Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wait wait wait! Is this correct?

At some point we create a surname for our character aka Legacy BUT all our alts share that surname?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, yes it is on that server atleast i do not know if it will be applied to both empire and republic

Right
    Although it's possible to turn the visibility off

Deleted
    yes, that's correct. It happens when you finish Act 1 of your class quests which happens around level 30.

On that server.

All of your characters on the same server.
    You can also choose to hide the surname, or make it display below the character name as <The X Legacy>

Yes it is true When you finish the first act of your class quests.

Your Alts can have the Surname shown as a last name or below your name like - 'Of the ***** Legacy'

All the alts on that server share that name. One character has to finish Act 1 which happens around level 30 that's when you unlock your legacy but as I said its a server specific not account bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    yes, thats correct.. it can be displayed 2 ways on the character.. as a surnname eg.. Lord Sinuous Thunderblood or under the characters name as a title eg...

Lord Sinuous
    The thunderblood legacy.

You can also turn it off completely so it doesnt display on your toons at all.

God damn man, not only does your topic title give us no clue what the hell you will be asking but you asked a question that is answered in two topics still on the front page clearly labeled to be discussing the topic.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-new-character
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...haracters-name

Deleted
    Err from an RP point of view isn't that kind of weird? Having all our characters sharing the same surname

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That is correct, though you don't get it for a while. You need to complete your class quests first to activate it, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Err from an RP point of view isn't that kind of weird? Having all our characters sharing the same surname
    RP wise, that means that all your alts are either family members or related to the family (a la mafia style).

Deleted
    I still find it a tad confusing but umm ok...Cheers

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    RP wise, that means that all your alts are either family members or related to the family (a la mafia style).
    Despite been different species...

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find it a tad confusing but umm ok...Cheers

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 02:49 PM ----------

Despite been different species...
    Yes

not exactly the same but you get the idea. Actually since people complain about the different races just being re-skinned re-colored humans, different strokes somehow feels appropriate in this context.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you can turn it off for RP, if that sort of thing bothers you.

Deleted
    I'll simply improvise

Deleted
    I more think the eventual idea of the Legacy name will be to prevent level 1 trolls. Even if it's not displayed there's probably a way to find someone's legacy name (or plans to do so so by looking them up in a SWTOR armory if that happens), so if you see a level 1 spamming trade with hate or sexist speech, you can look them up and see who their main is.

If that is the ultimate idea that could be nice, should hopefully prevent a lot of trolling, in game and on the forums.

I had some qualms about this at first since I rolled on a RP server, but I made peace with it after learning more about the sith purebloods, which is the race my marauder is and my sorc/assassin will be. I decided that both my marauder and eventual inquisitor will be brothers. Both following in the steps as far as other purebloods have gone with having two names, technically.

Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, etc.

Now my other two alts will probably be the same, being related in some way. Just trying to decide what faction to play them on, cause watching the cinematics with the trooper and smuggler made me remember how awesome they are.