Poll: which would you choose

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Hitler never born? No, I'd rather see a timeline where he had won the war.
    just a video. Hitler might've been crazy as shit, but he did it for his own people. Something every potential big country could've done. If he had won the war he would stop expanding his 3rd and keep it just @ europe.

And lol @ the english speaking nazi part.

is it me or does Germania sounds better than Europe?
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2011-12-27 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i watch documentaries bout Nazi Occult and Conspiracies there is a part of me that would like to peek in on what a world would be like if the Nazis won.

edit- in my mind its nothing like the video above
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2011-12-27 at 05:35 PM.

im of the opinion that if they hadnt been there, someone else would have filled their roles. a person does not shape their destiny alone. hitler started out as a fairly talented artist...

Deleted
    Adolf Hitler. Red alert would be real. Gemma is so hot

Deleted
    I'd have to pick the one without Nepoleon, some of my relatives fled Europe to the UK when Hitler took power and if they'd not done that then my father would not have met my mother and i'd not be here :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Cos I base it strictly on who has done the most damage to the world and those fuckers win.
    No, Stalin goes way over Napoleon by a huge margin.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    we have Hitler to thank for not getting into what may have been a much nastier war against Russia..

it would have been better if neither were born..

but as a lot of people have said.. it would have just been someone else

another thing to keep in mind.. if it weren't for Hitler the US recovery from the Great Depression would have been much much worse..
    Last edited by ishootblanks; 2011-12-27 at 07:09 PM.
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burpie View Post
    Neither. I'd rather choose Stalin not to be born.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    mmh.. instead someone else would have taken over after lenin... Stalin just happened to be the one coming out on top
    Stalin killed all his generals because he was paranoid and he thought they'd replace him. Of all the territories he conquered, he took the people and deported them into Siberia or killed them directly(this is why today there's so many autonomous republics around there). He conquered half of Poland making deals with Hitler, and in fact if Hitler would not have attacked him, he and Hitler had a non-agression agreement and even traded, Stalin sent Hitler iron which Hitler used to make tanks (which were then used to kill 20 million russians). Then of course if you think Hitler had propaganda and censorship, you should see Stalin, he was much, much worse, he thought russians alone were superior and rest should be crushed under his foot. After the WW2 he split Europe and in his part he told the armies to hunt those that might pose a threat, from writers to politicians, from everyone with an university degree to former military men.

In fact, Stalin was so bad as when his army was approaching Warsaw closer to the end of the war, the polish revolutionary forces thought they'd get freed from the germans and got out to start a rebellion to help the russians get the town easier. Stalin's order was for his troops to wait so that the germans would wipe the polish resistance so that when he conquers Poland there won't be any resistance against him. And let's not forget that he didn't even bother to give all his soldiers weapons, many times he'd send troops without guns (there was one gun at 2 people and the person without a gun got a reloader in case the one with a gun died he could use his gun further) just so that germans wouldn't get them, just so that germans would remain out of ammunition by shooting everyone and in the end "the motherland" would prevail.

Overall, due to what he did, I'd say Stalin is even worse then Hitler, and many of his actions show him as schitzophrenic, as he was borderline paranoid about everything and everyone and acted based on this, at least for Hitler I can say that he grew in a place where the hate against jews was great in that time in general and also after WW1 the hate against France was great. I don't know why he decided blond blue-eyes people were better, but that still puts him under Stalin in evilness.

In fact, not sure you know, but before Lenin died (as you might know, URSS was working under the principle that the capitalism bourghesie would fall in all states on its own and URSS must not intervene as communism would win in the time of Lenin) he even said that Stalin should not get to power. In fact, if you think about it, before Stalin, Lenin was only bad for his country but he left the other countries be. Also, soviet leaders after Stalin even spoke out against him, and reworked some of his teachings and acts since they were horrible. So no, if someone else would have gotten there instead of Stalin unless he was taken from a mental institution he'd have been better.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2011-12-27 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Hitler was never born, wouldnt america have went to war with Britian? since it was being thought up before WW2 started?

The only think I will thank hitler for is bringing America and the United Kingdom closer together :P

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Now I know it sounds crazy for me to be saying this, but I think it would have been a bad thing for the world if Hitler never happened. Like it or not, he helped show the world how wrong discrimination is and how easily human rights could be abused and it got the rest of the world thinking. I think, as twisted as it is, he helped humanity advance in the right direction.
    it also helped exhaust the world of military supplies. I can see it becoming much more likely that the US and russia would have had a nuclear war if they weren't in a period of recovery from WWII at the time of the cold war. A time of recovery and immediately after cooperation against a common threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, neither. While the Holocaust was probably the most horrible thing I can think of in modern history, it also does not effect me directly. What it does do, is show just how nasty human beings can be, and tempers one to never let that happen again.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

well well.. We would miss them if they havent been born and now dont just shout up and talk bullshit they bruteforced us to develop new tech.

If Napoleon was never born we would NOT know the effect of bringing tradesmen, docters and all that kinda stuff with us to war to help the civilians during it. We would still walk in with an army and just destroy everything and when thats done the civilians would cry for war because we ruined their lives completely.

If Hitler was never born we would not have nuclear power and considering the huge amounts of energy we get from it where would we get that if not nuclear power? not to speak of aviation.

This is a fact that cannot be discussed: If WW2 never existed we would not have airplanes as we know it. that would be like star wars IRL to us.

But then again the price for all this tech is millions of lives.

I choosed Napoleon

Deleted
    Napoleon invented the Metric system (or at least someone under his government did and he approved).

Enough reason for me that he should have lived, thumbs, feet, hugs, gallons and whatever are systems I could never live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    well well.. We would miss them if they havent been born and now dont just shout up and talk bullshit they bruteforced us to develop new tech.

If Napoleon was never born we would NOT know the effect of bringing tradesmen, docters and all that kinda stuff with us to war to help the civilians during it. We would still walk in with an army and just destroy everything and when thats done the civilians would cry for war because we ruined their lives completely.

If Hitler was never born we would not have nuclear power and considering the huge amounts of energy we get from it where would we get that if not nuclear power? not to speak of aviation.

This is a fact that cannot be discussed: If WW2 never existed we would not have airplanes as we know it. that would be like star wars IRL to us.

But then again the price for all this tech is millions of lives.

What you mean to say is we wouldn't have had all those things AT THAT TIME. You can't honestly think such technologies, or war strategies would not have been thought up/invented by now. In hundreds of years nobody would have thought of bringing doctors to war if it wasn't for Napoleon? If Hitler was never born absolutely nobody would have invented nuclear power ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would have mattered, someone would have filled the gap.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'd pick an alternate time where they both actually won the war, just to check it out. On this topic, I would pick Napoleon.