Deleted

Need help planning out my keybinds for my Jedi Knight Guardian

Something I always wish but never do is to map out my characters keybindings before playing the game.

That way I can bind abilities to the right key right from the start instead of having to relearn them all at max. level once I have my full arsenal.

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand or list their current keybinds for a Jedi Knight Guardian. Anything really that would help me get a good key-layout.

PS: I play with WSAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Something I always wish but never do is to map out my characters keybindings before playing the game.

That way I can bind abilities to the right key right from the start instead of having to relearn them all at max. level once I have my full arsenal.

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand or list their current keybinds for a Jedi Knight Guardian. Anything really that would help me get a good key-layout.

PS: I play with WSAD
    My guardian is still only in the early 20s, but I use the same basic layout for all of my characters. 1-4 I leave open for frequently used abilities, or those that generate resources. Strike, Sundering Strike, Slash, Blade Storm, etc. Shift 1-4 I use for the 'nukes'. In this case, Master Strike, Force Sweep, etc. E and Shift E I use for defensive cooldowns. Q I use for reactive abilities like Riposte. Mouse 4 and 5 with modifiers I use for cooldowns (alt, ctrl, shift). Alt 1-4 I use for buffs. Ctrl 1-4 I use for heals.

Not gonna say it's perfect, but I have everything easily accessible.

lol... I have q,e,r,t,y,g,h,z,x,c,v,b,n bound, shift 1-6 bound for cooldowns and ctrl 1-6 bound for consumables, oh and the middle mouse button. Oh, and Im running out :/ will have to go to ctrl/shift letters soon.

I haven't played that class yet...

But what I always did in WoW and so far in TOR is set up my action bars and bind the keys that I know I'm going to use right away (that is, make a keybind for the slot). Before I do any quests. Even if there's no ability to put there yet.

Then when I get new abilities, I drop them into one of my pre-keybound slots. Then I shift them around a bit as I level to find out what works best.

And, as mentioned above, I use a very similar setup for all my characters -- middle mouse button is always my interrupt or some reactive ability, 3 is always my main nuke, mouse thumb button is always some defensive ability, etc.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2011-12-29 at 01:32 AM.