Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    woot, incredible envirement, looks great !!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    Do you think people will return from SWTOR now they've seen this ?
    I don't think anyone left.

Well let me rephrase, anyone else.

Honestly I think most people who were moving to ToR quit in the second and third quarters, leading to the 2 million drop.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

v

Newsflash: You can play 2 or even 3 MMORPGs at the same time. Newsflash 2: Far from everyone playing SWTOR have also played WoW. Newsflash 3: Far from everyone playing WoW, would ever set foot in a Star Wars universe.

Don't know, don't care. People that dig the theme will surely come back and new players will be brought in, and we need those...not the "Omg I try it but it gonna suck QQ"-people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zawazambe View Post
    Sorry to tell you this, but Beer is popular in other countries as well.
    O rly ?
    So what ? Does it take anything away from the fact that beer takes a very big place in eastern asian gastronomical cultures ? No ? Ok.

Their lore origins are not in Asian culture, they're civilization is based around it due to the significance of Panda's in some parts of Asian culture.
    notsureiftrolling.jpg

I'm not sure to get your point here. Really. Their lore origins ARE in Asian culture.

It doesn't matter if it originated from their shape (which then, as an asian animal, led them to wrap it with asian-themed elements) or, the other way around, from a baseline idea of an asian-looking indigenous race (then making pandas a great candidate).
    Both ways, their lore is definitely based on asian cultures and more precisely (if we consider actual lore) on chinese culture.

So, as beer is proportionally (with other cultures around the world) a very important, diversified and rich element in the culture it is originated from, I guess the space it takes in actual wow lore is somewhat justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    No honestly. People who completely left WoW for ToR won't be brought back by any single instance or expansion. Seriously. Comparing WoW and ToR is like comparing Fried Chicken to Roasted Chicken: they are the same at their core, but are different in every other way beside that. And like both kinds of chicken, you can eat both.

On the other hand, I am excited for MoP and this dungeon.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    No honestly. People who completely left WoW for ToR won't be brought back by any single instance or expansion. Seriously. Comparing WoW and ToR is like comparing Fried Chicken to Roasted Chicken: they are the same at their core, but are different in every other way beside that. And like both kinds of chicken, you can eat both.

On the other hand, I am excited for MoP and this dungeon.
    I <3 that analogy. They're both an MMORPG (Chicken), but WoW is a Casual MMORPG (Grilled Chicken) and ToR is a Hardcore MMORPG (Fried Chicken)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    but WoW is a Casual MMORPG (Grilled Chicken) and ToR is a Hardcore MMORPG (Fried Chicken)
    You're destroying the analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    You're destroying the analogy.

Pretty much, yeah...The more specific you try to make an analogy the less fair it becomes. Especially when using biases to expand on it.

I <3 that analogy. They're both an MMORPG (Chicken), but WoW is a Casual MMORPG (Grilled Chicken) and ToR is a Hardcore MMORPG (Fried Chicken)
    So ToR is bad for you and WoW is the healthier option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    Yeah, and beer is an extremely popular drink in asia ; China, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea, etc..
    So, if you consider Pandaren's lore origins.. well, yeah.. of course they're gonna like beer.
    you have a class called BREWmaster and you are QQ about a raid dedicated to same theme?

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    you have a class called BREWmaster and you are QQ about a raid dedicated to same theme?
    If you read my post, you would see I'm agreeing with him, against the one QQing about a raid dedicated to beer.
    :l

We gonna see Legendary Chen Stormstout there :P
    When gonna be next dungeons reveled?
    P.S. Hope we gonna get some good Brew for helping Chen

10+ Year Old Account
    This dungeon will cause huge huge problem if you have any of the following race/class in your group...dwarf any class....cause you will never get any dwarf out of that brewery ever again..they will see that brewed stuff and stop at the first bar area in there and won't move lol

Having played ToR, it is in no way hardcore. It's clunky playstyle, lack of ranked pvp, and relatively simple boss fights will attract few hardcores. Instead of making content to do at level 50, they spent half their budget of making cutscenes and voiceovers for every single leveling quest. Yes, even the ones where it wants you to kill 10 droids. After the first couple of months, people will very likely leave in droves.

Back on the topic at hand. Many are riling against MoP due to the fact that it will have Pokemon battles and be more "casual." It depends on how one defines casual, though. Casual can mean everything takes 5 minutes and falls over dead if you breathe on it. I think when Blizzard refers to the word "casual" they're more referring towards more things to do in general.

What honestly hurt Cataclysm in general was the fact that they redid all of the leveling zones. In some cases, it was just changing around a few NPCs, but in most cases, it involved having to massive edit zones. Sometimes practically to the point where they had to create entirely new zones. This ended up acting as a large time sink for developers, taking away time from developing features for levelcap in favor of designing leveling content. Since we won't have to worry about them having to redesign all of the leveling content this time around, I think we can expect a better endgame for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dungeon reminds me of Spirited Away from Hayao Miyazaki.

Anyone else feel this? :3
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-01-02 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    This dungeon reminds me of Spirited Away from Hayao Miyazaki.

Anyone else feel this? :3
    Well,,, now that you mention it...
    Not quite.
    A little, and I've seen the movie, but it's a lot brighter in the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Well,,, now that you mention it...
    Not quite.
    A little, and I've seen the movie, but it's a lot brighter in the movie
    Yeah, but I get a lot of the same vibes. I swear in one of the blizzcon panels one of the people on the art team said he looked to "classic 2d films" for inspiration.

Except ToR is not hardcore. HM in WoW have much more harder mechanic than hardest content in ToR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    i think one boss will be on a boat. Why? Because that river, then we get on that wheel-like thing and enter the building
    Sadly not. But man, it would be so cool to actually fight an instance boss OUTSIDE the actual dugeon. ( I mean parts of the explorable world; not an outdoor area of the instance. )
    A riverboat fight would be a pretty unique phase too.