MMO Champ bugging my browser

OK I have tested this by both only having MMO champ open and also tested with not having MMO champ open at all.

Here is the problem:

When I load up the main page for MMO Champ my mouse scroll speed slows to a crawl after it's fully loaded. After a few seconds it totally stops and I get on the fire fox window (Not Responding) show up..then about 20 seconds later it kicks in and works again, with the saem slowed down scrolling speed and occasional not responding bugs.

This also happens when I have MMO champ open in other tabs but not activly browsing or displaying the page at all. When I go to the forums it also happens. I thought it was annoying ads so I got the AdBlock Plus and have that running (the reason I did this was because an ad constantly refreshed myMMO-Champ pages so I had dozens in my history for each page borwsed, it would refresh every 5-10 seconds. Only started last month, got sick of it and loaded ad block, ad revenue to me isn't that important if i cannot do what I want on the site easily). With ABP it still does this so I am unsure what's going on.

I have deleted and reinstalled fire fox and have no desire to use IE (hunk of crap) or Chrome (also, hunk of crap for what I what to do) because I like FF and it works on every other site without an issue, it's only happening with MMO-Champ.

Is anyone else getting this and how can I go about fixing it? It's driving me nuts.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    OK I have tested this by both only having MMO champ open and also tested with not having MMO champ open at all.

Here is the problem:

When I load up the main page for MMO Champ my mouse scroll speed slows to a crawl after it's fully loaded. After a few seconds it totally stops and I get on the fire fox window (Not Responding) show up..then about 20 seconds later it kicks in and works again, with the saem slowed down scrolling speed and occasional not responding bugs.

This also happens when I have MMO champ open in other tabs but not activly browsing or displaying the page at all. When I go to the forums it also happens. I thought it was annoying ads so I got the AdBlock Plus and have that running (the reason I did this was because an ad constantly refreshed myMMO-Champ pages so I had dozens in my history for each page borwsed, it would refresh every 5-10 seconds. Only started last month, got sick of it and loaded ad block, ad revenue to me isn't that important if i cannot do what I want on the site easily). With ABP it still does this so I am unsure what's going on.

I have deleted and reinstalled fire fox and have no desire to use IE (hunk of crap) or Chrome (also, hunk of crap for what I what to do) because I like FF and it works on every other site without an issue, it's only happening with MMO-Champ.

Is anyone else getting this and how can I go about fixing it? It's driving me nuts.
    Off topic, but what do you do on Firefox that Chrome can't?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Off topic, but what do you do on Firefox that Chrome can't?
    Tab groups, last I heard.

OT: have you tried using noscript to see if that prevents the slowdown?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Tab groups, last I heard.

OT: have you tried using noscript to see if that prevents the slowdown?
    Don't even know what those are. XD
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How can I do noscript? I'm not that tech savvy sadly.

EDIT: just installed it. So far so good but lets just wait and see
    Last edited by Greyarea; 2011-12-30 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    How can I do noscript? I'm not that tech savvy sadly.

EDIT: just installed it. So far so good but lets just wait and see
    If it stays good at least you know it's a javascript problem, and maybe you can find out exactly what's causing it, so the admins can look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Don't even know what those are. XD
    They're a way to organize tabs. I have a tab group for social and gaming stuff, and one for work. So you know how tabs work, I assume. I can hit control + `, and a completely different set of tabs shows up. It's kind of like alt tabbing between several windows of firefox with different sets of tabs, except I only have 1 stupid thing on the start bar. It makes organizing tabs way easier.

nope still lagging like normal

You disallowed all the JS on the front page and the problem is still there?

i ended up just giving up and only visit the front page once a day, fixed my issues. So weird however