Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitear View Post
    Some classes don't have dmg reduction talent and survive just fine... Now if your willing to give up small dps talent then guess min/maxing isn't for you. Aswell if your "Slow" to move out certain things then that is whole other concern. Most things listed are stack phase dmg encounters no? (i maybe wrong on it if so then my bad) So then you should survive and be fine even without the talent for spelldmg reduction
    You don't lose any dps talents to grab 2 pts in pers rather than 2 pts in fungal which is what they were discussing. Also, any damage reduc you can have while working on progression is helpful. Just because you can survive without it doesn't mean you shouldn't take it lol like you lose nothing... I really don't get why people argue about pers, sure it's not a lot but it's something, which is better than the nothing you'd get with other pts.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 10:03 PM ----------

Then don't stand in crap and avoid it properly won't expend your healers manapools, aswell stacking properly. If your healers going ooms easily might have other issues besides your talent making/breaking your comp.
    Psst, not all raid dmg is from standing in stuff and not all raid dmg phases include stacking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    You don't lose any dps talents to grab 2 pts in pers rather than 2 pts in fungal which is what they were discussing. Also, any damage reduc you can have while working on progression is helpful. Just because you can survive without it doesn't mean you shouldn't take it lol like you lose nothing... I really don't get why people argue about pers, sure it's not a lot but it's something, which is better than the nothing you'd get with other pts.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 10:03 PM ----------

Psst, not all raid dmg is from standing in stuff and not all raid dmg phases include stacking up.
    might not but stated should be fine. haven't shown me that you REQUIRE it so no point in really arguing it i'm done here it's pointless to debate this

Deleted
    I don't know what you guys are doing but I never fight for a last spot, I'm always top 5-6 except for on UltraNixon.
    I don't really think Moonkin is that bad atm especially because they can still compete a bit (notice that the guys I'm competing with are locks, spriests, mages with legendaries and I don't have Tarecgosa yet wich would add about 2-3,5k dps.)
    Also they're all good quality players so I really don't think Moonkin is as bad as people try to make it look.

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ertax/advanced
    Last edited by mmoce77445065a; 2011-12-28 at 10:10 PM.

Some classes don't have dmg reduction talent and survive just fine... Now if your willing to give up small dps talent then guess min/maxing isn't for you. Aswell if your "Slow" to move out certain things then that is whole other concern. Most things listed are stack phase dmg encounters no? (i maybe wrong on it if so then my bad) So then you should survive and be fine even without the talent for spelldmg reductiou might be taking it wrong he/she might mean that does sim take into account you gave to move or do something else in raid, aka get out fio the staff vs mh/oh I'm pretty sure staffs>mh/oh combo atm
    you are wrong about titahk. movement favors rathrak even further over titahk so that argument makes no sense, and fungal growth provides no dps so not sure what you mean by "giving up a small dps talent" when in actuality you are giving up nothing by dropping fungal growth
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-12-28 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    you are wrong about titahk. and fungal growth provides no dps so not sure what you mean by "giving up a small dps talent"
    oops had brain fart no worries

i'll admit take mistake when i am wrong >.<

oops had brain fart no worries

i'll admit take mistake when i am wrong >.<
    I suffer from chronic brain diarrhea so I know exactly what you mean ._.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like many people are undersestimating the value of Ti'tahk. It gives the player using it an average of 420 haste to the player. However it also gives 386 haste to everyone 3 ppl around you, which averages at 70 haste. Giving 70 haste to 24 players in your raid (on some 25 man bosses) should be a no brainer to use the staff even when it mightnot benefit you as much on your dps meter. (I don't know if it's actually stronger for singletarget when you're on your own, but I don't care, raiding is a team effort.)
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2011-12-28 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I feel like many people are undersestimating the value of Ti'tahk. It gives the player using it an average of 420 haste to the player. However it also gives 386 haste to everyone around you, which averages at 70 haste. Giving 70 haste to 24 players in your raid (on some 25 man bosses) should be a no brainer to use the staff even when it mightnot benefit you as much on your dps meter. (I don't know if it's actually stronger for singletarget when you're on your own, but I don't care, raiding is a team effort.)
    it gives it to three random people not the whole raid and often ends up wasted on tanks and heals, it's bad

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    it gives it to three random people not the whole raid and often ends up wasted on tanks and heals, it's bad
    Ye i misread just then. Even so i am of belief it's good (i hope )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankform View Post
    I don't know what you guys are doing but I never fight for a last spot, I'm always top 5-6 except for on UltraNixon.
    I don't really think Moonkin is that bad atm especially because they can still compete a bit (notice that the guys I'm competing with are locks, spriests, mages with legendaries and I don't have Tarecgosa yet wich would add about 2-3,5k dps.)
    Also they're all good quality players so I really don't think Moonkin is as bad as people try to make it look.

lol... i have pretty good gear but you still have 1.4k sp then me.... gg, is 2set t13 even worth it? instead of 4p t12?

fungal growth has been raping our entire raids fps on yorsahj lol
    yeah, the particle and smoke effects they've been working on since WOTLK are insanely unoptimized

Quote Originally Posted by Gankform View Post

You have almost 10 ilevels on me first off and I am not in a 25m setting, but maybe you have some advice for me, maybe see something in my logs, maybe a tip on HM yorsahj or warlord etc.

NOW LET ME PUT THIS IS CAPS SO PEOPLE MIGHT READ IT. I'm looking for some advice or help with logs, not arguments tbh. One person arguing something that most disagree with clearly shows that the majority rules and defenses have been made for preser vs fungal growth. Now, 2 points in FG vs Preser isnt going to help my DPS, so can we leave that alone please.

From what I am gathering there isn't much more I can do without and orange/DI. Any added assistance with logs review/rotation suggestions (based off of logs) would be very very very appreciated.

I am interested to hear about ti'tahk vs MH/OH though in pre-HM gear. IF you look at my original post you can find my character name because I unfortunately cannot link websties yet (not enough posts or something)...

Deleted
    Hey,

this is just my 2cnt on the matter. Hope it helps.

TALENTS
    ---------

- Get rid of Dreamstate and Galewinds.
    - Max Moonglow and Perseverance. Put 1 extra point to Furor.

- I find myself almost always giving Innervate to someone else. Oomkins never really should have any mana problems in DS. Only scenario that i can think of is blue ball on Yor'sath and even then you'll want be one cast away from eclipse and gain mana that way.
    - You do always more AOE DPS by shrooming and multidotting in solar than channeling Hurricane. Galewinds is useless.
    - Your healers will love you after you max Perseverance, true story.
    - One point in Furor is for movement. You can cast instant Stampeding Roar if you take that one point. There is quite a lot of movement in DS and being in place faster increses your whole raids DPS.

GLYPHS
    -------

- Change Innervate for Focus. This is direct DPS increase as you should not be OOM anyways.

GEAR
    -----

- Your gear seems to be quite ok. You could gain 100 mastery by re-reforging. (check www.wowreforge.com)

FIGHT SPECIFIC TIPS
    --------------------

I'm only 1/8 HC so my tips are mostly for normal modes.

- You can cast between two pillars on Murchok's black phase.
    - Use Stampeding Roar after Murchok pulls your group in.
    - On Yor'sahj remember to refresh ticks on the boss when going for the goo.
    - Be in Solar Eclipse for Black adds on Yor'sahj.
    - If possible, be one cast away from Eclipse when Mana Void comes.
    - You can dot the other limb from Ysera's platform on Madness.

And remember, ALWAYS dot everything You should also recruit a Warlock. DI would increase your DPS about 3k

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Hey,

this is just my 2cnt on the matter. Hope it helps.

TALENTS
    ---------

- Get rid of Dreamstate and Galewinds.
    - Max Moonglow and Perseverance. Put 1 extra point to Furor.

- I find myself almost always giving Innervate to someone else. Oomkins never really should have any mana problems in DS. Only scenario that i can think of is blue ball on Yor'sath and even then you'll want be one cast away from eclipse and gain mana that way.
    - You do always more AOE DPS by shrooming and multidotting in solar than channeling Hurricane. Galewinds is useless.
    - Your healers will love you after you max Perseverance, true story.
    - One point in Furor is for movement. You can cast instant Stampeding Roar if you take that one point. There is quite a lot of movement in DS and being in place faster increses your whole raids DPS.

GLYPHS
    -------

- Change Innervate for Focus. This is direct DPS increase as you should not be OOM anyways.

GEAR
    -----

- Your gear seems to be quite ok. You could gain 100 mastery by re-reforging. (check www.wowreforge.com)

FIGHT SPECIFIC TIPS
    --------------------

And remember, ALWAYS dot everything You should also recruit a Warlock. DI would increase your DPS about 3k
    The gylph is specifically for Yor'sahj since ive been giving innervate away, but I should changed it out otherwise, thanks.

Great tips, but sadly I am already doing everything you have stated, /sadface (minus some stampeding roar here and there, good idea though)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post

FIGHT SPECIFIC TIPS
    --------------------

You can do this on every platform except Kalec's, I believe. I'm 100% certain about Ysera > Nozdormu and Alex > Nozdormu, not quite sure if you can do it the other way around, and if you can reach Kalec. There are spots on Ysera and Alex's platforms where you can easily reach 2 Limbs and the Corruption. That spot also lets you DPS the Bolt quicker if you're fast at targetting it.

I would not recommend doing it too much, though, because sometimes it'll make the initial Limb burn on each platform push it below 80%, and if the DPS is really good below 70%, which you don't want. If you want to cheese a WoL rank(like me), you can just do it, though.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-12-29 at 10:50 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

realy , whats the logic to you to say that perseverance is useless? go play another role and stop looking at your own, and no u cant avoid 99% of magic damage. About fungal growth realy useless, only more dirt on the screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophos View Post
    lol... i have pretty good gear but you still have 1.4k sp then me.... gg, is 2set t13 even worth it? instead of 4p t12?
    Depends it's a small difference with 4 set if you get 2-set (only remotely worth it if it's 2 pieces 410 and even then it's questionable, I did it to get a lot more haste as I was using T 12 piece) so far I tested it out and it seems to be a small dps gain but it sims as a small dps loss though.

---------- Post added 2011-12-29 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    You have almost 10 ilevels on me first off and I am not in a 25m setting, but maybe you have some advice for me, maybe see something in my logs, maybe a tip on HM yorsahj or warlord etc.

NOW LET ME PUT THIS IS CAPS SO PEOPLE MIGHT READ IT. I'm looking for some advice or help with logs, not arguments tbh. One person arguing something that most disagree with clearly shows that the majority rules and defenses have been made for preser vs fungal growth. Now, 2 points in FG vs Preser isnt going to help my DPS, so can we leave that alone please.

From what I am gathering there isn't much more I can do without and orange/DI. Any added assistance with logs review/rotation suggestions (based off of logs) would be very very very appreciated.

I am interested to hear about ti'tahk vs MH/OH though in pre-HM gear. IF you look at my original post you can find my character name because I unfortunately cannot link websties yet (not enough posts or something)...
    Ti'takh is a staff to be used either on your healers (like some top guilds did) or to be used on your weakest dps but since it's so random who will get the haste buff whilst you're moving etc. it's not really a good weapon to be using, I'd recommend the heroic weapon(The one from madness Deathwing seems to be quite good) +oh untill you can get Tarecgosa or just get the staff from Hagara.