Thread: new monitor

new monitor

recently purchased a new ASUS Essentio, before christmas holidays I was using my 43"sony bravia as my monitor playing at a comfortable 130fps in instances. I purchased a LG E2360 on boxing day because they were on sale. I hook it up and now im running 4 fps on ultra.

Can i please get some insight on how to resolve this issue

10+ Year Old Account
    You had a lower resolution monitor, the size is irrelevant. When you stepped up to 1920x1080, you increased the resolution, and therefor your framerate dropped.
    - http://askville.amazon.com/RESOLUTIO...estId=13661027

To resolve it, buy a lower resolution monitor, lower your settings, or get a new graphics card.

what sort of price range am i looking at for a graphics card that will get me back to what i was at when i was playing at 1366x768?

10+ Year Old Account
    For full ultra at 1920x1080p? I don't know, try turning your shadows off. That's the easiest way to increase performance. Otherwise, a 6850 is a decent cheap card. Hunt around for prices. You won't play FULL ultra, but you'll be decently close.

meh i can live with high, its mostly the view distance and particle density that i enjoyed from ultra
    is this what your talking about? sorry for bothering im a software person so pc builds arent my forte.

youve been much help though

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. 6870 if you want a bit more performance, if you have some more money to spend, otherwise that's about as good as it's going to get.