are security questions case sensitive?

keep getting the my security question wrong. wondering if it is case sensitive

Nope, it isn't. I got my account locked the other day actually because I entered it wrong too many times. After calling customer support, I found out I had added an extra letter to my security answer, hence why it wouldn't work, ie. typo.

Actually when I went through account recovery in January, it turns out it was case sensitive. I tried my answer and it never worked. I tried it over and over and thought what the hell did I put? Then I tried it again with a capital letter and voila (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sayrah View Post
    Nope, it isn't. I got my account locked the other day actually because I entered it wrong too many times. After calling customer support, I found out I had added an extra letter to my security answer, hence why it wouldn't work, ie. typo.
    i just got automated responses with customer support

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Actually when I went through account recovery in January, it turns out it was case sensitive. I tried my answer and it never worked. I tried it over and over and thought what the hell did I put? Then I tried it again with a capital letter and voila (sp?)
    Much has changed since January, and as of right now, they are NOT case sensitive. As far as the client and website are concerned, your favorite sport, "Cow Tipping", is exactly the same as your other favorite sport, "cow tipping".

Just for clarification, your password is indeed case sensitive.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-12-29 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    i just got automated responses with customer support
    You are calling right? Well yeah, they're a bit annoying that it takes a whole lot of choices to actually be connected to a live person. But eventually there was an option to speak to one in the 'Account Security' choice.