Deleted

Differences between Mercenary and Powertech dps?

I want to roll also a Bounty Hunter as dps and I would like to know the gameplay differences between Mercenary and Powertech, already playing a lvl 42 assassin dps what will become tank and an operative that will become healer.

Thanks.

Powertech DPS is more Melee, with a bit of Ranged thrown in. You could call it a "mid-range" Class, or a Range/Melee hybrid, but it's not even half-range. For all intents and purposes it's a Melee Class

Mercenary DPS is Ranged, plus you get some Healer perks
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Powertech DPS is more Melee, with a bit of Ranged thrown in. You could call it a "mid-range" Class, or a Range/Melee hybrid, but it's not even half-range. For all intents and purposes it's a Melee Class

Mercenary DPS is Ranged, plus you get some Healer perks
    Well both the operative and assassin are melee so I guess I will go for Mercenary thanks

Mercenary/Commando are also a lot more about casting. You can be mobile if you want, but you won't be performing your optimal dps. Powertechs have much less casting.

Mercenary is not as mobile as other ranged classes, but you will deal a fuckton of damage (especially AoE), while wearing heavy armor and being able to heal yourself.

I predict a future nerf to this though.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Mercenary is not as mobile as other ranged classes, but you will deal a fuckton of damage (especially AoE), while wearing heavy armor and being able to heal yourself.

I predict a future nerf to this though.
    The downside is the lack of mobility if you want to do your real dps. Sure, you can spam your instants, but they cost just as much ammo as the casted hits, and do less damage.

Also, it is very annoying to get interrupted as soon as you start casting your big AoE (I don't know the name) hit that hits for 3 times, and then it's on a 1 min CD. Really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Also, it is very annoying to get interrupted as soon as you start casting your big AoE (I don't know the name) hit that hits for 3 times, and then it's on a 1 min CD. Really annoying.
    Death From Above - Bounty Hunter
    Mortar Volley - Trooper

I find the Trooper's channeled AoE get's interrupted less. While the bounty hunter's looks waaaay cooler, it's a clear indicator what he's doing and puts a spotlight on him (so to say).

But to the OP, go Merc if you have a tank & healer already and go all out ranged dps.