Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you. Look at their quarterly reports. Vivendi, who owns Activision, runs Blizzard. It's not a "conspiracy" theory, people who have played WoW since vanilla will testify that the quality of the content has gone steadily downhill.
    Your opinion is not fact. I have played WoW since BWL and I disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Your opinion is not fact. I have played WoW since BWL and I disagree with you.
    That's nice, the game has been phased into oblivion. There's no MMO left in wow.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    That's nice, the game has been phased into oblivion. There's no MMO left in wow.
    No one said anything about phasing this is about bilzz re-releasing old content. this sentence has no relevance to the current topic so why did you say this?

Deleted
    I do not like it repeated. Blizzard puts things lately without creating us and do not meet the patch notes. (CROMATIC DRAKE) ... and like that but ... stop repeating.

I'm looking forward to this. Than again, I could care less for reusing old zones if the mechanics are new.

Blizzard has absolutely failed at every instance rehash they have ever done. Naxx was awful. ZG was awful. ZA was just less than awful, but almost awful. I never want to see any of those places again. Blizzard is really starting to ruin the game. Deadmines and Shadowfang were terrible and I actually stopped running them not because they were hard or because I couldn't clear them (because I could and did) but because they were TERRIBLE. The only good rehash they ever did was Magisters Terrace which was absolutely amazing. I actually leveled new toons so I could run it more than once a day.

TOC was a rehash. People loved the pvp fight so Blizzard was like ok, here you go! And the PvP fight was AWFUL. The WORST part (though the whole thing was pretty terrible).

Quote Originally Posted by recca View Post

TOC was a rehash. People loved the pvp fight so Blizzard was like ok, here you go! And the PvP fight was AWFUL. The WORST part (though the whole thing was pretty terrible).
    TOC was a rehash of what the dungeon? Am I missing a raid in a previous expansion pretty certain it was new but I could be wrong please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Groalarbear View Post
    There are plenty of people asking for this to happen (i personally am looking forward to H SM). DONT LIKE IT, QUIT! you will be one less QQ Blizzard will have to deal with.
    The problem with that is what happened with Cataclysm. All over the forums you heard about "plenty of people" (if not "most") complaining the game was too easy and look what we got. ~2 million left and difficulty was a frequent comment about why. Taking a poll from an online forum or Blizzcom is NOT the place to get the pulse of the playerbase. It's a cross-section of the playerbase, and a very narrow cross-section at that. Any player that either frequents a forum about an MMO when not playing said MMO is gonna give you a completely different answer than the majority of players that don't. The cross-section gets considerably smaller when you get into the number of players that will spend extra money to fly out to California for a convention based on said game (especially if they're Alliance players.) Forum polls are not accurate to a group of 12 million (now 10 million) players and is why Blizzard shouldn't take that much from them.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved old scarlet monastery, can't wait for this to come out

Proud human beings typically shun suffering as weakness, but God said, I will meet you at the crossroads of suffering.†

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has absolutely failed at every instance rehash they have ever done.
    Uhm, okay.
    Naxx was awful.
    Fine.
    ZG was awful.
    ...what?
    ZA was just less than awful, but almost awful.
    ...what?!
    Deadmines and Shadowfang were terrible and I actually stopped running them not because they were hard or because I couldn't clear them (because I could and did) but because they were TERRIBLE.
    Huh?!
    The only good rehash they ever did was Magisters Terrace which was absolutely amazing.
    Srsly...what!?
    And one last time... what?!

Okay... let me say it this way:

Naxx was a bad rehash. That actually was one of the real rehashes, that were even butchered from their original version. I could understand that at least some people complain about this one - the same goes for Zul'Aman.
    Then again, why was Zul'Aman - which really was a copy&paste dungeon, except for some trash and some boss mechaics - not as awful as Zul'Gurub? Zul'Gurub on the other hand had completely new trash and bosses - all except two bosses were in the dungeon since vanilla and one of those two was also in the game, but basically no fight was the same as his old version.

Also, why were Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep bad? Was it, because it looked the same as before? If they would have put those boss fights into a completly new dungeon, would you also complain? Because except for the look and layout, nothing was like it was in the old dungeon.

The next part - what the fuck, Magister's Terrace is a rehash? A rehash of what exactly? Sunwell? The Bloodelf architecture?
    Magister's Terrace is as much a rehash as the Halls of Reflection are. Or more specifically: It is no rehash.
    The same goes for ToC. That was no rehash. Of what?

So... and now for the thread.
    The only thing I am concerned with is the story. I can see maybe a continuation of the Lilina Voss or Koltira Storyline, but other then that, I see nothing. Scholomance on the other hand... all bosses (except for the Ravenian, but therefor add Kirtonos) appear in western plaguelands, either in Andhorhal (Rattlegore, Ras and Gandling) or somehwere else (Ms. Barov is working on plaguecauldrons). Therefore I can see that the story is continued from there into the dungeon.
    But as said, I don't know how they will do this with the monastery. I think the bosses will be great and new, just like deadmines and shadowfang were when they released. So, let's see what will happen~
    Last edited by Marston; 2011-12-31 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Right. Blizzard pushes out recycled content in the face of the HUGE majority saying they don't want it. Right because Blizzard is "corrupted" and "lazy". Yes, I am the crazy one.
    In other words, you have no proof. Just because Blizzard does something it doesn't mean the majority is all for it, though the vocal minority, consisting of fanboys, might be.

Next time, don't make such a bold claim if you can't back it up.

WHY THE HELL is Mograine still there? he's goddamn dead, his head cut off his body by the ghost of his father! come on, Blizzard, you're supposed to have a team of people watching for this kind of errors? I had enough with the Falstad mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    So how long until we see complaint threads of people Ninja-lotting the Scarlet Crusade tabard?
    you'd think after 6+ years people would understand that if you want it need, don't greed, just like every mount that drops, Everyone needs = no ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Waiting for me H Herod
    BladesOfLightStorm!

No but herod was one of my fav dungeon bosses in vanilla. I'm excited to see what he will do in heroic.
    I don't know. Something.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    And frankly, why shouldn't they reuse some of this content, instead of it sitting dead most of the time?
    Actually, its not unused. Characters in their 30's go to SM, and I like the instance how it is, high enough for my alts, and low enough to farm on my maxed characters.

Its one part of the old world that hasnt been changed much. I hated the VC and SFK changes, and avoid them as heroics. Hell, of all the LFD heroics I do, those two are the ones that have the most people bail or leave early. The Troll heroics ZA/ZG had nothing to do with Cata, and everybody hates running them. If it had stayed the way it originally was, it wont be forgotten and unused like BC and Wrath heroics, and maxed out toons would run them for fun or farm for rare drops.

I generally hate the Cata changes to old stuff I liked, such as VC.
    Re-using old dungeons is a cop-out and no amount of paint will change that.
    I dont want SM and Scholo and Strat to turn into annoying and hated dungeons like ZA/ZG.
    Dont half ass it and make new dungeons already. A contributor to burn outs were not having enough dungeon variety at 85.

I can't decide whenever remaking old instances was a good idea or not, I do feel old DM and SFK was forgotten. (atleast for me), and same with SM havent been there in a loong while, and I do remember the nostalgia hearing BLADES OF LIGHT! the first time :P.

However the ZA/ZG idea only bothered me, because to cap your valor on all your alts I had to do 14times ZA 14times ZG each week. Figured i didnt cap valor points then, I do understand ZA/ZG are indeed harder than everything else. But even on a single character it was 3/4 times ZA and ZG a week. Which really butchered the instance if you ask me. I do feel that really ruined my experience of those to, also to point out: ZG was remade, ZA was just copy pasted with a bit higher dmg and health. I did not bother me however. I think in the future they should only remake instances if the actually remake them. Also put them in tiers like SFK and DM so its 1/1 to get them. That did work out better.

Hope you get my point.^^

One of the reasons they are re-doing SM is because they need an excuse to make a plate version of the Scarlet set so that paladins/etc can transmogrify it. That alone is a good enough reason to make them into heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I'm not sure if you've had your head in the sand for the past 6 months but that's exactly what's been happening.
    Yea. We know. You still won't be missed.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Since everyone claims vanilla was the best there ever was, i wouldn't be surprised if blizzard kept this up til we have a heroic version of each vanilla dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They removed Vishus? Sad He was one of my fav bosses way back when.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.