Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World first opinion.

I don't play wow anymore, quit prior to 4.3. I just wanted to give my opinion on 4.3 world first achievement and stuff. It's gonna be short and sweet.

In my mind I see Blood Legion as the 'true' world first champions of 4.3. Why? Well look at what Stars did back in 4.2: they faction changed to reset their raid lockout, giving them an unfair advantage. I see the current system in Korea of 2 raid lockouts a week giving Korean guilds more of an unfair advantage. We saw wowprogress shun Stars out of their ranking system for 4.2, with the same logic shouldn't the Korean guilds be seperated from other guilds around the world. Korean guilds had a massive advantaged compared to the others, and therefore I see Blood Legion as my personal World First.

FYI: I'm not an American loving American US world first cos I bum my country, I'm not even from America.
    I don't hate Korea, I'm a big Starcraft fan and I even like Korea as a country so I'm not bashing them.
    I'm bashing Blizzard, cos they ruined wow c:
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Deleted
    Learn your facts, They got 2 lockouts per week in FIRELANDS since they got the patch later. It does NOT apply to Dragon Soul.

Stars and that korean guild did not really have an advantage. The top EU and US guilds are pretty well kitted out with staffs already. The double lockout only applied to old raids and NOT to DS, and what stars did in the previous tier is fairly irrelevant now. That was in the past.
    The KR world first is as legit as any other, and let's face it, Paragon/Method would probably have gotten it if they didn't get banned, sure they got banned and didn't get it, so we can't know for sure...
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

it's been said a thousand times that the double lockout thing for korean servers doesn't apply to t13. i've heard they only got, what, 7 extra firelands lockouts from it? not that big of an advantage.

edit: beaten to it. point still stands. maybe repetition will dispel the BS

a guy can dream, can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Learn your facts, They got 2 lockouts per week in FIRELANDS since they got the patch later. It does NOT apply to Dragon Soul.
    This and even if they get 2 resets , it would give them less time on a boss than EU/US kills , assuming they wanna do it fresh the next week for gear.

Also , Stars got forced out of FL after they already had killed Shan hc , which didnt give them an major advantage really , since most of the world firsts aint about gear , but skills.
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2011-12-27 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Never in my OP did I say anything about double lockout in 4.3, the massive egar enhancement from 4.2 double lockout helped them massively.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    Never in my OP did I say anything about double lockout in 4.3, the massive egar enhancement from 4.2 double lockout helped them massively.
    Every single core raider of every single top guild have full BiS gear, so that is 'massively' false.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

I don't play wow anymore, quit prior to 4.3. I just wanted to give my opinion on 4.3 world first achievement and stuff. It's gonna be short and sweet.

In my mind I see Blood Legion as the 'true' world first champions of 4.3. Why? Well look at what Stars did back in 4.2: they faction changed to reset their raid lockout, giving them an unfair advantage. I see the current system in Korea of 2 raid lockouts a week giving Korean guilds more of an unfair advantage. We saw wowprogress shun Stars out of their ranking system for 4.2, with the same logic shouldn't the Korean guilds be seperated from other guilds around the world. Korean guilds had a massive advantaged compared to the others, and therefore I see Blood Legion as my personal World First.

FYI: I'm not an American loving American US world first cos I bum my country, I'm not even from America.
    I don't hate Korea, I'm a big Starcraft fan and I even like Korea as a country so I'm not bashing them.
    I'm bashing Blizzard, cos they ruined wow c:
    I really wish people would understand the 2 lockout system in Kor and such correctly. It's only for FL and other stuff that's not DS and there's no way they made any extra staves when the double lock was made. Did it finish off some faster? probably but you couldn't make one from scratch in the time allotted.

I don't hate Korea, I'm a big Starcraft fan
    LOL /10chars

I...wait ya know what, this is just too stupid to reply to with an explination so I will just say.

No.

Good for you.

The double lockouts were only for Firelands, and only for the last few weeks. Why would STARS not count, just because they "cheated" in the last tier?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

opinion

1 즐거운공격대 (25) KR-Kargath 8/8 (H) FACT

kthxbye

Nice opinions.

Last time i checked, world firsts are about who got the first kill in the world, not about what your opinion is.

Thx bye.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

And again... get your facts straight, they got FL later than we did plus it was quite late.
    If anything Blood Legion are the biggest losers of this race, couldnt even do it with their 25m guild grp, had to get players from different guilds to help them.
    Real winners are KIN Raiders (즐거운공격대), period.

You guys know that the "real" Hardmode isnt defeated atm ? ("reverse" Madness Kill, like reverse twins or yogg+0 instead of +1) Even Spine and Ragnaros was harder then Normalmode Hardmode Madness with more HP/Dmg, wait for a Kill where they select Platform 3->1->4->2 instead of 2->4->1->3 this makes the Encounter much harder then Spine and perhaps Ragnaros.
    Also there could drop Heart of the Aspects atleast after some speculations here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...tch-4.3-Mounts

Getting back on topic, I dont agree with the op, for me they got world first fair and square and deserved it. However what remains to be seen is if they can consistently do it in the next few tiers to show they are not just a 1 hit wonder, pulling ahead when the equals had been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Good for you.

The double lockouts were only for Firelands, and only for the last few weeks. Why would STARS not count, just because they "cheated" in the last tier?
    OP doesn't realize that all the top guilds exploit or at least try to

Why do people like to stir up stupid controversy? Blood Legion got beaten by not 1, not 2, but 3 guilds. World 4th. Sucks for them, cry more.

Deleted
    okay, quickly going to respond to this.

1st point: What stars did - That was 4.2, they exploited in 4.2 release and lost out for it. Why should they be permanently punished for it? under that system almost every end game raiding guild would have a black mark against their record making them eligable for world firsts

2nd point: 2 raid lockouts. This was only for firelands due to later release date. yes this may have given them more legendary staves, but if you read the interview with Kin Riaders they also stated they ran multiple alt runs at HC difficulty to get multiple staves at the same time. There was nothing stopping any other guild in EU or US doing this, and they did do this to maximise the number of staves.

3rd point: 4.3 patch was actually released in US first by 1 day compared to KR, TW or EU, therefore they had an extra day of progress before the other regions. Does that mean they should have their entirely seperate race and not be included in the world race because they had more time to raid HC modes first?

overall i would say Congratulations to Kin Raiders, they did an excellent job and proved to the world that its not just an EU/US dominated game and that the eastern regions are becoming true players in the PVE races.