Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    That video is awesome! "I know the yellow power ranger and Richard Nixon" pure LOL material!!
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

That guy got served, that's not how you treat customers.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Deleted
    Seems like karma catched up with this guy.

If I had a company I'd be almost sickly political correct, in fear of losing business.
    Last edited by mmoc3e0efa8d7a; 2011-12-29 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy seriously sounds like a raging 15 year old. I mean, honestly.

I hope people will post updates to this saga. I'm only 1/4 the way through my popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that the person(s) from Ocean Marketing realizes that when you are sending emails from the work; you're representing the company, not just yourself. Anything you say will effect the image of the company! Nuff said, some people just don't have the required social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroxen View Post
    Checked out an article on Penny Arcade after several of my friends linked it on Facebook. It's a long read, but damn... It's worth it.

Read the full story here:

Long story short:
    A company who claims to "believe in the power of great relationships, founded on honor, accountability and being responsible – and we value being there for people and their business --- when it matters most" (source: oceanmarketinginc.com/Aboutus.php), proves they do the complete opposite.

This just proves that the power sits with the customer. Not the company.

And before anyone complain about link-failure... I haven't posted enough on these forums to be allowed to post links. So you'll have to manually copy-paste the links into the address-bar of your web-browser.
    All PR is good PR. It would be best to have positive PR but a massive amount of negative PR trumps a little positive PR. I wouldn't be surprised if these controllers sell out for a long time simply because there are many more people now looking at the product.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    All PR is good PR. It would be best to have positive PR but a massive amount of negative PR trumps a little positive PR. I wouldn't be surprised if these controllers sell out for a long time simply because there are many more people now looking at the product.
    I would. They are controllers for disabled gamers which is a niche market as it is and would require quite a bit of investigation into what would work for you based off your disability. This isn't going to make them sell any more controllers, but it very much could make them sell less.

I've been using the "All PR is good PR" a lot lately. It really is true.

That's a pretty disgusting way to treat a customer who has a legitimate concern.

Paul Christoforo and his Ocean Distribution, aka Ocean Marketing, has been booted by N-Control (the guys behind the Avenger-controller).

Here's a part of the press-release:
    Miami, FL--- Wednesday, December 28, 2011--- N-Control, makers of the Avenger Controller accessory, have categorically dismissed third party contractor Paul Christoforo and his marketing operation, known alternately as Ocean Distribution or Ocean Marketing. This separation from Mr. Christoforo extends to all business interests of N-Control, its founders, and its officers. Mr. Christoforo does not and never did own, in whole or in part, a stake in N-Control LLC nor its affiliated companies (Kotkin Enterprises, iControl LLC).
    You can read the full press-release here.

If it is true that Paul Christoforo is now completely out of N-Control's picture, I'd say that the controller deserve another chance, simply because of its intended users. Having checked out proper reviews of the controller-mod, it does seem to be the best (if not the only) controller modification made for gamers with disabilities.
    Last edited by Zaroxen; 2011-12-30 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Fixing links

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroxen View Post
    Paul Christoforo and his Ocean Distribution, aka Ocean Marketing, has been booted by N-Control (the guys behind the Avenger-controller).

Here's a part of the press-release:

You can read the full press-release here: www . engadget.com/2011/12/29/n-control-dismisses-marketing-consultant-discounts-ps3-avenger/

If it is true that Paul Christoforo is now completely out of N-Control's picture, I'd say that the controller deserve another chance, simply because of its intended users. Having checked out proper reviews of the controller-mod, it does seem to be the best (if not the only) controller modification made for gamers with disabilities.
    I'm glad to hear that this asshole's actions won't negatively reflect the controller mod. When I first heard of this thing I thought I hope this guy loses everything, but not at the cost of helping people with disabilities.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Just when you thought the a-hat had been enough of a d-bag, he turns it up a notch and takes N-Controls various email-, twitter- and other digital accounts as hostage, trying to extort money from them.

You can read about it at EscapistMagazine.

And now after Moisés Chiullan (the new PR and marketing guy for N-Control) posted an AMA request on Reddit, our *cough* dear friend Paul has become very forthcoming on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerControl
    Happy to report that Mr. Christoforo has abruptly become very forthcoming regarding digital assets that he was previously withholding.
    Source

I wonder if Mr. Christoforo will keep delivering fails till it takes him to prison.

Afaik, impersonation and extortion can be considered a crime in certain countries and states.

He sure is digging his own grave. *Shakes Head*

He gets my vote for asshole of the year award.

Edit: Can't believe he has a wife and 2 kids.