Deleted

should I overclock

Hey guys I got a new pc and I was wondering if I should overclock atm I don't suffer any performance issues but since everyone talks about it id I thought I'd ask I got an 1100T amd sixcore with a stock cooler should I overclock or just leave it as it is (3,4GHz) ?? Help me out and please also explain how overclocking works and what it will actually do I am gonna buy bf3 soon and atm I'm playing wow at 60 fps and 25ish in most 25m encounters thanks in advance !

Before you do anything you would need an aftermarket cooler.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Don't overclock just because people on internet forums are obsessed with it. Overclocking is for enthusiasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't overclock just because people on internet forums are obsessed with it. Overclocking is for enthusiasts.
    Alright but can someone explain what overclocking exactly does and how it works?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valedo View Post
    Alright but can someone explain what overclocking exactly does and how it works?
    Overclocking takes your processor's core speeds beyond what it is capable of doing at "stock".

In order to do it, you need to be patient and diligent. Every % increases on your cpu's speed translates directly to a % gain in WoW on CPU related items. (namely minimum FPS).

If on your settings you achieve 40 FPS at the minimum, for instance, and achieve a 10% OC, you're now looking at ~44 minimum FPS. (this is not 100% accurate, as it can be related to other issues, but is the best simple example).

In order to OC, you need to find a guide, and have the patience to stress test your CPU. You need software to monitor temps, you need to be comfortable in a BIOS, and you MUST have an aftermarket CPU cooler. The last thing you want to do is fry your chip.

If you are happy with your CPU, don't OC. If you want more out of it, OC is a very viable option.

Essentially overclocking increases the amount of CPU cycles per second. The more cycles, the more processing your processor can do which will turn into higher FPS during gaming if said gaming is currently maxing out your processor.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Essentially overclocking increases the amount of CPU cycles per second. The more cycles, the more processing your processor can do which will turn into higher FPS during gaming if said gaming is currently maxing out your processor.
    My cpu is always at 20% load and 34C so I shouldn't OC then thanks guys

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valedo View Post
    My cpu is always at 20% load and 34C so I shouldn't OC then thanks guys
    Unfortunately, this isn't a great school of thought - I can guarantee that you aren't 20% on the cores that WoW is using during intense phases, especially in 25 man raiding.

However, it's something you have to be VERY comfortable with doing, and if you don't want to OC, don't do it.

<3 and hugs.