Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Lols this is starting to get out of hand.3 hours delay already just for some bug fixed i dont even wanna know what will happen when big patch comes out.
    This is their first ever patch (in live). Even though WoW has been around for 7 years they still have unexpected problems during maintenance occasionally (and not just on patch days). If this is resolved within a few hours you cannot say they're not doing a good job when some other games that have been around for years and have had a lot of time to refine their patching process etc. still can't deal with problems that fast. They're working on it, that's all you need to know. You'd have reason to complain when the servers have been offline for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorian View Post
    You'd think people would be used to extended maintenance by now.
    As long as people have a reason to bitch they will, me I'm in Alaska and it's only 9AM so I'm going to make some Bacon, watch a movie and just watch for when the servers come online, no biggie Also I'm sure it's been mentioned 1000x over but it's a new MMO, give them a break as they have a lot of bugs to iron out

Quote Originally Posted by dinislam93 View Post
    Stopped reading your comment after the first paragraph. You completely missed the point. It is not that any of our lives revolve around SWTOR (some may do IDK), but it is that I paid for the service, which Bioware are effectively not providing, and thus, Bioware are stealing from me.

Prove me otherwise.
    When you accepted the terms in the EULA you accepted there may be unexpected periods where the game is unavailable to play. It's not theft if you've already agreed to these conditions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enubis99 View Post
    Originally Posted by evermind
    The odd thing would be, no-one accepts that line of reasoning on any other product. Imagine buying a car which would have to be returned to the shop (without compensation) every week, during the first few weeks of its life. Or a TV. Nevermind your notebook or smartphone. Or a service like a hotel room or some hired entertainment.
    In each of these cases we expect the provider or hired service to work, with only _very_ minor hiccups. Yet for IT, there seem to be a rule of "special dispensation".
    Just because it has become commonplace does not mean that it is right. So please tell, why is IT so special?
    Because, Dear Evermind, programming is shitty work and causes alot of expected shit and people have grown complacent into believing "They need their time" and this isn't helping programming efficiency at all in any case. Which right now we are suffering from.

Like how their UPDATES consist of telling us they will Update us next hour. What kind of crappy update is this?
    Big surprise. Having worked in the legal field for 15 years, I can vouch for people going over endless pages of clauses and caveats with a fine comb, to avoid just such SNAFUs. Because there, the result of "bugs" is "liability". And no, speaking from experience, competent programmers usually charge the same rates as competent legal counsels... the motivation to be thorough lies solely in the consequences of a SNAFU.

For software, the problems incurred rests firmly with the customer/client....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    When you accepted the terms in the EULA you accepted there may be unexpected periods where the game is unavailable to play. It's not theft if you've already agreed to these conditions.
    To bust a common bubble of misconception : EULAs/AGBs cannot one-sidedly negate basic customer rights. Even if corporate lawyers might want you to believe that^^
    Last edited by mmocb85e52b423; 2011-12-27 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evermind View Post
    The odd thing would be, no-one accepts that line of reasoning on any other product. Imagine buying a car which would have to be returned to the shop (without compensation) every week, during the first few weeks of its life. Or a TV. Nevermind your notebook or smartphone. Or a service like a hotel room or some hired entertainment.
    In each of these cases we expect the provider or hired service to work, with only _very_ minor hiccups. Yet for IT, there seem to be a rule of "special dispensation".
    Just because it has become commonplace does not mean that it is right.

So please tell, why is IT so special ?
    What the HELL?!

Okay, genius, this is not an item that is meant to be used by 1-3 family members. This is an online game. Cars are tested for safety by smashing them into walls. There is nothing equivalent for a video game, the closest you can get is a server stress test. You are comparing apples and oranges here, and it's frankly terrible. Cars are not released before everything has been tested hundreds of times because doing so could KILL THE USER AND ANYONE NEARBY. I'd like to see the game that could do that. Also, online experience being used by millions of players changes things, it brings to light new things that didn't show up before. A car stays the same, barring basic wear and tear, because it is used, driven, by one person at a time.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    This thread is going to get ridiculously funny real fast. In about 4 hours, when Europeans start going to sleep and the Americans haul their overweight self out of bed to play. Or try to play.

So far for our less intelligent American brethren to act all high and mighty from the balcony of their ivory tower. I sincerely hope the servers will be down for another 12 hours, it would grant me way too much Schadenfreude. You lads have been laughing at Europeans since page 1, time to return the favour. Only a few hours left. Tit for tat
    You know what? The sun will still rise tomorrow. If I don't play the game today, then I'll do something else. This is not a life or death situation. For those of you who are whining about losing out on time they have paid for, first of all, I guarantee you that you'd be griping if the service went to crap because they didn't do weekly maintenance, or if they didn't implement patches to update the game. Guess what? Someone is playing all of the time, so someone, somewhere, is being forced to take a break. For those threatening to stop playing, go ahead. It leaves my queue one person shorter. I'd rather have a strong community of 500k that a bunch of whiners like are present on these forums that have been infesting WoW for years.

Seriously, if you all would grow up, think about this logically, and re-read this entire thread, it is made for comedy gold. This is absolutely ridiculous, and all of you are overreacting to nothing. There is absolutely zero perspective in most of this thread.

Are people these days really this emotional about something that is not a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You don't even know what the issue is and you are just blaming random 'IT'? The sort of update you got, is the sort of info they have. What do you want to hear? Some 'IT' jargon that you can misinterpret and complain about?
    If you wish to troll, read everything before trolling.
    Do you even know what IT is?

Mass hysteria!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    You won't be getting it for around 24 hour per month, and you knew that before buying it. Maintenance. Each week. Learn to deal with it, my "IT" friend.
    Well ye the difference is that with other mmo's we dont notice it, all the maintenance is done at around 3 am...if they plan to do maintenance at this time every week then its a major fuck up for Europeans.

I dont expect people like you do understand anyway, Bioware have so many people ''brainwashed'' that they could get away with doing anything...fanboys will be fanboys.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2011-12-27 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    FYI scots are not a race. What like when the 3 celtic countries say they will support any other team facing England . Is that racist as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enubis99 View Post
    TobiasX

Very well said.

Originally Posted by TheWerebison
    I love humanity sometimes. People are working hard on fixing something, something which will probably make our play experience smoother, and all people can do is complain. I may be part bison, but this makes me ashamed of my human side, dangit

Seriously, if you bought dinner and it's cooked crappily, the restaurant offers to cook you up another meal but you have to wait 3 hours, would you not complain? Stop trying to be self-righteous people.
    It's a childish point of view that Bioware is a friend that needs to be defended from the evil costumers when they blunder.
    I do think that with computers it's a bit different,and I don't mind it if they need 2 hours because they can't handle a mini patch.
    Bioware never convinced me that they are competent with this MMO (neither did EA).

How ever let them fail during the night and early morning.
    I kinda looked forward to be able to play this new game on my free day, but hey got to get up early tomorrow so GG.
    Last edited by mmoc23cc6544d0; 2011-12-27 at 06:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Did WoW have any serious competition? It was a long time ago but I don't remember any.
    Everquest was still popular the first year of wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It's an extended maintenance, big deal! It happens. I have plenty of awful memories of World of Warcraft maintenance, but in the end...
    They're doing it to perfect the game for our sake.

If they need a few more hours more, or even a day, I'd let them have that if it means that time is being put to use by perfecting the game.
    Yup im on that boat, ive seen smaller change f***up a smaller game so imagine an mmo, i should probably be the pissed off consumer since i havent played more than 2 hours in 3 days but ive found other source of fun while waiting, dont tell me you guys didnt get anything this Christmas that you can have fun with?
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-12-27 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is their first ever patch (in live). Even though WoW has been around for 7 years they still have unexpected problems during maintenance occasionally (and not just on patch days). If this is resolved within a few hours you cannot say they're not doing a good job when some other games that have been around for years and have had a lot of time to refine their patching process etc. still can't deal with problems that fast. They're working on it, that's all you need to know. You'd have reason to complain when the servers have been offline for days.
    WoW doesn't extend maintenance for cupcake patches. This first SWTOR patch is doing absolutely nothing. Imagine when they have to put in a "real" patch, such as a content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Did WoW have any serious competition? It was a long time ago but I don't remember any.
    Yes there were Star Wars Galaxies and Everquest 2 which both were more hardcore MMOs. WoW was more ore less the only one casual friendly MMO out there where you could achieve something without spending hundreds of hours playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    WoW doesn't extend maintenance for cupcake patches. This first SWTOR patch is doing absolutely nothing. Imagine when they have to put in a "real" patch, such as a content patch.

This is old school WoW, I thought this is what people wanted.

IMO it's funny people complaining that this doesn't happen in WoW. When WoW launched their maintenance times were even worse, vanilla WoW had maintenance at Friday afternoon's. When the people got home from work , ready for weekend you had to wait till servers got up. Even better, these same servers were placed in the EU.

Now SWTor has a global system, they have taken a time frame when the least amount of people are playing worldwide. Usually EU people would be at work or at school, so they wouldn't notice the downtime. And i think US people would mostly be sleeping. Just because a lot of people happen to have vacation now it sucks.

People saying have different times for EU/US. Yea, sure, the people playing on servers that would be down go to the other timezone and play further on that.This would cause queues and other things on the servers.I'd rather have a bit inconvenient time frame that queue for my server.

So get over it. They are trying their best to please everyone. Gues what? They can't , but at least they are trying.

PS, I'm from Eu, got vacation as well. So i haven't been able to play all day as well. Not happy about it but i understand their reasoning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Not much else to say but "Welcome to the MMO Genre, if unscheduled downtime is going to make you cry so much, please leave now before you spend too much money on a genre that is simply not for you."
    At which point was i crying so much about downtime ? as opposed to giving a factual comment about lack of communication in regards to customer service/support?
    and that it is a valid reason why alot of people may chose not to play anymore.
    MMO or not a service that is being paid for should meet a better standard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patches are required by an MMO, but great idea deploying the first one on the holiday season. I suppose they can't please everyone, though.

Lets hope they take the path of the Blizz side and allow for more hot fixes instead of these extended maintenance days.

BW needs to award me with all of the Datacrons from the planets I have completed since that was what I was going to do today, go Datacron hunting!!
    #TeamTinkers

Deleted
    PANIC PANIC THE WORLDS GONNA END, CATS SLEEPING WITH DOGS , HELL ON EARTH , DAMNATION - LOL all because Swtor has downtime maintenance lol

You would think there wasnt more important things happening in the world lol

Name some things more important that have happened in 2011 then Swtor downtime maintenance .... and dont forget world peace. Unless your a scot or welsh or irish :-) Then pox on you :-)