Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Even so, as it stands, you have to seek direct confrontation to actually fight someone. This would be acceptable on a PVE server, but on a PVP server, in my opinion, you should be able in permant fear of encountering a dozen enemies having a tea party after level 10 or 15 maybe, in every area.

Mind you, im not saying WoW is perfect on that either. I play on a PVP server (Alliance) and once i was so bored i decided to level a fresh alt just for the lulz. I was at Northrend the first time i found a Horde questing where i was.
    Well thats more of an issue with no one leveling now. Theres probably 5 people total in a given zone before you hit wrath.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even so, as it stands, you have to seek direct confrontation to actually fight someone. This would be acceptable on a PVE server, but on a PVP server, in my opinion, you should be able in permant fear of encountering a dozen enemies having a tea party after level 10 or 15 maybe, in every area.

Mind you, im not saying WoW is perfect on that either. I play on a PVP server (Alliance) and once i was so bored i decided to level a fresh alt just for the lulz. I was at Northrend the first time i found a Horde questing where i was.
    Haha, I actually did the same. Though, I made a Horde alt on my second account to hunt down the alts of my Alliance guildies. It was fun to listen to them rage about getting ganked and not knowing it was me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I hope not, and will probably quit if it does. I'd rather play a subscription and have access to everything than have to be nickle and dimed for every little micro item that my heart desires. Eff that noise.
    Indeed. Sadly the reality regarding MMORPGs is that they're either P2P or P2W (pay to win). There's hardly a middle ground..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR will do as wow did. add first few levels free to play with limited interaction/leveling/etc...As MMO's are kind of addicting, giving the first snort of StarWars crack gets em hooked, then you gotta pay.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well thats more of an issue with no one leveling now. Theres probably 5 people total in a given zone before you hit wrath.
    Also true, but even on 80-85 zones i felt like Will Smith in I Am Legend...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol is this thread serious? The game just came out....

I'm having a blast playing swtor.

Indeed. Sadly the reality regarding MMORPGs is that they're either P2P or P2W (pay to win). There's hardly a middle ground..
    Sadly you are wrong and quality F2P are not P2W, and then there is GW which is a middleground

Quote Originally Posted by Duvain View Post
    Lol is this thread serious? The game just came out....

I'm having a blast playing swtor.
    its the forum you are on.

the vast majority of the posts are going to be "how swtor will fail" posts "cunningly" disguised.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Deleted
    Yes I am 100% sure the game will go F2P, there is no doubt in my mind, if it is in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years though I do not know, but it will happen.

The "new car smell" is already fading away for many players as they start to see the game for what it really is (another old style mmo with little end game content) as people drop their hype'o-vision goggles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swtor will hopefully never go F2P, the launch has, from what I've seen so far, been very successful and it wouldn't surprise if it really gives WoW a run for it's money. WoW is 7 years old after all, people eventually want something new.

Just my 0,02€

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wont go F2P its Star Wars... As many before me have stated it has a huge fanbase (I am not one of them) make your mind from here. Its like Warcraft universe and fanbase but it started from a movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    Yes I am 100% sure the game will go F2P, there is no doubt in my mind, if it is in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years though I do not know, but it will happen.

The "new car smell" is already fading away for many players as they start to see the game for what it really is (another old style mmo with little end game content) as people drop their hype'o-vision goggles.
    I hope you're wrong, but part of me thinks you'll be right... :/

eventualy it will go f2p like every mmo, but i don't think this will happen before wow goes f2p

Not unless the subscription drops tremendously, as it is right now people would have to drop in large numbers quarterly for at least 6 months before they even consider restructuring (Doesn't mean FTP yet)

Keep in mind, people saying people are already leaving etc.. It's happened in a bunch of games, look at WoW when it came out, how many people tried it from EQ and then simply dropped it. Some people, just float from new game to new game as fillers of boredom from their actual game, whether it be WoW or even Counter Strike. These people will drop off in the first 3 months then things will balance, we can't use now as an accurate gauge of stability.
    Last edited by Tartcart; 2011-12-29 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Sadly you are wrong and quality F2P are not P2W, and then there is GW which is a middleground
    GW is a middleground indeed, you buy the game then its like wow without subscription. But i am yet to play a game that is/became F2P and isn't rubbish or really unfair right now.

(It's my fault for not explaining myself better: i am not including games like GW in the f2p cathegory, as you actually have to buy the game to play it. By F2P i mean games that you can play for free but the game depends on a cash-for-items premium shop to survive)
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2011-12-29 at 09:04 PM.

End game content will be added, I'm sure. Side note though, I have already seen people complaining about lack of end game content when they are level 20, so some people seem to be a bit over anxious to see what level 50 will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    When people hit max level and "the story" becomes irrelevant as people are bored of leveling or have hit cap,

Then EA is faced with 2 options.
    1) Loose customers
    2) Create more content that costs money..

Now what they choose will likely be #2 If this happens will it be more profitable to make the game free to play to get a few more users back and charge for the new content rather than a sub fee? Who knows it depends on how many people stay subbed.

Taking a stab in the dark i would say if the sub numbers are low enough next year then yes it will go Free to play.

Its all on sub numbers though low sub numbers = free to play as most people who play will pay for extra crap and it will bring more people to the game if its stuck on a sub fee like current they will eventually keep loosing money and customers. Think of the share holders they wont be to happy about decline cash every month.
    ok firstly that's not in the hands of EA. Lucas Arts would decide a decision like that and Lucas Arts looks to this game to maintain the Star Wars brand and its quality hence the extremely close cooperation between LA and Bioware on this project. EA is very much just the publisher of someone elses intellectual property here.

secondly production on this game started 6 years ago. the content is already planned up to at least a year ahead, all the voice actors etc and on long term contracts and they will be releasing an new raid instance in January. the release date was not the end of the development cycle nor is level 50 the end of "the story" arc.

as for the numbers...well i covered that in another thread...lets just say i think you'll be surprised if not actually shocked.

but then wth eh you're an anti swtor troll so is there any point to telling you ? who knows. shall be fun watching tho.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-12-29 at 09:07 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    Like the title says do you think swtor will go free to play and how long would it. Or do you think it will give blizzard a run for its money and actually give them a wake up call to say I am here and you are not the only top dog on the market so move over.
    Galaxies never went F2P, so no.

So, you don't recall what WoW was like when it launched did you? You had Onyxia and Molten Core with an overtuned BWL sitting in the wings. Trust me, they'll have more, right now they do have Eternity Vault and after a few months, they'll release another operation and a few months after that, another operation.

Anyone that thinks TOR is going F2P is clueless. Right now WoW has a much better chance of going F2P than TOR does.

its way too early to tell in my opinion its more than possible but only time will tell