Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No way to avoid full disarm duration

People said you would be able to do it but apparently as of right now you actually can't put a Weapon Chain on your ranged weapon, making it impossible to reduce disarm duration for hunters.

QQ

Hope this get fixed soon.

At least Bestial Wrath removes disarm.

Won't get fixed til Sept 25.

Lovely. may as well be a 10 second silence

There is a new weapon chain but not until MoP

Disengage and start running in the opposite direction....lol
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Won't get fixed til Sept 25.
    Seriously??? Wow... This just reminds me of the Cataclysm Prepatch when we had to play without Aspect of the Fox for a month... Seriously how can a company like blizzard still make obvious mistakes like that? Like balancing is one thing but just forgetting things like weapon chains for hunters is just so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    Seriously??? Wow... This just reminds me of the Cataclysm Prepatch when we had to play without Aspect of the Fox for a month... Seriously how can a company like blizzard still make obvious mistakes like that? Like balancing is one thing but just forgetting things like weapon chains for hunters is just so stupid.
    Because a month of unrated PvP in which Hunters get hit by full disarms is going to kill the game? They didn't forget anything here, they know full well Hunters don't have a weapon chain. They just didn't want to spend their finite resources on something that would be used for 30 days and never bothered with again.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2012-08-30 at 08:27 PM.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Because a month of unrated PvP in which Hunters get hit by full disarms is going to kill the game? They didn't forget anything here, they know full well Hunters don't have a weapon chain. They just didn't want to spend their finite resources on something that would be used for 30 days and never bothered with again.
    Did I ever say it was going to kill the game? I didn't think so. But it IS going to kill a lot of fun for a lot of people.

And how hard is it for a company as big as blizzard to "spend their finite resources" (LOL, ye blizz is poor) to just make the normal chain usable on a bow? I seriously think it would take one guy an hour to do and that's it... So YES I do think they FORGOT about it.

Did I ever say it was going to kill the game? I didn't think so. But it IS going to kill a lot of fun for a lot of people.

And how hard is it for a company as big as blizzard to "spend their finite resources" (LOL, ye blizz is poor) to just make the normal chain usable on a bow? I seriously think it would take one guy an hour to do and that's it... So YES I do think they FORGOT about it.
    You write as if the sky is falling, you get another hyperbole in return.

Now, let me tell you a little something about how software gets developed by professionals: no change is small, nothing takes just a guy one hour. Every little thing has to be looked at, decided and requested, and the programmers need to take their time to both change the code and test it for bugs. And if they don't that they risk even more bugs and their design being derailed (which would be a bad thing). So yes, it would take resources for them to do that. Resources I'm guessing they didn't think were worth spending for something that won't matter in a month. Hell, it might very well be on the list of things to do, but that particular list is huge and pre-Mists weapon chains for hunters is way low on the priority.

You write as if the sky is falling, you get another hyperbole in return.
    I literally just said "no it's not gonna kill the game but it's not fun" and that's your answer? wow dude, what more do you need? Want me to say I don't care about getting disarmed for 15 sec in a row in a war game?

Now, let me tell you a little something about how software gets developed by professionals: no change is small, nothing takes just a guy one hour. Every little thing has to be looked at, decided and requested, and the programmers need to take their time to both change the code and test it for bugs. And if they don't that they risk even more bugs and their design being derailed (which would be a bad thing). So yes, it would take resources for them to do that. Resources I'm guessing they didn't think were worth spending for something that won't matter in a month. Hell, it might very well be on the list of things to do, but that particular list is huge and pre-Mists weapon chains for hunters is way low on the priority.
    Again I'm pretty sure you're wrong. First of all, they already took the decision to allow hunters to use chains on their bows. So there's nothing to decide anymore.

And also, the code itself ALREADY exists. The chain that works on bows has already been created on the beta, the only thing they need to do is to give the same ability to the one existing. They don't have to actually develop or test anything.

And finally, it's not like they were in a hurry for this change. It's been decided months ago that hunters wouldn't have a melee weapon anymore and so obviously they'd need a chain on their bow.

Just stop being the devil's advocate and admit it's possible they forgot about it.

Sure, it's possible they forgot about it. I just don't think that's what happened. Blizzard's development method is nebulous and I'd bet good money their code is still a jumbled mess after so many years of workarounds, even with the recent and rebuilds for Mists. Which means they'd be mighty careful about changing any mechanics to avoid another situation like Ret Paladins one-shotting the heavens.

But forgetting or deliberately leaving it out, does it make a difference? The point is that Hunters being vulnerable to disarms for 30 days is not worth getting worked up about or QQing about it. If anything, it will give Hunters a good reason not to get complacent about melee (and to fear Shadow Priests even more, I suppose) until Mists drops. And yes, that last sentence was in jest. No, the situation is not fun, but at least we know exactly how long it's going to last and how it's going to be afterwards. There are a lot more annoying things we don't have that sort of certainty about.
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2012-08-30 at 11:48 PM.

not worth getting worked up about or QQing about it.
    Didn't come here to QQ. Just discussing people's thought on the subject, or if anybody has a solution, if anybody knows when it'll change etc, etc.

Didn't come here to QQ. Just discussing people's thought on the subject, or if anybody has a solution, if anybody knows when it'll change etc, etc.
    People said you would be able to do it but apparently as of right now you actually can't put a Weapon Chain on your ranged weapon, making it impossible to reduce disarm duration for hunters.

QQ

Hope this get fixed soon.
    Orly?

Stop complaining that you can't pvp for a month that is always a fuck-up due to expansion phase

10+ Year Old Account
    i wondered what happened to that hunter i disarmed

i thought i just scared him shitless with dragon roar D:

Deleted
    Code:
    /equipslot 16 <Name of 2handed melee weapon with weapon chain>
    /equipslot 16 <Name of your ranged weapon>
    It's pretty easy to foresee someone using disarm, just click the macro once slightly before the disarm and then click again to equip a ranged weapon.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-08-31 at 07:24 AM.

PvP trinket removes disarms

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Stop complaining that you can't pvp for a month that is always a fuck-up due to expansion phase
    Really? you're just gonna repeat EXACTLY what Holtzmann said before you? Seriously don't even post anything if that's what you're gonna say

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Code:
    /equipslot 16 <Name of 2handed melee weapon with weapon chain>
    /equipslot 16 <Name of your ranged weapon>
    It's pretty easy to foresee someone using disarm, just click the macro once slightly before the disarm and then click again to equip a ranged weapon.
    Yeah tell me how you can "foresee" exactly when a SP is gonna disarm you... Or how you're gonna change weapon DURING a stun/gouge (impossible).

Quote Originally Posted by burnaboy View Post
    PvP trinket removes disarms
    No shit sherlock.

Deleted
    Really? you're just gonna repeat EXACTLY what Holtzmann said before you? Seriously don't even post anything if that's what you're gonna say

Yeah tell me how you can "foresee" exactly when a SP is gonna disarm you... Or how you're gonna change weapon DURING a stun/gouge (impossible).

No shit sherlock.
    Any half decent SP will only use disarm during your nuke cd's, especially Bestial wrath since it's a very visual Cd. Pop your Cd and equip your weapon chain. For a rogue/warlock pet it's obviously different, use your trinket to get rid of it as stated above.

There really isn't anything to lose with a macro like that. Deal with the situation as best you can or be a baddie , up to you.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-08-31 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Any half decent SP will only use disarm during your nuke cd's, especially Bestial wrath since it's a very visual Cd. Pop your Cd and equip your weapon chain. For a rogue/warlock pet it's obviously different, use your trinket to get rid of it as stated above.

There really isn't anything to lose with a macro like that. Deal with the situation as best you can or be a baddie , up to you.
    Yeah I'm gonna trinket a rogue's disarm... Just to get full blinded + sap + cheap shot and kidney right after that. You seem pretty good at pvp.

And SP is actually not the problem since I literally can't get feared, I only have to trinket his disarm anyway.

And yes there's something to lose using this macro. You lose two gcd's + the time waiting to actually get disarmed (if only you actually do), which is almost just as long as actually getting disarmed ...