Poll: Which prize would you pick?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry So you've just won a game show and are allowed to pick between 3 rewards..

What would you rather pick?

Prize nr 1 - a super computer, let's say at least $20000, comes with 3 monitors, latest parts, very comfortable chair, desk, surround sound and everything
    Prize nr 2 - a decent car that cost about the same as the computer
    Prize nr 3 - designer clothes, purses, shoes, gold rings etc. included (depending on you being male or female of course:P), also the same value as the above offers

Considering you don't own any of them (or equivalent), which one would you pick?
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2011-12-28 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    number one
    having a good computer is cool, car costs lots of money and clothes..really, who needs them, when you don't even leave your house?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it sounds stereotypish.. but yeah, i would also go for #1.

Deleted
    Actually I made this post because of the discussion we had at Christmas dinner:P Everyone had a different opinion.. by brother would pick the computer, dad a car and mom the clothes:P I'm not saying which one I preferred. But everyone was so certain that only a fool would pick the other options, so it was kinda funny to listen to the argument.

Deleted
    Computer!

Designer clothes are overrated (''I'm special because I got a stupid logo on my clothing, hurr hurr'') and cheap clothing usualy lasts longer/just as long.
    All I need a car for is driving and aslong as they don't increase the system requirements for going onto the road I don't need a super duper expensive car.

Even if I wouldn't have clothes or any means of transportation, I wouldn't need all those with a computer <3

10+ Year Old Account
    A really sweet, modded MP5 for, "home protection"...

20,000 Dollar computer. I have a friend that owns a computer shop and he'd give me a great deal on those parts.

Deleted
    Computer, hands down!

You can get cool, fairly cheap clothes without spending shitloads of money.

Deleted
    The car then sell it, since I'd probably get the most for that. Would be hard to unload the computer, if option number 3 was just ONLY jewelry I'd might pick that since there is no cash option. I don't go for designer labels a gym body will always look better in rags than an average body with labels.

So if put on the spot probably the car.

It's a 200,000 dollar computer... how do you even spend 200 grand on a personal computer?

Edit: 20,000, read it wrong. I'd take the car any day. What use is a 20,000 dollar computer? Nothing that I actually would need it for.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-12-28 at 01:58 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Take the car.
    2. Sell car for cheaper car.
    3. Use extra money for computer and have best of both worlds.
    4. ????
    5. Profit.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Car ofcourse......why would you want a useless supercomputer. My pc is more than good enough. A decent computer is still lightyears ahead in graphics than a shitty ps3 or xbox. A car is a car.

The computers are getting old every year, even if they're the top class. In 5 years the computer will be piece of shit.
    However, the car will never get old and slow, the car's engine doesn't get slower, etc.
    Long term, I'd get a car. Clothes are out of the question.

car definetly the way to go IMO, car, if looked after will last you a lifetime, computer would last you a few years then become obsolite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    The car then sell it, since I'd probably get the most for that. Would be hard to unload the computer, if option number 3 was just ONLY jewelry I'd might pick that since there is no cash option. I don't go for designer labels a gym body will always look better in rags than an average body with labels.

So if put on the spot probably the car.
    That's the point, there is no cash option Otherwise it would be easy to pick.. take cash and just buy a cheaper computer, clothes etc.. and save the rest for something else, even if you want one of these things. The same value is there for the same reason, so you wouldn't pick according to what you can sell for the most money.

Deleted
    The computer, without a doubt.

I don't care about designer clothes, and I could get a car whenever I want anyway...but a computer for 20k?
    Bloody hell, that would be awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    the computer. mostly for the extras you listed, like the new desk and chair. my system is pretty nice, but I haven't gotten around yet to nicing up the place where it sits, and my desk chair really sucks. sitting for hours playing mmos tends to make my arm hurt like hell as a result =/
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

$20k US is about £12.5k, so not that much. That'd be a pretty cheap car if you bought it new - something like a Ford Fiesta. Cars like that would lose 1/3 of their value the moment you drive it out of the showroom.

So yeah, I'd go for the computer.

Car of course.

Even logic says car - because the computer would be deprecated in a years time, and no longer super lol The car however, would still be awesome and is a far better choice anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?