Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If Slicing is going to mess up long term server economies (and that's theoretically, I'm not trying to claim that as fact), fixing it earlier makes sense. You might not consider it a "big bug", but you're not Bioware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    The pvp change isnt smart. it will just discourage ppl to stop playing. especially when they get fuck all for losing. seems they are "fixing" something that wasn't broken in the first place
    I agree with this, I play on Empire Mandlore the imm(something)... And we win some but we lose alot just because, A ITS ALWAYS HUTTBALL and no one throws the ball. They just sit there and die with it. I was not getting discouraged because i wasnt being punished for losing, now with these changes it feels like "NO YOU LOST YOU GET NOTHING" or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPM19tsp38
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    I agree with this, I play on Empire Mandlore the imm(something)... And we win some but we lose alot just because, A ITS ALWAYS HUTTBALL and no one throws the ball. They just sit there and die with it. I was not getting discouraged because i wasnt being punished for losing, now with these changes it feels like "NO YOU LOST YOU GET NOTHING" or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPM19tsp38
    Roll with a pre-made. derp that was hard.

Deleted
    Would be nice if they fixed the bug with my jedi knight.

Not being able to get my last 2 companions is fucking annoying.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Are you crazy?

Good changes, wow some people are really dense.

There are so many bugs in the game, so many game breaking bugs. There are entire story lines that can't advance. Instead of fixing those they listen to forum QQ by baddies that have no idea how the game plays. They work on slicing, and pvp rewards and ignore a ton of bugs. They have just become blizz 2.0
    Get this through your small head. Just knowing about a bug doesn't fix said bug. You still need to find out what is causing the bug, and then fix it so it doesn't create another bug. You have become just another mindless QQer.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are saying that people being unable to advance their story line is not a major issue? Well I have news for you, it's a pretty damn big issue to those people. They wanted to play the game, but they can't because they are being ignored. How about the fact that bugs are preventing some people from progressing at all. These aren't just one or two people, and they are pretty damn major to those that are affected by them like me. I'm sorry that you were pissed someone made more money than you with slicing. I'm sorry the pve crowed got their panties into a bunch because pvp players actually got a reward when they lost. I know that there was plenty of QQ, well congratulations. Those of us affected by game breaking nerfs can just say "hey, maybe next patch I will actually get to play". Oh, unless they decide to start nerfing classes next, and ignore more players.
    Exactly which story are you completely stuck on? I've seen level 50s of each class on my server so obviously it's not a MAJOR concern. If there are people stuck in their class story because of something specific then it will be fixed, you can't expect them to be able to fix every little thing instantly. Just because they can recognize a bug doesn't mean that can instantly go in and fix it, they are probably looking into the situation and having to find one error in what amounts to a huge amount of code. That isn't easy!

And all I said was that these small bugs will be taken care of in something akin to a hotfix and will probably not be put on the major patch notes.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2011-12-27 at 04:17 PM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I'm not mad, more disappointed. I was wondering how long it would take them to go the way of blizz, but honestly I expected longer from them. I mean this is BW, a company I have been a fan of since BG, and NWN. Nope, they proved to be exactly what everyone said they were. A bad blizz clone.

There are people that have been stuck for a week. They can't even advance. There are entire quest lines that are locked. Yet it's ignored because people want to complain about nerfing. I think anyone with their eyes open has already seen the writing on the wall. I think we all know exactly were the game is headed, and that makes me sad because it had potential to be really good.
    My eyes are also open, and the writing on my wall says "I see a fun future for myself in SWTOR". Unlike you, I wont speak for anyone but myself, and I would appreciate it if you wouldnt speak for me either.

I think you were just looking for something to blame Bioware for, so let me be the first to incorporate the old saying from WoW:

If you dont like the game, dont play it

And please stop trying to think you know how bug fixing works...you clearly have no clue whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Twi'lek hood fix?
    Wheres this at...?
    What fix?

Afaik twi'lek will not be able to wear hoods.

Deleted
    Good that i farmed slicing, good till it lasted, at least i got cash to buy the stuff i want when i reach 50 (closing in on half a million creds). gonna get a crafting skill after i buy the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Exactly which story are you completely stuck on? I've seen level 50s of each class on my server so obviously it's not a MAJOR concern. If there are people stuck in their class story because of something specific then it will be fixed, you can't expect them to be able to fix every little thing instantly. Just because they can recognize a bug doesn't mean that can instantly go in and fix it, they are probably looking into the situation and having to find one error in what amounts to a huge amount of code. That isn't easy!

And all I said was that these small bugs will be taken care of in something akin to a hotfix and will probably not be put on the major patch notes.
    I too have seen 50's of every class on my server.

I talked to a sith warrior the other day who said to me "Good luck with getting to 50 with the bugged quest on Voss" so after a minute or so of trying to get info on said bug on Voss, I find out that the bug is in fact just a pull of 3 Strong mobs. So, this guy considers a challenging pull in a questline to be a bug because he can't defeat it. After a bit more inquiring I found out he was using Jaesa and refuses to use Quinn because "he sucks".

Clearly some people consider different things to be bugs, when in fact they are not bugs at all but user errors.

You'd think you people would have learned this by now, but let me clear it up for you.

Bugs get classified as to how important they are to fix: Not So Important, Important and Really Important.
    Bugs also get classified as to how much time and effort it would take to fix them: Easy to fix, Average difficulty to fix, Hard to fix

This means the Easy to fix bugs get fixed first, because they're easy to fix and you get a good return on the time spent. They take less time, less developer effort and it lets them scratch one more bug off the list of things to do.

It doesn't mean they aren't also working on the harder to fix ones. It's not like it's just one guy locked in a cubicle responsible for fixing every bug in the game. It just means that they can't snap their fingers and have it fixed in 15 minutes.

That said, they also prioritize the Important bugs. The ones that make it difficult for people to play, or progress, or things like that. So while they're working on the easy ones, they're also working on the important ones.

What does this mean? Early bug fixes will include mostly bugs that are quick to fix, regardless of importance. If the important ones happen to be easy fixes, they'll especially be done. It also means that you won't see a lot of fixes to unimportant bugs if they're not easily solved.

This is the same way it works for employees in almost every type of business. If you have a high volume of things to do, you do the easy stuff first to get it out of the way because they generally make up the majority of the things you have. Then you get to the harder stuff that's more time consuming afterwards. The exception is if the time consuming stuff has a deadline coming up - you put some of the easier stuff on hold until you can finish the hard stuff up, because its importance trumps the time-return investment of the easy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    You'd think you people would have learned this by now, but let me clear it up for you.

Bugs get classified as to how important they are to fix: Not So Important, Important and Really Important.
    Bugs also get classified as to how much time and effort it would take to fix them: Easy to fix, Average difficulty to fix, Hard to fix

This means the Easy to fix bugs get fixed first, because they're easy to fix and you get a good return on the time spent. They take less time, less developer effort and it lets them scratch one more bug off the list of things to do.

It doesn't mean they aren't also working on the harder to fix ones. It's not like it's just one guy locked in a cubicle responsible for fixing every bug in the game. It just means that they can't snap their fingers and have it fixed in 15 minutes.

That said, they also prioritize the Important bugs. The ones that make it difficult for people to play, or progress, or things like that. So while they're working on the easy ones, they're also working on the important ones.

What does this mean? Early bug fixes will include mostly bugs that are quick to fix, regardless of importance. If the important ones happen to be easy fixes, they'll especially be done. It also means that you won't see a lot of fixes to unimportant bugs if they're not easily solved.

This is the same way it works for employees in almost every type of business. If you have a high volume of things to do, you do the easy stuff first to get it out of the way because they generally make up the majority of the things you have. Then you get to the harder stuff that's more time consuming afterwards. The exception is if the time consuming stuff has a deadline coming up - you put some of the easier stuff on hold until you can finish the hard stuff up, because its importance trumps the time-return investment of the easy stuff.
    See kids ? This is how things work in the real world we all live in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post

Excellent post

If only everyone understood this!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I was hoping they would fix Corso in this patch. Ugh he is so annoying with Harpoon shot resetting all of the time.

lol The only "gamebreaking" bugs are the desynch and ability wiff bugs imo.

Even then, I'm still enjoying the game. Just saying...

slicing Well there goes my free credits.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Yes, im SURE BioWare arent aware of any other bugs sir...Now they will just sit back and watch, cause now the game is perfect.

Jesus, get real man. Bug fixing in something this large is something that never ever stops. People should know that by now

Some bugs are easier to fix than others, and it would make no sense to not fix some of the "smaller" ones because you can do that quickly, while working on larger ones. Or would you rather wait for a HUGE patch that fixes every bug ? (hint...wont happen, ever)
    Well the issue is after 4 years of development and then we go live with so many core game bugs, what have they been doing for 4 years? From a network architecture standpoint it's more art than science insuring that you've got the right amount of bandwidth, servers and personnel to handle the traffic. OK, that's tricky business at launch and their approach was solid.

However, looking at the list of issues these are the types of bugs which should have been fixed while in beta, not post launch. The game was in beta for what a year? And there are still core problems with the game? Makes you wonder how god awful it was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    Well the issue is after 4 years of development and then we go live with so many core game bugs, what have they been doing for 4 years? From a network architecture standpoint it's more art than science insuring that you've got the right amount of bandwidth, servers and personnel to handle the traffic. OK, that's tricky business at launch and their approach was solid.

However, looking at the list of issues these are the types of bugs which should have been fixed while in beta, not post launch. The game was in beta for what a year? And there are still core problems with the game? Makes you wonder how god awful it was a year ago.
    Just because a game (or any piece of software) is beta tested, doesnt mean it will launch free of bugs. And as you pointed out yourself "Makes you wonder how god awful it was a year ago", would suggest that every beta client (this will also apply to the retail clients coming) was better and less buggy than the last one - which in term is the way software works in general

Slicing fix was a long time coming that prof was so unbalanced.

No BH fix though, sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Slicing fix was a long time coming that prof was so unbalanced.

No BH fix though, sadface
    I really don't think slicing was imbalanced. I gave up the ability to make epic crafts in order to get some extra credits.