Poll: Are you going to keep playing swtor?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Definitely NO.

For me soloplay is a giant + but i don't want to pay monthy for "KOTOR3 with chat".

I like Trooper story, like visual style, and gameplay.

But:
    1) Questing is horrible. (Tarsis 100+ quest just kills me. Thousands quest in every location, i thought that i'll love it but im 30 lvl and already sick of that. Yeah and i hate "*planetname* bonus series")
    2) Labyrinth cities like Nar Shaddar and Corus freaks me out.
    3) Falshpoints just suck. So hyped dialog system just don't don't seems to be interesting (Eylessys or whatever name first instance was very PRed during beta. But Hammer Station and 3rd just plain trash killing.
    And what is more important flashpoints are just simply dull. No need to move, just stay on one place and push random buttons)
    So PVE is dead for me.
    4) PVP dunno. Never liked PVP so this part of game just cutted for me.

So in conclusion i don't see any point why should i stay after i complete Trooper and Inquisitor storylines.

Oh I've read few post above and somthing come in mind.
    1) Maintenance by US clock. No thx i demand some refund
    2) No reason Lag Spikes.
    3) No reason dissconnects.
    You made an account just to flood the poll?

Definitely.

I love the game.
    Sure, there're bugs... annoying ones... but the game is too much fun.

Not saying Bioware shouldn't fix bugs... just...

BIG yay on swtor

Yes. Game is awesome. Thought It sucked because it was star wars, but I ended up liking it And what's up with people only playing 1 game at the time? It's not like youre cheating on WoW cause you play something else for a while!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Why aren't a man allowed to his honest opinion? Make account today or tomorrow, one day you make it and usually because you want to answer something. Can't be very hard to understand?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Definitely.

I love the game.
    Sure, there're bugs... annoying ones... but the game is too much fun.

Not saying Bioware shouldn't fix bugs... just...

BIG yay on swtor
    my exact tought.

so yeah il be playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    hmm maybe i should wander a bit more off the main questline so i lose that hallwayfeeling... looks like almost noone else has a problem with it so i guess i didn't explore enough
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    hmm maybe i should wander a bit more off the main questline so i lose that hallwayfeeling... looks like almost noone else has a problem with it so i guess i didn't explore enough
    Just out of curiosity, what level are you currently and what side do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Emmm since what time i can't create account and start posting on forum? I forgot to ask your permission?

Anyway i just share my point of view, if u don't think the same just skip post end read other hyped ppl Have fun dude no need to be rude.

Deleted
    Definitely going to keep playing:

- Lots of endgame PVE flashpoint and operation

- Awesome and epic crafting system with meaningful gear and potions/gadgets

- Long (very long) PVP grind with 3 tiers of gear

- Lots of great story and questing to go through with alts

Based on the release content alone, there is enough for a hardcore player to do for 6 months playing several hours a day.

There is more endgame content than in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unsure, really. I'm enjoying it so far...for the most part...but it's not exactly doing anything to dazzle me. The single best thing about it is the questing and storyline with all of the choices you can make, and I love it, but I don't know if it's enough to hold me. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    The hallways never go away

I'm level 50, and I never felt like I was out of hallways; even the most open zones like tatooine, were still just boxes inside of an "exhaustion zone", and the planets are all split up into bite-size chunks, filled with impassable terrain, where you have to take flight paths to get from one area to the other, again; over impassable terrain
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Awesome game, dinged 50 yesterday and got enough stuff to do that will hold me busy until the rest of my guild reach 50 and then go raiding.

I see a lot of people complaining about small things in this game. They're comparing a game that's a week out from launch to WoW after 6 years of patches and improvements and expecting it to be better. I don't want the game to be like WoW, I quit that game for a reason. Why would people play it for years just to quit and play the exact same game with a different story?

And no LFG is a good thing.

Yes I am. No doubt about it.

I will be. I'm not sure if I'll continue to play by time GW2 comes out, but as of now it's amazing. Sure, you can play it solo and make it feel like a solo game, but if you try to make it a multiplayer experience, which it doesn't take much effort to make it feel like such, it's a great multiplayer game as well.

PvP is amazing. The PvP is much more balanced than WoW's and it's only been out for a week now (2 if you count pre-order). And the PvP in SWTOR makes it very rewarding to play as a team instead of be a 1 man army, yet still rewarding the best player on the team with MVP votes and medals. Huttball for e-sport? I'd like to see it.

Instances are iffy. They don't really follow the standard guidelines of other keybind mmo's where, you have trash and you have bosses. Some instances are mostly trash, but the trash is more difficult. So to people coming from WoW expecting a system set up exactly like WoW's, I can see how you think instances suck. But if you've played other MMOs or just understand how the system is set up, then I think it's more enjoyable.

The only downside I see to this game is what other people have said. Each planet is basically an instance. It's not quite as bad as people are making it out to be saying they're just hallways. They're not. There's plenty of room to explore and wander, along with multiple angles to approach combat. However, it still isn't as "open world" feeling as I thought it would be. Still, if you look at the size of the zones and how many planets there are, SWTOR is about as big as Kalimdor, Azeroth, and Northrend combined (there was a map someone had posted showing the various video game worlds and how big they were in steps/miles).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Definitely NO.

For me soloplay is a giant + but i don't want to pay monthy for "KOTOR3 with chat".

I like Trooper story, like visual style, and gameplay.

But:
    1) Questing is horrible. (Tarsis 100+ quest just kills me. Thousands quest in every location, i thought that i'll love it but im 30 lvl and already sick of that. Yeah and i hate "*planetname* bonus series")
    2) Labyrinth cities like Nar Shaddar and Corus freaks me out.
    3) Falshpoints just suck. So hyped dialog system just don't don't seems to be interesting (Eylessys or whatever name first instance was very PRed during beta. But Hammer Station and 3rd just plain trash killing.
    And what is more important flashpoints are just simply dull. No need to move, just stay on one place and push random buttons)
    So PVE is dead for me.
    4) PVP dunno. Never liked PVP so this part of game just cutted for me.

So in conclusion i don't see any point why should i stay after i complete Trooper and Inquisitor storylines.

Oh I've read few post above and somthing come in mind.
    1) Maintenance by US clock. No thx i demand some refund
    2) No reason Lag Spikes.
    3) No reason dissconnects.
    1) Taris indeed has alot of quests but if your lvl 30 as you say you se that tatooine and the stuff after hit dont have alot of quests and you hop from planet to planet pretty quickly. Where is this in your little revieuw here~
    2) thats a personal preference i geus.
    3) you have only done esseles and hammerpoint have you? If you have been to Taral V, Mealstrom and such we will talk again. youl die in 1 hit if you stand still there my friend.

Your second 2) what lag spikes? i dont have any buy a better system.
    3) never experienced random discs..

Voted "not sure yet", not because I don't want to continue playing the game but because I'm not sure I'll enough have spare time to raid anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what level are you currently and what side do you play?
    17 bounty hunter, 17 smuggler and a 15 assassin. Still don't know what class i want to lvl :/
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I love the story in leveling on it's own and plan to level each class up to 50 eventually. Next to that I actually like the pvp, and I'm on 250ms constantly from Australia btw.
    Then there's the operations which can only improve with time and heroics etc that I have to give a go.

Love this game. Someone mentioned buginess being appalling after such a long beta and I laughed because I think of blizzard game launches and shudder knowing what it COULD be like. Honestly why go back to wow? I'm so bored of that game and recycled content and listening to people moan about vanilla servers. Most of the people I raided with on wow are now playing swtor and those that aren't are thinking about it. People who have tried the game and say they didn't enjoy it probably didn't find the right class (I can't stand imperial agent) for them.