Protection Paladins, check this out.

Hey guys, here is what's bugging me.Not sure which is better so help me out.

To use Souldrinker, (i now have 2 points in Reckoning) + Seal of Insight

OR

to use Hand of Morchok(HC) + Seal of Truth

- If i go with Souldrinker, i will sure get a LOT of selfhealing as it can proc twice, also the Seal of Insight (Heals for 6k with full Vengeance, so that's 12k per hit), but my shields from Judgement will not be as strong as before (2p tier bonus)
    -If i go with Hand of Morchok i will have no selfhealing (i use WoG everytime but this won't count), but i will have better stats (notice the socket too) and 10 expertise from Seal of Truth.

They both seem good but i don't know, i hope someone can prove which one is better.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

There is no clear "better" of the two. I use Hand of Morchok with SoT simply because it's what I like and it helps in the 10 man scene for dps (luls@tankdps).

I ~personally~ do not favor running SoI as it potentially generates overhealing (same as Souldrinker). However, on the flip side, I have heard reports that Souldrinker with Landslide and SoT is more DPS than Hand of Morchok with Landslide / SoT.

It has also been stated that the absorb from 2P T13 helps to bring us alongside warriors crit block.

Basically...use what you're comfortable with. If you like having a constant healing factor with a minimal shield, then go Souldrinker. If not, use the other.

I think i will go with Souldrinker + Seal of Truth for *Some* self healing and good shields
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

I would try the options and compare the logs.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-12-29 at 02:50 PM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=3397&e=3714

That's my rank using Souldrinker on heroic ultraxion. Ranked like 24th prot paladin or something.

Did about 300k healing (25% over heal) and 3.7% of my damage was drain life.

If hand of morchok is actually higher DPS, I would definitely use it over Souldrinker for the stats. Though I doubt it is higher dps than heroic Souldrinker, but that is rather far out for most of us.