Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Slicing Tutorial = Easy Credits

Thought some of you might find this helpful.

So what do you all think of slicing so far?

I think people that post multiple spam replies just to get up to the point that they can post links/videos need to be shot.

GTFO the internet.

Infracted. Post constructively. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-27 at 05:23 AM.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate it, but you really do have to be a fool not to take it. Either that or you have to be a crazy person that likes working their butt off and maxing profits on the GTN for your credits. Simply put, slicing is free credits. You can make credits pretty well with the other crew skills, but it takes a hell of a lot more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I think people that post multiple spam replies just to get up to the point that they can post links/videos need to be shot.

GTFO the internet.
    I think you will find all of my replies were relevant to the topic, but thanks for your feedback.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I hate it, but you really do have to be a fool not to take it. Either that or you have to be a crazy person that likes working their butt off and maxing profits on the GTN for your credits. Simply put, slicing is free credits. You can make credits pretty well with the other crew skills, but it takes a hell of a lot more effort.
    Yeah it seems like it's pretty stupid not to take it at the moment with how many credits it can earn you for so little work.
    Last edited by Shouldyouplayit; 2011-12-27 at 05:03 AM.

credits, not credit's. Anyway, slicing is ridiculous, especially this early in the game's life.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    credits, not credit's. Anyway, slicing is ridiculous, especially this early in the game's life.
    Thanks, ill fix that up now.

My game is still en-route and i've heard the reference to slicing before but never knew what it was, thanks for the vid

Quote Originally Posted by Dahdrael View Post
    My game is still en-route and i've heard the reference to slicing before but never knew what it was, thanks for the vid
    You are very welcome.

Yeah, it took me a few 'tries' to get it into my roommates' heads what slicing was. They're used to Skinning = money, mining = money, gathering = money in that you can make a lot of money via selling things on the AH.

I had to reinforce for them that you're not sending out companions to find items or that the nodes out in the world are items (well, they're technically boxes) but that you're gathering money. Not gathering items to vendor or sell, but literally gathering money. It's pretty unreal, and ultimately worse money can just questing, but it's good side-cash and great for attempting to amass a lot for future investments.

Deleted
    Being able to generate money with literally no effort is a game-breaking mechanism.

Bioware will have to change it for sure or they'll ruin their economy before it even starts.

Deleted
    I took slicing up until 44~ dropped it as there were only 2 Lockbox missions on 49-50 (I sent the rest of my toons to do lower lockbox missions), I've got enough money to buy speeder skill once I'm 50, I just felt it was boring to continue doing it. Taken Diplomacy for now so I can fast grind the last 1500 points until Dark V (I've maintained Cybertech and Scavenging) and get a bunch of companion gifts, and once I'm Dark V I'll resume Underworld Trading to get me rare metals and more companion gifts, and sell those on AH to all the rich slicers for ridiculous amounts of creds.

Deleted
    Got a 8k lockback and a epic mission to sell. Epics usualy cost around 5-10k on my server. Its abit to easy imo. Shoot and forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Being able to generate money with literally no effort is a game-breaking mechanism.

Bioware will have to change it for sure or they'll ruin their economy before it even starts.
    As far as I'm aware the next patch will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    As far as I'm aware the next patch will fix that.
    Yep it's already in the official patch notes. Slicing has been nerfed.

That's its what, 3rd nerf? I don't see how much further they can go without every mission eventually costing you money. Just admit it was a poor profession choice and remove it.

Patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.0.1/12272011

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Yep it's already in the official patch notes. Slicing has been nerfed.
    Where are the patch notes?

Interestingly, Treasure Hunting also has missions to find lockboxes. I've been leveling that up to see if it's as profitable as slicing, and so far (level 140ish) it definitely is NOT. I rarely even break even on missions. Could just be bad luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Just admit it was a poor profession choice and remove it.
    Agreed. It made sense if you could only have one toon, you needed money to buy the other items to craft. But now that it is nerfed, and Augments almost useless, what is the point?
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    It was in need of a nerf. I made 60k in one night with 205~ slicing. I just hope they didn't nerf it the point wheres it not profitable at all.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

If Slicing doesnt turn a profit anymore, or hardly, there is no point in using it anymore. Augments feel rather pointless, ultimately you will use non-crafted gear. And if the credit return for sending a companion out for 35min isnt worth the time, there is no reason to keep Slicing.

Sorry to say it, but its already often enough that i get a regular lockbox which ranges from a few 100 credit lost to 200 credits earned, not amazing for a 35min mission.
    Or companions fail, which still happens sometimes. And when i do get a lucky hit with a gree lockbox its only a 2-4k profit, again... for a 35min mission.

So it never really stuck out as being all that amazing to begin with, kind of a lotterly ticket where you broke even most of the times and if you got lucky you made a profit. I hope this doesnt mean Slicing will most of the time cost me money and only if i get lucky will i make a little something. Then, just remove it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    If Slicing doesnt turn a profit anymore, or hardly, there is no point in using it anymore. Augments feel rather pointless, ultimately you will use non-crafted gear. And if the credit return for sending a companion out for 35min isnt worth the time, there is no reason to keep Slicing.

Sorry to say it, but its already often enough that i get a regular lockbox which ranges from a few 100 credit lost to 200 credits earned, not amazing for a 35min mission.
    Or companions fail, which still happens sometimes. And when i do get a lucky hit with a gree lockbox its only a 2-4k profit, again... for a 35min mission.

So it never really stuck out as being all that amazing to begin with, kind of a lotterly ticket where you broke even most of the times and if you got lucky you made a profit. I hope this doesnt mean Slicing will most of the time cost me money and only if i get lucky will i make a little something. Then, just remove it.
    more then likely you will still make credits from slicing, just wont be as much. and honestly, it seriously needed the nerf.