Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pulling as demo with WOU

Hi Guys.

I've got WOU and CoC on my demo lock and i wonder if i need to wait for 10 stacks of combat mind and then pop metamorphosis or instantly do it after pull?

May be worth it to prolong doomguard, but probably not meta. This is why mw:c is probably still pulling ahead.

Personally, I will not hold meta but hold DG seconds for higher stacks (probably can't wait till full stacks if u want to catch the volcanic potion buff).
    WoU only stacks when your spell hit the targets, doesn't stack on hellfire or dot ticks either. So it takes at least 10 gcd to stacks 10 times.
    No worthy holding meta, I guess.
    Last edited by MrLoser; 2011-12-27 at 02:52 AM.

You do not gain anything from delaying Metamorphosis for Will of Unbinding, in fact you will only lose potential seconds from Lightweave and Power Torrent during Metamorphosis.

You can get 7 stacks easily with WoU with BF, and other SP procs up for Doomguard.

Holding meta for stacking int does nothing for you...it hurts you matter of fact since Meta doesn't just snapshot int heh.

Just hold DG till the last like second of Blood Fury and you will be good...unless you know 100% that all your SP procs and 2nd pot will line up later for a better DG.

It's been said but not in a pure fact way yet:

1. Metamorphosis does not snapshot your int, only your mastery. You gain absolutely nothing by holding meta.
    2. DG does snapshot your int, but the stacks on it even if capped do not outweigh your pre-pot let alone other procs. Stack as high as you can then DG, don't wait for 10 at the cost of your other procs.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Meta only snapshots Mastery, not Intellect/Spellpower. Use it ASAP on the pull. If you're using something that gives you a temporary Mastery buff, use that first, then use Meta ASAP.

It is good to wait a bit for Doomguard through, so all your procs happen and they line up with a high stack of WOU. It's better to make sure you pop DG while you still have your pre-pot than it is to get a 10 stack of WOU and lose your pre-pot, though.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Build as many stacks as you can before Power Torrent/Lightweave wear off. When that's about to happen be sure to get your Doomguard off. I generally go 6-8 to be safe if there's no lust. Can easily fully stack it if you lust off the bat.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Deleted
    Thanks for answers, thats really helpfull . Im not good at simulationcraft and i don't know why latest version of it doesn't work on my computer, i just don't know which setup of trinkets can give me best dps (i've got CoC normal, WoU normal, MWC, VPLC normal, IOCM lfr). I heard that CoC and WoU are BiS trinkets, but last time saw defferent opinions. Have you got any experience about that?
    Last edited by mmocf5feec74ad; 2011-12-27 at 10:30 AM.

As a aff lock with WuI, I pop doomguard at the last second of power torrent, most times dont have 10stacks but better to use the power torrent buff with a couple stacks than 10 stacks and no power torrent

Equip MWC, use MWC, use Meta, equip WoU (replace MWC), prepot. Enter combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Equip MWC, use MWC, equip WoU (replace MWC)
    That doesn't work anymore, it's been awhile since it has.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the thing that spoiledkid wrote in ( what i guess is) his edit. That should work.. But isn't moonwell chalice better than WoU (non heroic) anyway?

Deleted
    I have done some tests on ultraxion lfr, when i've had CoC and MWC, i were doing something like 36-40 k dps, now with WOU and CoC i can really easy push over 40 k, even got 42,5 k today. But i don't know if ultraxion lfr is good source for testing, theres a lot of things which can change overall dps ( buffs, dps from other ppl makikng boss die faster/longer). When ill repair my simcraft, ill make some tests and put some better results here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I expect (using a wet finger in the air as a reliable source) that standard deviation for demo DPS using MWC is a lot bigger than that with different trinkets. The RNG of meta lining up with MWC plays a big role in demo DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmutato View Post
    I have done some tests on ultraxion lfr, when i've had CoC and MWC, i were doing something like 36-40 k dps, now with WOU and CoC i can really easy push over 40 k, even got 42,5 k today. But i don't know if ultraxion lfr is good source for testing, theres a lot of things which can change overall dps ( buffs, dps from other ppl makikng boss die faster/longer). When ill repair my simcraft, ill make some tests and put some better results here.
    expecialy as warlock in Ultraxion LFR u can ignore Hour of Twilight with SL, I just do it the last 2 since it starts to get more healing intensive

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    That doesn't work anymore, it's been awhile since it has.
    He did miss a step, you can pop Meta/DG before the pull under MWC then swap trinkets and they will carry the extra mastery... and as far as I'm aware that still works fine.

Oh, pop stuff before combat? Hmm

Deleted
    You can add a weapon swap with Sho'ravon + mastery gem too or with a complete Mastery stuff.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2011-12-27 at 09:06 PM.

Oh my, the possibilities of a mastery pre-pull set...

I might have to start pulling my old gear out of void storage...
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com