Building a new computer - will it work?

Hello everyone. I posted this same thread on the wowhead forums, to no avail.

The specs of the computer I'm looking at making are:

Cool master 212 evo (cpu cooler)
    i5-2500k (cpu)
    2x4gb of ddr3 (ram)
    Asus P8Z68-V (motherboard)
    Corsair TX650 (PSU)
    Lancool PC-K62B (case)
    Western digital 1tb HDD (WD1002FAEX)
    Gigabyte GV-N56GOC-1GI (video card)

As far as I can tell, all of these components should work together - any reason why they shouldnt?

All up, it'll cost me just under $1500NZ (about $1166 US), would this computer get good performance for the price?

For reference, the computer will be primarily for gaming, and listening to music. Mainly games such as WoW, BF3, and batman. From all the information I've pieced together, it looks like the computer should run fine in BF3 (the most demanding of the games, I'd imagine). I'll likely be playing on 1920x1200 resolution.

I was looking at buying the gtx 560ti to begin with, but it has a price tag of $400NZ over here, compared with $270 for the gtx 560.

I also looked at some soundcards (I've never had a separate sound card before, so I don't know how much of an affect they have), and decided, for the time being, that the on-board sound should be fine - if it helps, I always use headphones (specifically the alessandro ms1i).
    One semi-related thing I was wondering about was how secure video cards are, with them being sideways. Do they put much strain on the connection to the motherboard/case? Also, is it considered safe to set a vertical computer tower on its side, assuming the fans/vents don't get blocked up?

Anyone have any comments/advice about this setup? Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.

Normally when you are looking to buy a motherboard it will indeed tell you what ram is used & give you the socket type/ amd/pentium etc
    So as long as you build & buy the components around the mobo( motherboard) you cannot really go wrong
    As for gfx cards the slot they fit in has a slight pinch to it so it sits nice & secure
    If poss go for a soundcard as on board sound can at times drain your resources
    Even a mid range sound card will be better that on board
    Just dont forget to disable on board sound & on board gfx in the bios set up should you opt for stand alone sound card/gfx card
    Have fun

That will run bf3 fine on ultra. My friend got those specs exactly, but 500w psu and a gtx 560 non ti. he runs every game smoothly on ultra grapihcs.

Thanks for the comments. The motherboard/cpu/ram are all part of a "combo deal" from the store I'm buying them from. Any suggestions on a soundcard? I'm trying not to go overboard on this PC, and many of the soundcards I looked at were between $80-200NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytotem View Post
    Thanks for the comments. The motherboard/cpu/ram are all part of a "combo deal" from the store I'm buying them from. Any suggestions on a soundcard? I'm trying not to go overboard on this PC, and many of the soundcards I looked at were between $80-200NZ.
    Yup a creative audigy/soundblaster will do the job nicely not to steep in price either