End Game Raiding - How's it looking? (Not a hate thread)

Hey guys. I've been pacing myself and have only hit 27. I just lost the initial rush that came with the game's release and have a hard time playing for extended amounts of time. A lot of that has to do with people in my guild that have been 50 giving me the impression that most of the time they're still sitting in the major city spamming in trade for whatever or PvPing. Anyone here seen what the raids feel like? (operations, I think they're called) I can't get into the feel of PvP and with no sight of a ladder system I don't think I will since I like the competitive side of mmopvp. So I think raiding will be the only thing that could keep me subbed beyond this next month or so. I tend to enjoy heroic raiding and find the more challenging the more fun and I hear it's a tad on the easier side. Thanks for any constructive post. I don't mind comparasions to WoW if that helps describe the feel/difficulty. I think it's fair game since it's the same genre and was made to compete with it. Just keep it constructive

The people who have already cleared the operations are the hardcore players who generally will clear the content ASAP. For the rest of us mortals, there should be plenty to keep us going until the next patch, where there are more flashpoints (apparently) and maybe an operation.

But yeah, rushing to the level cap is a generally bad idea atm. There'll be so few people there that you'd be doing exactly what your friends are: hanging out in the republic/imperial fleet, trolling general chat and spamming spacebar. If you take your time then there should be plenty of people at level 50 by the time you get there.