Is it worth it for me to get Full-HD monitor?

Its basically just going to be used for gaming, and watching movies, wont be blu-ray... just normal films. but im freaking out about getting a new monitor and what to look for when picking the right one, ive bought like 3 over the last 2 days and ive taken them all back as they just arent wat i expected them to be. So when buying a new monitor what should i look for and does Full-HD have any more requirements within my pc for me to be able to us it over a normal monitor? Thanks.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which ones have you bought? What are you even expecting out of them that you aren't seeing?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Which ones have you bought? What are you even expecting out of them that you aren't seeing?
    At first i bought one that wasnt hd tht i liked, then i changed my mind n wanted a hd one, then bought one which was faulty so took that back, then ive bought another which is the exact same as the first just a hd version, but this one is stuck in 1600x1200 resolution when it should be 1920x1080, n also when i fix my xbox up to it with hdmi cable it doesnt come through as hd, or it does but its still really bad quality. so am i missing something for this monitor to make it work correctly or what?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly not sure, but 1600x1200 is a 4:3 contrast ratio resolution... so that would not properly display 1920x1080. Make sure you find a monitor that is a native resolution 1920x1080 16:9 monitor, best ones for these are in-between 21.5" and 24", in my personal opinion.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You wanna look at the technology, LED lcd being best I think, the contrast ratio , the response (ms) for monitors,(lower=better) but in this case your tv the frequency, 60hz vs 120 hz,(higher=better) the display resolution 720p vs 1080p.

A great place to get more info would be a website or magazine with the latest 2011 monitors ranked, otherwise you can also look at customer reviews of potential purchases your looking at.

Yeah on the box and specs of the monitor it says its a 1920x1080 monitor... so i dont know why this isnt coming through as that, and Walexia is it worht me looking at all that stuff in hd or isnt it worth paying the extra money just for games like wow and GW2 when it comes out...

i may need to be corrected but for computer monitors , HD is'nt much of a problem.For TV's anything 720p and above is already HD.As for being able to adequately hook up your xbox, somebody with an xbox would have to assist you further, or you can search for youtube videos on people hooking up their TV's to their xbox and you may see how they set it up.As for games like wow and GW2 most screens like the one DeltrusDisc suggested above would work just fine.