never even heard of your hardware, must be before "my time"

I recommend you read the "Setup of the Month" post by Chaud, which you can find here.

Personally I got a similar setup that Chaud mentions as "Narwhal", though I run two 6950s, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz ram, a slightly different PSU model and different motherboard/ssd/harddrive/other. And that setup runs SWTOR on highest settings perfectly, never dropped below 70FPS with it.

If you are buying a new computer though, you might want to wait a week or two, as ATI is releasing their 7000 series GPU's now. This probably means current GPU's will have a price drop.
    Hi

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

This site will tell you if you can run game x or y or z.

This will then let you see which areas of your computer are holding back your abillity to play the game. Then you can decide if you want a new comp or just upgrade some components.
    I personally would look for a new comp there are many builds around for reasonable prices which would last awhile and get you access to most games.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2011-12-27 at 02:45 AM.