Negative experiences with guild groups in LFR?

I just read the topic about the loot council and i remembered one thing that happened this week on LFR. So this is what happened:

I joined a group for the Fall of Deathwing. At first it seemed like a normal pretty ok group. On the trash of Ultraxion a shaman suddenly died in the flames and went offline and one player said that we need to kick him for that. Immediately some people started defending the shaman and sayin he only dc's and don't kick him. That is completely normal and i would have done that too if it happened to my friend. That was when i started to inspect people and noticed they were a guild group of 6-7 players. Everything was ok at this point.

When the trash was over, suddenly i got a vote kick option to kick the player who suggested the kick for the shaman. It did not go trough. Then it happened 4 more times before Ultraxion but still did not succeed. We killed Ultraxion. Right after it was possible, the spam started again. Some people including me started getting pissed off and some expressed it on the chat. Very soon the vote kick spam changed to those players. The argue in the chat revealed that the guild was sending those vote kicks. Warmaster encounter starts and we kill him. Then the warrior that was most loud in the chat before warmaster was vote kicked succcesfully. He, ofc, had friends in the raid and they started to fight back. The vote kick spam started but so did Spine of deathwing encounter.

The encounter was so messed up that it was pretty funny. People were protesting against the kick spam from that guild and killed every single corruption that spawned. We had like 15 big adds running around and eventually after 5+ minutes wiped it (yeh did not even know the adds do so little damage in LFR). I started to bash the guild group with some others for stupidity with the kicking shit and blaimed them. Me and some others got voted out too after that. I had my laugh with them and did not want to complete the instance with them so it was only a good thing. But i was wondering has anyone had similar experiences with guild groups trying to control who gets kicked?

I haven't yet but it doesn't surprise me. Guild groups in randoms are usually like that so I wouldn't expect lfr to be much different.

When 2 or more members of my raid group arent in time for raid, im ussually proposing to make LFR until they come and we NEVER EVER have this kind of issues...

Az!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Only issue I had was with a Shaman being AFK the entire Madness fight. He stood there before the fight, apparently left, died midfight for just standing on the original island and taking AOE dmg. Then when the fight was ending was battle rezzed and rolled on loot.

Other than that most of my LFR experiences have been good. A shame I notice that the curse of the bads and loot is still apparent here.

Deleted
    Only negative experiences I have are the kids who cry about "bads" while all their gear is incorrect and their performance is average at best. I don't have entitlement issues so seeing loot go these people or those they complain about doesn't bother me, just their attitudes which I only have to put up with till the bosses are dead anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only negative experiences that I have had in PTR, and after the launch is one thing. All the Want to be Leet LFR people. Especially when they have low dps, and gear that is well...just sub par. But it is the LFR, so whatever. I "right click", "ignore" and problem solved!

Other than those daycare escapees, I love the LFR.

I've had the same thing happen - someone AFK the whole fight, but lucky makes it back in time for the loot rolls.
    Reminds me a lot of the people in traffic - where you are waiting in a backed up exit lane - and you have folks that just skip all the traffic and force their car in at the last possible second on the merge. Fuck those people and fuck the people in LFR doing this afk shit. Can't wait to see what this behavior will escalate to in a few months.
    Last edited by salamala; 2011-12-28 at 03:07 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had two instances like that. Once I was on my Enhancement Shaman and I joined and got in at Madness. We pulled and wiped on the last arm because people weren't targetting tentacles. We looked at DPS, I was #1 and last was a fire mage at 8k that lived the entire fight. Obviously we died due to dps and I suggested kicking the mage. I was rude nor did I make fun of him. Next thing I know I'm in SW. The mage was part of a guild group and they kicked me. SOmeone else from my server was in the group and sent me a tell saying that they were bragging and lol'ing at it. I didn't care, 10 minutes later I was in a group at Ultraxion which is where I wanted to start anyway.

The second bad Guild Group experience I had was where about 6 people from the same guild where in Fall of Deathwing and I noticed they all had legendaries and amazing gear. They were also the top 3 and bottom 3 dps. 3 of them were boxing an additional toon but the extra toon wasn't really doing anything other than auto attack (as casters). I pointed this out and they said they were 5/8 heroic and they can do whatever the hell they wanted and I just left it made me so mad. Oh well, live and learn.