Can't make up my mind

I can't make up my mind if I should buy SW:ToR . I heard many great things about the game and I personally love MMORPG games (I've been playing WoW for a long time, but I don't feel like playing anymore) I tried many other MMORPG's but they didn't appeal to me cause of botters or just low game design etc.
    Tho I have never ever seen a star wars movie and wasn't planning on doing so :P I want to know if in case I buy the game it minds allot that I haven't seen the movie's yet.
    Then if I buy it what should I become? What server should I play (EU). Should I become empire or republic?

Would be great if someone gave me some info about the game and if I might like it

Thanks

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are countless threads and tons of information at your fingertips. Please check any of our numerous info threads.

This is a good place to start.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arious-sources

To be honest, I played or tried to play most of the new MMO's that have come out as I was sick and tired of WOW. I did not follow this SWTOR at all. I wasn't very interested in the game to be honest. But I love Star wars. Seen the movies over and over and over again. I really like them. So it kind of gives me an image of the universe and what this came could be like. I love it and will now never go back to WOW. But if you are not big in the Star wars and don't really know much about it I would suggest you watch the movies. If you like the movies then buy the game. But one thing you need to do before you play is get WOW out of you head, be reasonable with your thoughts of comparing the 2 games. Think of WOW as a template, in all honesty it might feel similar to WOW. But, ever car has wheels and an engine right, if it is not broke you don't need to change everything, just make what works better and add your own touch.

Anywho, the game is great, fun and different. It is a different world to explore. If you end up buying it after you watch some of the movies and don't like it that doesn't mean come back here and ruin others experiences.

That my 2 cents. I hope you give it a chance.