(UK) new N64 controllers?

Ok, anybody have any idea if there are any decent new N64 controllers available?

I just bought 4 "Lot 2" from ebay and they are absolutely freaking awful. 1 was DoA with a broken stick, the other 3 are just.. well there is no dead zone, at all, so you are always moving uncontrollably, and they have only on/off states not actually analogue, so it's spinning round, wizzing at 90mph.. Goldeneye is completely unplayable, even selecting the menu is near impossible since getting the stick to actually register "down" is a real challenge.

I heard that Tomee are pretty much the same, except with a massive dead zone then full on only. I'm prepared to import from Japan if the price is reasonable, but I ideally want 4 which is going to keep the cost high no doubt. These 4 "Lot 2" were 30 for the lot, I guess you get what you buy.

It's sad but the 2 old controllers I have are easier to use that these supposed "new" ones, though you really have to jam in each direction to get full speed. Has anybody tried refurbing old controllers, it does seem mostly to be the analogue sticks which wear out and I have seen replacements on ebay.

Any help appreciated, so tantalizingly close to 4 player N6 goodliness, yet so far..

I have no idea about the equivalent stores over in the UK, but in aus Gametraders refurbish old N64 controllers and do a pretty decent job, I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone that did it there

10+ Year Old Account
    I typed 'N64 Controller' into Google, clicked on shopping:

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=n64+contr...iw=872&bih=683

Seems they do new ones, not official though.

"TTX" are the same as "Lot 2" exact same description as mine "tight and accurate"

1.This joystick is tight and accurate,10 function buttons.
    2.Connects to any Nintendo 64 or N64 replica system.
    3.A GREAT CONTROLLERS FOR MARIO KART, PERFECT DARK, AND MANY OTHER CLASSIC N64 GAMES!
    Is the classic same old description on almost everything. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1507048907...84.m1497.l2649 is the 4 I bought initially. As you can see virtually all controllers are the same as this :/ waiting to hear from the seller but I can only assume that all are going to be like the 3. Every review I have clicked on is negative it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can either buy the 3rd party ones until you get a decent one, find an official one in good nick or get one refurbished as the guy said earlier.

I've done surgery myself on the old Dual Shock PS1 controllers before, could do it yourself

Yeah I have cleaned out the gunk from under buttons in many a controller. From pics given on ebay it looks like the replacement sticks pretty much just clip in, without nay soldering. I guess I'll wait for a reply from the ebay seller etc. If I can put one of the older dodgy sticks from an official controller into the new ones and it works ok, then I'll buy 4 new sticks and see if I can work some magic. For £30 I'm not too out of pocket to play doctor on the new ones.

Shame as the casing is physically exactly the same as official controllers and the buttons are snappy and nice feeling. Just the abomination of a stick letting it down.